• Star Wars: The Old Republic

35 7.13%
  • Guild Wars 2

162 32.99%
  • TERA Online

130 26.48%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wtf...where is Lotro? still the best looking one for me, even after all these years

People who voted wow are using cinematics to judge lol. You can't really say wow looks better, your out of your mind.

NOW in game graphics?? Yeah different story.

Going with Aion and I don't even play it.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Deleted
    TOR doesn't look like that in-game.
    I'd vote Rift probably, with WoW as second (thanks to its cartoony style). As many others I don't like the korean style at all so the others don't do it for me.

Deleted
    I voted for TERA. Its hard to vote, they all look awesome in their unique way, but for me,
    graphic and RPG style its TERA.

The graphics for Guild Wars 2 do not look good. The pictures shown in the original post are during a cinematic scene, not during game play. If you you tube any videos of Guild Wars 2 game play, the in game graphics do not look nearly that good.

That being said, I am excitedly waiting for GW2 to come out, and I look forward to playing it, not cause of the graphics, but because of their philosophies of what a MMO should be.

I can't judge Tera, as I've never seen it, and I don't trust the pictures in the OP. So, of the remaining, SWTOR or Rift look the best to me.

I can understand people voting for WoW in graphics. When WoW was the game I played, the look, the coloring, the feel... everything felt just right. It was only when I played 2 MMO's at the same time for a month that I noticed the lackluster graphics. Signing on for raids in WoW after a few hours of leveling... I literally said, "Holy shit, has WoW always looked this bad?"

Guild Wars 2 for me. The art style had me from the start.
    Tera comes in at a close second. I am not a huge fan of Eastern style graphics, but the environments look pretty as hell.
    It's probably a tie between Aion and Rift for third.

...Why are TOR and WoW up there? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    The graphics for Guild Wars 2 do not look good. The pictures shown in the original post are during a cinematic scene, not during game play. If you you tube any videos of Guild Wars 2 game play, the in game graphics do not look nearly that good.
    Cinematics shown for GW2 use in-game graphics though. Although if I recall correctly, one of the two screenshots picture by the OP is rendered, so it's not really a good example. I would have chosen other screenshots, personally.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-02-12 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    TERA or GW2, there's really no contest - these two are in a different league to others on this poll. The only MMO close to them graphically would be FFXIV.

Something about Rift's graphics just rubbed me the wrong way as well.

Deleted
    Lol, wheres EVE? EVE Spaceships > All

Deleted
    Considering its age, I think WoW is doing really well appearance wise. I like the art style.

I like the art style of SWTOR a lot too, but it has too many graphical glitches still to get my vote.

TERA and GW2 may be technically much more advanced, but 1) they aren't out yet and 2) I find they lack some of the visual charm of the above two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Duuuuuuuuude! u miss LOTRO in the poll which is the best looking MMORPG :P

I've played most of these MMORPGs, and I still think Conan is the best looking of them all, almost.

That engine is being updated for The Secret World, which might look even better than Conan once it's released. The character animations probably still need some work, but it's pretty nice. The setting looks great. Finally a DARK MMORPG (literally!).

link: more The Secret World images & videos
    Last edited by Borzo; 2012-02-12 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    Lol I can pick out the fanboys here so easy. :P

Edit: I know each has its own style, but Lotro just looks horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    TERA or GW2, there's really no contest
    end of thread... move along

10+ Year Old Account
    i vote for EVE Online...

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    Duuuuuuuuude! u miss LOTRO in the poll which is the best looking MMORPG :P

Lotro landscapes are amazing..but the characters..the worst I have played so far..so overall is not worth being on the list..I always wondering if the developers ever played this game and found ok the characters..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the new artwork / graphics shown for MoP are awesome.

Secondly TERA is looking good.

Those two pictures for GW2 don't do it any justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say GW2 looks to have the best "graphics" and WOW has the best style. Blizzard really hit a home run with the art style they used... unfortunately, it's really meh by today's standards. I can imagine the WOW style but just with a much higher poly/pixel count for Titan (or whatever it's called.) It will probably be #1 for me.

As for aesthetics, WoW would be my pick. But as for graphical quality, AoC still gets the cookie. It's annoying on how a 4 year old game Is still the best looking MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    As for aesthetics, WoW would be my pick. But as for graphical quality, AoC still gets the cookie. It's annoying on how a 4 year old game Is still the best looking MMO.
    Yeah, but they suffered for it at the time of release. I doubt any new developer is gonna push the graphical boundaries of MMORPGs like Conan did... ever again. The Secret World's engine is based on Conan's though, and I'm curious to see how much of an update it is. The environments for TSW look great... but the characters... a little less great. But the Beta has only just recently started, so here's to hoping they improve upon that.