Buying New Gaming PC

Hey All. Been following all the threads for awhile and think I'm going to finally move forward and upgrade. However, I've been looking at a couple pre-build sites (iBuyPower and CyberPower) and wondered what feedback can be given on them? Did a fairly decent build for around $900 (including the 2500k proc and 560ti gpu) and it actually came out about $200-300 cheaper to have it built by them instead of doing it myself. Does anyone have experience in buying from them and if they are good when it comes to product support when it comes to any warranty work?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have one from ibuypower and at first i had some issues with bsod and freezes but nothing that you cant fix with a litte computer knowledge. Mine has been working without a problem for awhile now.

Kinda hard to believe it was cheaper to go through them than build it yourself, considering they use the same parts and have to have some profit to cover their business. Wholesale discounts notwithstanding, it's almost always cheaper to build a gaming PC yourself.

From what I hear, they're usually alright companies to deal with, but when it goes bad, it goes very very bad. They can be customer service nightmares.
    Super casual.

iBuyPower and CyberPower get their builds so cheap because they skimp on stuff like the case, PSU, MoBo, and usually use cheap GPUs, for around that same price I put together a PC on PCPartPicker that I would bet was way better quality.

Not to mention, like Nellah said, I've heard nightmares about their customer service, and I've heard countless tales of PCs arriving banged up or completely DOA.

That being said, if you aren't confident in building your own custom PC, they're some of the only options, and a lot of people have used them. I wouldn't personally, but I've been building PCs since I was 17.

I guess my biggest concern is getting the parts and not having everything I need to build it out. The only true computer shop here closed down so don't have anywhere to run if something doesn't come with what is ordered. Is pretty much everything included that you need to install the proc and cooling device? One of the builds on CyberPower had "Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System " included for free. Are those type of liquid cooling system pretty simple to deal with? Is the coolant included or have to buy separate? I'll probably post a build I'm looking at doing in the appropriate section once I get things figured out.

You can go to the configurators on their sites and hand pick what parts you want. Of course, you could do the same at newegg and build it yourself, but some people are lazy. My roommate just got a new PC from cyberpower and its solid. If you are worried about cheap mobo/case/psu/etc from the pre-builts, configure one with quality parts or assemble it yourself.