Please help me with my intenet! is this hardware out of date or broken?

Thanks ahead of time!
    So i'm having trouble with my connection speeds. My hardware is as follows
    -Ubee U10C018 Modem.
    -Airport Extreme Router

The modem plugs directly into the wall via a cable and then through an Ethernet cable into the router. I usually connect my desktop via a Netgear N-300, but recently the speeds have gotten so atrocious I've had to hard wire in. (which isnt practical for my current set up) But it doesnt even help that much. It seems that my browsing the internet is incredibly fast, pages load quickly, but the downloading games and streaming videos is horribad. I lag on 240p videos now and get 50 kb/s while patching. What could this be? One friend told me airport extremes suck and another told me my modem was shit. Any ideas? thanks guys!

PS;Speedtest.net is likew 2.6 down, 1.5 up XD

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is your connection suppose to be from your ISP?

Obvious stuff out of the way: have you tried unplugging power from everything and plugging it back in to reset it? If that doesn't work, try plugging the computer directly into the modem and resetting everything again (to remove the router from the equation). If you still get craptacular speeds while hardwired directly into the modem, it's a modem/ISP issue; if your speeds improve, it's a router issue.
    Super casual.