Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    While on the subject of tank abilities in PVP.

IF YOUR CLASS HAS A TAUNT, EVEN IF YOU ARE DPS, IT BETTER BE ON COOLDOWN!

I hate when I have 3 Assassins on my team but I am the only one with protection points.
    So many ppl stuck in the mindset of how pvp works in other games they dont try or even look at what abilities even do. Daily I see tanks that have zero protection points for a warzone because they dont know how to guard or taunt. The real kicker is tanks can load up on 7 to 9 medals with almost no effort if they do those things, but they get so wrapped up in trying to be a selfish player and not eat dmg for others that they screw themselves over as well as the team.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 11:18 PM ----------

An easy fix to this is telling the person you are going to guard that you are doing it, if they are smart and you can work as a group they wont leave you. If you die or they die then you just toss it on somebody else, problem solved. All of this just touches on a much larger issue of ppl not buffing and not understanding how much difference 1 to 4 buffs per person can make.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    An easy fix to this is telling the person you are going to guard that you are doing it, if they are smart and you can work as a group they wont leave you. If you die or they die then you just toss it on somebody else, problem solved. All of this just touches on a much larger issue of ppl not buffing and not understanding how much difference 1 to 4 buffs per person can make.
    I've had healers whisper me on my Assassin before matches and basically say, "Hey, can you Guard me, then stick around to peel?" I was like, "hell yeah!"

I haven't tried it the other way around, though (me whispering someone else).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    thanks for the information, never known about 15 meters range.
    IT'S IN THE TOOLTIP!!!!

If you are not a tank or have never played one then it is understandable that you do not know, though I can't begin to tell you how many tanks I have met that thought it was a zone-wide ability for some reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delnadris View Post
    Well, imho, that's no excuse for players representing top pvp guilds, as they put it, that had the insane luck of getting 2 premades in a single warzone, to be stomped like we were. Im just curious to see what happens when rated warzones come into play, but if my entire side is as full of mouthbreathers as the guys i usually see, then it's hopeless.
    Meh, are you sure it was a total pug? I was in a huttball match last night with 2 other guildmates and we beat a double premade 6-0 pretty much by ourselves. Tank buddy picked up the ball, threw it to me up top, and my other buddy sat on the other end and got passed to. If he got knocked in the pit, I had already walked over to the end zone and he lobbed it up to me. After we were up on them 3-0, they lost focus and started pit killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Meh, are you sure it was a total pug? I was in a huttball match last night with 2 other guildmates and we beat a double premade 6-0 pretty much by ourselves. Tank buddy picked up the ball, threw it to me up top, and my other buddy sat on the other end and got passed to. If he got knocked in the pit, I had already walked over to the end zone and he lobbed it up to me. After we were up on them 3-0, they lost focus and started pit killing.
    There were maybe 2 imps from the same guild, but that's no excuse. Call me elitist, but i really can't tolerate stupidity. At 0-0 i lost 2 scores because one of my guildmates didn't pass to me when i was open, had speed up, and was basically clear to score, even with me spamming "PASS" in raidchat. And then he just said "oh sry". Not to mention the mouthbreathers from the other guild who were prolly farming medals even though they were all battlemasters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I didn't even realize it worked that way. I bet many other tanks don't either. Thanks for informing me.

Usually I PvP in a group of guild members, so we're sort of fighting as a unit. Which is why I probably haven't noticed it.
    Reading tooltips goes a long way

Quote Originally Posted by Khartol View Post
    Reading tooltips goes a long way
    Tooltip doesn't say your guard prevents another guard from overwriting it. I knew about the 15 meter thing... because I read the tooltip.

Currently I'm leveling an Assassin Tank, and I gotta say, I love it in PvP. I'm smart about my guard though. I only pop on someone who is fighting near me and being focused, so that they take less damage while I'm beating on the enemies healer or BC (ball carrier). If I notice the person who I have my guard on is running away from me, I won't chase them just to keep that guard up, I just disable it. The fool wants to die, I say let them.

But yes, nothing annoys me more than when I'm trying to put my guard up on our teams ball carrier (I won't carry the ball as a tank, cause it's more effecient dmg reduction wise for me to guard someone else, especially if they are a tank too) and they have their guard on someone else, or don't right-click off the buff that someone else has given them but is across the map. It's just annoying to watch that guy go down, knowing I could have done something, but because of the unawareness (and not listening to ops chat when I tell them to remove the buff) I could not do as much as I could have.