Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm surpriced Norn and charr are so low, I don't like charr either but I know plenty of people who're going to go charr.

Deleted
    i thought mesmser was going to be below engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I'm surpriced Norn and charr are so low, I don't like charr either but I know plenty of people who're going to go charr.
    Mostly the GW1 dedicated players were asking for charr as playable race I think... So I expect that most of the players that will chose charr will be the most gw fans and GW1 players. Norn are almost like humans, but humans are better looking in my opinion, especially the female. So Norn are losing a lot from people that will chose human instead. I will create Human, but if Humans didn't exist I would create Norn for sure..so you get my point :P
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-16 at 03:33 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Mostly the GW1 dedicated players were asking for charr as playable race I think... So I expect that most of the players that will chose charr will be the most gw fans and GW1 players. Norn are almost like humans, but humans are better looking in my opinion, especially the female. So Norn are losing a lot from people that will chose human instead. I will create Human, but if Humans didn't exist I would create Norn for sure..so you get my point :P
    I, personally, wouldn't say female humans are better than female Norn. Guess that's just me being weird.

Oh well, everyone has their preferences. At least it ain't female Charr. shudders

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I, personally, wouldn't say female humans are better than female Norn. Guess that's just me being weird.

Oh well, everyone has their preferences. At least it ain't female Charr. shudders
    lol :P

well actually my opinion is based on videos I saw on youtube, like this for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69sK7...rSK_1Q1DCrIhP3 (it has 3 more parts) . I saw similar videos for all races, but once I open the game and see it from a better view I may changed my mind, but for now it seems that Female Human Elementalist is 95% my first character
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    well actually my opinion is based on videos I saw on youtube, like this for example <snip link> (it has 3 more parts) . I saw similar videos for all races, but once I open the game and see it from a better view I may changed my mind, but for now it seems that Female Human Elementalist is 95% my first character
    Aye, the first thing I tried when I got into BWE3 was female human elementalist and I had tonnes of fun with it, got up to level 31 before trying anything else, it was that fun. That I prefer Norn must just be a weird preference, I just prefer a strong warrior woman to a dainty caster.

That's clearly just me. I chose ferocity for my Elementalist, I just prefer the strong woman appearance.

That's clearly just me. I chose ferocity for my Elementalist, I just prefer the strong woman appearance
    well it depends on the class for me. If I make a female warrior I will go with a strong woman but for my Elementalist/Mesmer I will go full charming :P

10+ Year Old Account
    well it depends on the class for me. If I make a female warrior I will go with a strong woman but for my Elementalist/Mesmer I will go full charming :P
    Yeah, that is whey I went female human mesmer myself. I think the human female looks the best as a mesmer, but that's just what I think. However, I really do like Norns as necromancers and rangers. Not sure why though.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Leave my purrific main alone! D: She's cute.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-16 at 07:34 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm going with Sylvari Mesmer (Female). I might go with Human or Norn, but I'd have to see in-game.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Leave my purrific main alone! D: She's cute.
    I've just had bad feelings with a friend abusing my sense of trust and linking a horribly detailed rule 34 image of a Charr female while I was least expecting it.

I've seen things, man.

Things you wouldn't believe.

Norn Guardian for me, im so excited for this games release

10+ Year Old Account
    Bow before your Asurian overlords before we make you.

Charr is still holding onto that 14.2%.

still didnt decided which one to pick ><

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I actually find PvP far more easy in this game, so far i've done 1 vs 5 and won 90% of the time.
    PvP is as difficult as the people you're fighting top-end pvp will always be more cutthroat competitive and as a result challenging. in any game

Charr Engineer is the most underplayed race/class combo?.... Wat?

Deleted
    I personally would class 18 as an adult. I'd class 16 as an adult most of the time as well, you've got responsibilities for your own damn things once you hit 16. I have my own bank account, I'm old enough to drive, I'm old enough to get a job, yet I'm still considered a child.

I get up at 6 am every day, get a coffee, sit and watch the news, get my stuff and head to the train station, catch a train 10 miles to college, do that then come home. I could drive there if I had a license and the ridiculous amount of money it costs to insure anything more than a cardboard box at my age. I'd say I'm responsible enough to be classed as an adult. I don't pay the bills, sure - Some people don't pay bills until they're in their 30s cause they still live with their parents, as do I.
    (Below is apropos of nothing and not intended as an attack, just an example of why people think differently to you)

You can think of yourself as an adult. Legally, you certainly are one. But beyond the legal definition, adults would probably disagree. Being legally able to do something and actually doing it are rather different. Equally, doing something for the first time and having done it lots of times is an even bigger difference. Right now, like it or not, you live like a child. Say you actually buy that car, rent a flat, pay a bill or two, you might make a better argument for being responsible. But even then, for adults, there's no sense of achievement or excitement about those things - they're just part of being an adult.

When you've moved out, lived on your own, found a gf and moved in with her, then bought a house together, then split up, sold the house, found another gf, moved in with her, split up with her, moved in on your own again, and all the time, paying bills, cancelling bills, paying countless fees and setting up multiple bank accounts and insurance policies, cancelling them, etc, etc, etc. then life looks a little different to the days when you thought having your own room was the greatest thing ever. (Your mileage may vary on the above - for thirty-somethings it's a familiar story)

Responsibility to you is a theory. To adults, it is a practice. The trappings of the adult world are an aspirational thing to you. To adults they are just shit to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingghidra View Post
    (Below is apropos of nothing and not intended as an attack, just an example of why people think differently to you)

You can think of yourself as an adult. Legally, you certainly are one. But beyond the legal definition, adults would probably disagree. Being legally able to do something and actually doing it are rather different. Equally, doing something for the first time and having done it lots of times is an even bigger difference. Right now, like it or not, you live like a child. Say you actually buy that car, rent a flat, pay a bill or two, you might make a better argument for being responsible. But even then, for adults, there's no sense of achievement or excitement about those things - they're just part of being an adult.

When you've moved out, lived on your own, found a gf and moved in with her, then bought a house together, then split up, sold the house, found another gf, moved in with her, split up with her, moved in on your own again, and all the time, paying bills, cancelling bills, paying countless fees and setting up multiple bank accounts and insurance policies, cancelling them, etc, etc, etc. then life looks a little different to the days when you thought having your own room was the greatest thing ever. (Your mileage may vary on the above - for thirty-somethings it's a familiar story)

Responsibility to you is a theory. To adults, it is a practice. The trappings of the adult world are an aspirational thing to you. To adults they are just shit to deal with.
    this sounds an awful lot like "whoever isnt as good as me is a noob" (non adult)

as in, drawing boundary lines like that is in fact, not adult-like but rather childish

or dare i say, people trying to feel better about themselves
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Interesting that it seems there are more who picked "mainly PvE" than "Mainly PvP" (though balanced is on top by quite a margin). Considering how many "GW2 is mainly a PvP game" comments there have been across the internet.

My male Human warrior combo aint the rarest but meh, don't really care.
    Last edited by mmoc90d9592e92; 2012-08-20 at 11:46 AM.