A new game to play

I'm looking for enjoyable game to kill time until D3 has its formal release. Preferably on PC, but I have a PS3 as well. I've pretty much avoided most games over the last few years - so if it isn't skyrim, it's probably new to me.

I'd like a game with a solid story, and music. I'd like something a wee bit brighter than these games, but I'm not overly picky there. I enjoyed the sandbox nature of skyrim, but I didn't like the overall tone(in graphics, or story). ARPG, Dungeon Crawler, Action game(no rpg elements), or RPG(turn based) I'm not overly picky, just want a fun little game(or games ) to play for the coming months.

Huzzah!

Bastion was a game I really enjoyed. Not sure if you've tried it, but it's very enjoyable and has a interesting take on narration.

Bastion is terrific.

But to spice it up; Torchlight, Trine 2, Dragon Nest and Magicka are great fun.

Deleted
    If you got a mate to play with I really REALLY recommend "Army of Two" for the PS3, the first game, it's old, but damn I've had alot of fun with my friends playing that game. Otherwise, BF3 mutliplayer is downright epic, I'm loving every moment of it on my PS3, super-duper extra fun if you play with friends as a squad, coming up with a tactic etc, super fun. If you can't play CO-OP for w/e reason I recommend playing through the AC series, 1- w/e number it is now, good story, some wtf moments and climbing on effing houses ffs ;D Burnout Paradise will probably kill some time, a fun "cruise around town" game. A really underrated game or perhaps just not so well-known is "Dark Messiah: Might and Magic" it's like Skyrim, just abit more strict and you got some cool mechanics etc, this game is for PC and it' really cheap on Steam I think. Just Cause 2 is really nice to, this is also for PC, sandbox game where your goal is to wreck chaos. That's all I can think of now =) Hope some of it helped

Bastion! I loved that game. No other game has ever inspired me to actually email the designer and thank him for making it. He even wrote back to me (and responded to all my comments). That game is just amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands. That will be all.
    Oh and Bastion.

Deleted
    Portal/Portal 2. You wont regret it and has to be experienced at least once before you die.

Deleted
    I would recommend Dungeon Defenders, Torchlight and the Mass Effect series. ( 1 & 2 )

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend heavy rain.

Deleted
    Dark Souls

(does PS3 have that?)

10+ Year Old Account
    putting a vote for Terraria in here. It might be rather basic looking, but it's a sandbox type game :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.