Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Is it just me or does that description sound exactly like what rifts in Rift do?
    Rift isn't the first MMO to have rifts like that, but yes it's the same. Except these rifts are high level only so they won't be useless like most of Rift's rifts.

Plus rift has raid dungeons which make their Rifts more useless.

I think its a good idea for Tera if they don't keep adding more end game things that could over take it (raid instances).
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Yes but I don't believe those focused their endgame content around them. Then again I don't really know since I didn't play many of them
    This is the only rift in the game, and its not the only end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Is it just me or does that description sound exactly like what rifts in Rift do?
    That's exactly what rifts do in EVERY game.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Seeing a worldboss in videos, I can see how they will make it work Probably involving mobs charing wildly into the crowd absolutely molesting anything that comes in their way, seems good. Rifts in Rift for example, were just like a mini-dungeon... Trash spawns, bosses spawn, and it's relatively easy to just move in there, stand there, heal some people, and get points. When there's a tank present, it was just nuke something that's being tanked as hard as possible.

I believe this kind of boss encounters that Tera has, has a lot of potential to be good in these rifts. Just hoping they can get the full potential of it out ^^
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Since players handle the voting, they are probably not going to vote in the asshole dictator and his crew, and it would be hard for one guild to take control of a server unjustly because there is only so many of them compared to the rest of the server. What you would get is a pseudo-government with complete lays and standards for the server, people would only vote for people who look out for them. Assholes would be jailed. Wouldn't you like a bit of street justice for chat trolls and ninja loots?
    You might want to poke your head around EVE and it's CSM, and who is in it, for a counter example. It's rather surprising and sometimes frightening what people will do in large groups.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

There were already open elite areas in Tera. The rifts thing seems a natural extension in light of that and the BAFMs.

ZAM is giving away beta keys RIGHT now:

http://www.zam.com/giveaways/tera.html

Just need to log in and you can get a key.

Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post
    ZAM is giving away beta keys RIGHT now:

http://www.zam.com/giveaways/tera.html

Just need to log in and you can get a key.
    Yup, seems like I don't have to be bored this weekend, yay =D
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Rift isn't the first MMO to have rifts like that, but yes it's the same. Except these rifts are high level only so they won't be useless like most of Rift's rifts.

Plus rift has raid dungeons which make their Rifts more useless.

I think its a good idea for Tera if they don't keep adding more end game things that could over take it (raid instances).
    "Most" of Rifts rifts aren't useless, they are an XP bomb and are very handy while leveling. And dungeons making rifts useless? Thats like saying raids make PvP useless. Complete horsecrap.

GW2 fanboi detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Yup, seems like I don't have to be bored this weekend, yay =D
    Heh, grats.

I just gave keys to all of the usual suspects in my WoW guild.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    "Most" of Rifts rifts aren't useless, they are an XP bomb and are very handy while leveling. And dungeons making rifts useless? Thats like saying raids make PvP useless. Complete horsecrap.

GW2 fanboi detected.
    Did you read his post? He is talking about end game not leveling, there are no rifts in Tera other than the one they are adding next patch.
    And rifts in rift do become useless once you out level them unless it's a raid rift.
    When was GW2 even mentioned? Don't come into threads with your stupid 'fanboi' attitude.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    And rifts in rift do become useless once you out level them unless it's a raid rift.
    Actually, not quite. One of the largest increases to stats is from essences gained from rifts, invasions and DEs. Also PA XP is not an insignificant consideration for endgame Rift-- esp. as one rises in tiers. Also, rifts, invasions and DEs offer lateral gearing options to the same tier of content. Some of the trinkets gained from Raid Rifts are BiS as well.

So while lower level rifts/invasions/DEs serve little use to an endgame equipped player, they are rarely ever not worth doing to even players in top end gear.

ZAM's out of keys and US doesn't have a $5 preorder to get into betas like EU. PANIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Did you read his post? He is talking about end game not leveling, there are no rifts in Tera other than the one they are adding next patch.
    When was GW2 even mentioned? Don't come into threads with your stupid 'fanboi' attitude.
    Fanboy thing was uncalled for, I was being grouchy, my apologies. However as the poster below yours has said, rifts in rift dont get useless.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    In rift's current end game it's between raid rifts and raid instances, raid instances outshine the actual raid rifts. The only reason to really do raid rifts now is for a couple of gear upgrades (but generally are not needed in the long run) but raid instances have pretty much out shined rifts in terms of content unless trion will update raid rifts in the future. Right now they aren't really challenging and is just another free lootz thing.

GW2 fanboi detected.
    We are talking about tera and Rift's crevices/rifts, how is this relevant?

I'd rather see chronicles and dungeons pre raid - and Raid rifts making an actual comback as raid content like they did with older raids recently.

Lets hope the 5 man dungeons don't become a pre-raid thing for Tera crevices and both are competitive end game.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    ZAM's out of keys and US doesn't have a $5 preorder to get into betas like EU. PANIC!
    Try amazon and just cancel the pre-order before may so you don't have to pay and you get beta.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-23 at 04:25 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

In rift's current end game it's between raid rifts and raid instances, raid instances outshine the actual raid rifts. The only reason to really do raid rifts now is for a couple of gear upgrades (but generally are not needed in the long run) but raid instances have pretty much out shined rifts in terms of content unless trion will update raid rifts in the future. Right now they aren't really challenging and is just another free lootz thing.
    With respect, rifts aren't the focus of their entire endgame. Doesn't seem sensible, workable or a valid expectation to have an open world encounter with Rift's gameplay model with the mechanics of say, Rune King.

Rifts are not unimportant to ahem, Rift. They are not the entire endgame-- if that's your beef so be it. Though I think it's a bit faulty to say open world rifts/invasions/DEs are trivial to endgame.

Tell me, how many BiS resist cores and syn crystals do you have with your Rt2.5 gear?

Sorry for off-topic.

High Overlord
    =]

Just finished installing and ran the system spec test and it said I met all the recommended requirements! Success!

For me, the guild system is going to be very interesting. I would of course, love to be a part of the major guild that owns a city/province. I wonder if people are actually going to try and win votes through twitter/facebook and forum posting. O.o Potential for server guild rivalries seems interesting.

Been alternating between US and EU as they servers are up. :>

Can't wait for full release. Game is stupid fun.

I hate to open up a shit storm but I do have one more full Beta access key for anyone that's interested.
    Just pm me and i'll send it out in the morning

I been playing in the EU one just due to the 7$ get into all beta pass :P. Going to preorder the game soon for US so I can play in US and EU beta every weekend woot :P. So far loving everything in tera its really refreshing.

I've played the beta and for me I persoanlly did not like the choice of races and especially what they wear half the time -shudders- and aesthetic reason sure but it may be what actually influences my decision on if I'm going to play or not. I tried out lancer priest slayer and archer to level 15 to see how each faired and I must say the combat is very rewarding and entertaining from each of these stand points, bit of a shame I still haven't got to the first dungeon but thats for the next CBT