10+ Year Old Account

Damage and survivability

I'm probably going to get hate posts for this, but I just want to get a few opinions. I have a character I'm leveling through BGs, from 60-70+, and thinking of trying something different. What do you think about stacking resistance? There's not much resilience at that level, and enchant choices are also limited. The regular spell pen cap is around 70 at that level. I give up a few AP here and there (no primary stat enchants until cata).

I guess what I'm asking is... how much resistance before I see a noticeable difference - resisting some fear here and there, pesky mages? Educated guesses are just fine. At 85, it's not smart to stack resistance since resilience is a way better survivability stat, but at my level the counterpart resist enchants are just AP enchants. Or should I just not waste my time farming for resist patterns and go the conventional AP enchants?

id say its not worth it, in that bracket (or any sub 85 bracket) its just a damage fest, kill or be killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcks View Post
    id say its not worth it, in that bracket (or any sub 85 bracket) its just a damage fest, kill or be killed.

This ^, also if anyone is taking the PvP there seriously they will probably have at least the cape with Spell Penetration on it making whatever little resistance you have count for nothing.

There is also the fact that warlocks have a curse which will reduce your resistance to all spell schools at least 25% (More then shaman totems & paladin auras can provide, which takes allot of resistance stacking to reach).
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I'm probably going to get hate posts for this, but I just want to get a few opinions. I have a character I'm leveling through BGs, from 60-70+, and thinking of trying something different. What do you think about stacking resistance? There's not much resilience at that level, and enchant choices are also limited. The regular spell pen cap is around 70 at that level. I give up a few AP here and there (no primary stat enchants until cata).

I guess what I'm asking is... how much resistance before I see a noticeable difference - resisting some fear here and there, pesky mages? Educated guesses are just fine. At 85, it's not smart to stack resistance since resilience is a way better survivability stat, but at my level the counterpart resist enchants are just AP enchants. Or should I just not waste my time farming for resist patterns and go the conventional AP enchants?
    Bad idea,
    "There's not much resilience at that level" 64 twinks the the 60-64 bracket stack up to 45%, 70s bracket healers roll with 800+ resil.
    "enchant choices are also limited" would not call wotlk enchants limited at 60 or 70.
    And back to why its a bad idea; its only one school of magic. Having 100 Fr (40%) at 60 will only help so much vs the 1-2 people in the battle ground that actually use that particular school of magic to the rest of your opponents your 100 fr will be a self inflicted nerf.

If you still want to do it; 60-69 rarely have Spen. 70s usually stop at 70 Spen, to be capped for racials/auras/sham totem.
    Enchant wise only gloves/ bracers should be pure ap enchants, if not you are doing something wrong.
    Chromatic flasks 50+/65+ are available with 25/35 resist to all, the plans/mats however can be slightly difficult to obtain (try farming black lotus just try). And then there is an AQ 40 tank trink with 100 resist to all on use.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2012-02-12 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't take a lot to convince me, hehe. I missed almost all the points you brought up. No wonder it's a no-brainer NOT to do this. Thanks so much for the help!