We just have obvious play style differences. But I'm just glad you can support your opinions.
    The community for tera has gone down the drain over the past few months. Hopefully it'll pick back up when we get a new flow of players coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    We just have obvious play style differences. But I'm just glad you can support your opinions.
    The community for tera has gone down the drain over the past few months. Hopefully it'll pick back up when we get a new flow of players coming in.
    global chat and every time someone enchants something to +9 is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    global chat and every time someone enchants something to +9 is annoying.
    Global chat isn't so bad, I just hate the "Elin master race" chat 24/7. Cause I personally only play Amen.
    And you can turn the global enchanting spam off.

Initially it's probably going to be very, very bad. I remember when Tera did it's first trial. Oi.

I completely agree that the community will be awful at first. Every game I've played that's gone f2p has had this same problem for the first little bit. I expect tera to be no different. Though a lot of us have been trying to push a lot of other players to try and help our the new players when they arrive. I know on the tempest reach we have about 4 guilds established so far that their main goal is going to be helping the new players learn the ropes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:38 PM ----------

Also, if anyone is curious, mmorpg.com just did a pretty short but good interview about the new f2p system.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/feature...ame=477&ismb=1
    Last edited by Basileus; 2013-01-19 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Initially it's probably going to be very, very bad. I remember when Tera did it's first trial. Oi.

US is pretty bad atm since they gave original game buyers 2 free weeks to play right now.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    US is pretty bad atm since they gave original game buyers 2 free weeks to play right now.
    What problems have you had with the original players? I mean, I've been playing since the beta and the worst people I have seen are the ones from after the first three months of release.

What problems have you had with the original players? I mean, I've been playing since the beta and the worst people I have seen are the ones from after the first three months of release.
    What I mean is general chat seems a bit more "trolly" atm. Original players who haven't played since launch (and their first 30 days) are back for two weeks and trolling it up. I'm not saying it's the case for every single returning player but it seem pretty volatile the few times I've played since getting the two week freebee.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

First thing I did when I played for my free weeks was get rid of the chat. Makes it a whole lot better.

Hi guys.

I decided to play again TERA a bit before they make it f2p. The thing is, I got the game when it was announced so right now I have a standard edition. The thing is, I cant seem to apply a trial to it, is this normal? I wouldn't like to start playing on a new account and then re-starting again on my old account when the game becomes f2p...

Also, is Warrior a viable dps class? which of the melee classes do you see as the most fun?

Thanks!

Mechagnome
    As many, I'm keeping an eye on it. Everything from the graphics to the combat are amazing. Having that full control of over my character is an unique feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Hi guys.

I decided to play again TERA a bit before they make it f2p. The thing is, I got the game when it was announced so right now I have a standard edition. The thing is, I cant seem to apply a trial to it, is this normal? I wouldn't like to start playing on a new account and then re-starting again on my old account when the game becomes f2p...

Also, is Warrior a viable dps class? which of the melee classes do you see as the most fun?

Thanks!
    You can't downgrade yourself from standard to trial. They just gave everyone 7 days game time so you might have that.

Every dps class is competitive atm, archers might need some love but would fuck over PvP.

I think most fun is berserker, you only use a few attacks but their slow and timing is everything. Makes soloing BAMS harder. Warrior is fun, I find it tedious though keeping track of the debuffs you need to apply then the combo points.

Thanks for the answer zito!

What about the Slayer? I'm trying to figure out which melee class I like the most, I did the prologue with both Lancer and Warrior, Lancer was fun but didn't enjoy it as much as Warrior, but in the starter zone almost everyone is a Warrior and I don't want to play the "flavour of the month".

What about the Slayer? I'm trying to figure out which melee class I like the most, I did the prologue with both Lancer and Warrior, Lancer was fun but didn't enjoy it as much as Warrior, but in the starter zone almost everyone is a Warrior and I don't want to play the "flavour of the month".
    Warriors lost their edge for me when they gave them a block. Slayer is the agile equivalent to berserker, hits lower then a zerker but has faster attacking and runs on dodges instead of blocks.

When I try to apply the code for the free week event on my standard edition account it says "missing" and when I try to log into the game it says I need an active suscription to play.

Seems like it's not possible to apply the trial Guess I'll have to wait until February.

Slayer was my first class to 60, and was probably the most fun melee class ever. We are extremely fast in PvE and PvP, and we combo like lightning. We use a lot of our abilities, compared to zerker who uses 6 or so at max level.
    We are fairly easy to get used to, probably the easiest class to be good at in tera. But if you want fast attacks and eventually get huge crits, slayer is a pretty good choice.

So I played the prologue as a slayer.

I'm a bit dissapointed because it felt really, really slow, like a caster melee class with no cast bar.

I love huge and fast numbers, maybe the slayer just feels slow on the prologue?

The slayer gets much faster because in the end, almost all of your abilities naturally combo together. Once you get the glyph to reset overhand strike, you'll be much faster.

The way things are set up, most classes end up being late bloomers. The first 20 levels are going to be ho-hum simply by design because you don't have many skills to work with. Slayer play very fast later on though like Basileus said (through combos and +atk speed), just keep at it because the game totally changes when you get key abilities like overhand strike, heart strike, and backstab.

Thanks guys, then I think I'll try the Slayer.

Do you think is it worth paying a month (since I already own a standard edition from when the game got released) or should I wait for the game to get f2p? I heard something about the Tera Club which is like having a suscription, if i'm suscribed by the time that feature becomes availble I suppose they will transfer me to that club if I'm paying a suscription?

I would like to start playing it already but the only thing I can do right now is play on a trial account which is not my main account so it's kind of pointless to level up on it...