Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Anyone that has purchased the annual pass has already purchased Diablo 3. I am one of those people and that is in no way preventing me from purchasing GW2 on release. Diablo 3 is a different type of game than Guild wars 2. Diablo 3 is a Co-op Online RPG same genre as GW1. GW2 However is a MMO-Co-op-RPG which is a different genre that alot of MMO's and a different Genre then D3. Its like FFXIII-2 sales affecting BF3.

As for MoP affecting GW2 that is more likely but blizz wont rush a MoP release it should come out Q3 if they start beta's in Q2. GW2 should be Q2.
    Q3 for Mists of Pandaria is exceedingly optimistic. Keep in mind Blizzard's attempting to push 3 games this year. Diablo 3, SC2 Heart of the Swarm and MOP. If there's a likely launch title for Q3 it's probably Heart of the Swarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I am looking very much forward too play GW2 but if D3 comes out close too it. it will be D3 sorry
    I'll buy GW2 and *nope.jpg*

Please do not promote piracy on these forums. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-11 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    I'll buy GW2 and pirate diablo 3 if it's that close
    You need online to play D3 even single player I believe so that wouldn't work as it will ask you to log in with your bnet account most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    blizazard and diabolo are in a conspiracy to kill the penis spiders of angola
    I lol'd so fuckin hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellsword View Post
    You need online to play D3 even single player I believe so that wouldn't work as it will ask you to log in with your bnet account most likely.
    Psst, pirates have gotten around that type of DRM plenty of times before.
    All you have to do is trick the game into thinking you're logged onto the servers when you're really not.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised. And to all the people saying it won't effect sales, consider this.
    2 games are coming out at the same time. You are one of them people who has been looking forward to Diablo III for years.
    Which are you going to try? With a game that can eat up as much of your time as Diablo III (or, of course, GW2) chances are if you are a Diablo III player + a WoW player, as plenty of people will be, you will not be focusing on playing another game at that time. Sure, you may buy GW2 a few months down the road, or whatever, but being too busy playing other games when GW2 releases will definitely reduce your interest in it majorly and there is a pretty good chance you will end up NOT picking it up in the future.

Releasing Diablo III at the same time as GW2 is a smart move from a sales perspective (of both Diablo III and WoW), so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it happened. In fact, I'd bet money on the release dates being within a month of each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on playing both Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 to excess.

Deleted
    I feel I need to know more about these spiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    Trolling? Umm no, not in the least. It's called business. They are competitors it's as simple as that. It's not like they're calling up the people behind guild wars 2 and making asinine comments, that would be trolling. I think the better question would be, are you trolling us by intentionally misspelling blizzard and diablo?
    This. /\/\/\/\/\

10+ Year Old Account
    In Q4 of 2011 Blizzard lost nearly 100k subs, this is AFTER the holidays, a huge patch, AND the annual pass. Yet, fan boys revere it as a "success/not that bad".
    If they're able to lose 1/10 of a million subs after pumping out that much crap in order to save the themselves from the fire that's burning their asses, then I can't imagine what the Q1 statement is going to look like this year. Even more so I don't even want to read the WoW forums after GW2 launches along with other major MMO titles.

MoP will not save/compete with GW2 and other games. Diablo III can be harmoniously with GW2. Blizzard is making a mistake by holding out on D3's launch by the assumption that GW2 will be releasing as soon as the devs "promise". Blizzard is just taking too much advice from their partner Bobby Kotick over at Activision.

They really need to grab their balls again and get the Blizzard train from 2001 up and running.
    Also, I won't be buying D3, the graphics are terrible and I don't like the changes they've made the game over all. Lastly, I won't be feeding into their "expansion" gimmicks anymore. I want to play a Necro upon the games release, why? BECAUSE IT'S AN EXPECTATION. I don't want ot be stuck in their loop of waiting a year of something then having to pay 40 bucks just to get it anymore. It would be similar to GW2 being released without minigames and the mesmer, and ANet holding out on something that's already complete just to come back and sell it to you later. That's pretty lame.

Witch Doctor sux BTW.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    May by it's sound like conspiracy theory, but I have feeling this is little sabotage. Ofc this games audience can be different, but for me it's like planned distraction. What do you think ?

( sry for my poor english btw )
    GW2 release date is Q3/Q4
    Diablo 3 release date is Q2.

I see no conflicts here. I will buy both of them.

100% certain Blizzard doesn't give two wits about Guild Wars 2. Blizz considers Bioware/EA their strongest competitors and publicly stated they were unfazed. Like Morhaime said, "Guys, we got this. Whatevas." in the Q4 report.

One of the most ridiculous ideas I seen in a while. ANet/NCsoft are nothing to Activision/Blizzard vis-a-vis the monolithic franchises they wield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    GW2 release date is Q3/Q4
    Diablo 3 release date is Q2.

I see no conflicts here. I will buy both of them.
    I'm more thinking GW2 release Q2 maybe Q3... :O
    I think May is the month of the game release, (maybe June or April with luck/unluck)

As much of a Diablo fan i have been over the last 10 years, if Blizzard wants to make me pick one it will be GW2 for sure. It's going to be a whole lot better game then D3 in my books.

Edit: If GW2 is set for around a April / May release, i could see blizzard holding off until around an April release to steal the hype off GW2 beta that would be running by then.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2012-02-11 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    this is common with MMOs, they held back 4.3 to drop for swtor, they will use MoP to ease the losses from GW2
    nah. I don't believe so. Tongues around the world speak of an already polished game when they refer to GW2. March and April are supposedly our months of Beta testing so I would expect the release soon after that. On the other hand Deathwing "dropped by for a hello" about 2 months ago and until we see the end of April, Dragon Soul will have a history of barely 5 months. In the meantime pre-MoP events must have their time for at least a month or so, and to top it off, Blizzard must have a whole new expansion ready in less than a year (since the announcement).

Now try to convince that in less than 2 months from now, we will be testing MoP's open Beta version and experiencing the pre-launch events.

NO!

They will use Diablo to ease their losses as a company and they know that this will also hurt WoW a bit more than GW2 would do on its own, but they will probably ease the loss on their total revenue a bit.

Of course, my personal opinion on the matter is that, Diablo as a single-player game, will hurt GW2 only a tiny bit.

This is like comparing Viacom to... Shaw.

If you look hard enough, you'll find a connection for everything. Sometimes there is no conspiracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Sometimes there is no conspiracy.
    That's only what they want you to believe!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    this is common with MMOs, they held back 4.3 to drop for swtor, they will use MoP to ease the losses from GW2
    Blizz will not need to compete with GW2 because GW2 has no sub fee.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Diablo 3 isn't an MMO. Or did I miss something? I am buying the CE of GW2 release night but I also have the annual pass in WoW. I do think though that after all this time stalling if they release Diablo 3 (or MoP or SC2.. take your pick) in the same week or within a couple weeks of Guild Wars 2 it definitely is a strategy. I think not only Blizzard, but other MMO Corporations are pretty intimidated by Guild Wars 2 hitting the shelves and it's a good business move to try to get as many from that audience as possible.

As we know, there are tons of people who believe that only 1 good game can exist at a time so there are people like me who will play both (Majority of my time in GW2, definitely) and then there are those who will fanboy 1 and bash the other for x amount of time.

---------- Post added 2012-02-11 at 09:47 PM ----------

Spat out my drink when I read this. lol 10/10

---------- Post added 2012-02-11 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up I thought blizzard was going to steal the GW2 audience with a juggling toy!

Once again thanks there is no way I would of thought that the op meant Diablo 3.
    Hey you never know. Some people may really have no idea xD

---------- Post added 2012-02-11 at 09:50 PM ----------

As I said previously it's a good business move. Kind of a low blow to Arena Net though because it's obvious they worked hard and for years on a SINGLE game that will most likely (by a majority) be shadowed by Mists of Pandaria or Diablo 3. Unfortunate but hey what can you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Blizz will not need to compete with GW2 because GW2 has no sub fee.
    it has to compete with player's time

the games will be in competition it's unwise to think that they wont
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    it has to compete with player's time

the games will be in competition it's unwise to think that they wont
    Very true. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I don't think sub numbers will be effected -that- significantly to any sub-based MMO by GW2. Most people drop a game is because they either can't, or do not want to, pay for more than 1 sub-based game at once.

Since GW2 will not have a sub, GW2's release won't effect numbers as much as the release of another sub-based MMO.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven