Poll: Should Chris Brown be allowed to perform at the Grammys?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If a woman is hitting me, im gonna hit them back.
    Word. Maybe not (always) hit, but atleast throw them the fck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I will not be surprised with these sorts of responses. I just hope that you are in grade school and that it is not the attitude of any grown man that it is acceptable to beat on women. This is not the WWE and in real life men are stronger than women. If you can't take a beating from a woman without resorting to violence, then you are not a man.

Of course you do not have to stay with a woman that attacks you, but unless she is literally putting your life in danger there is no excuse.
    Wow. You're amazingly sexist. I don't even know where to start...

10+ Year Old Account
    So because he is not running for office he has no moral standards to abide by? I guess if you can sing and dance you can get away with anything - or play sports.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 05:41 PM ----------

Rather be a moron than a woman beater.
    Thats self defense, not beating a woman. I think what he did was wrong, but he paid for his crime, and therefor should not be treated as a runaway criminal.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a woman can be forgiven for beating a man then why cant a man be forgiven as well? The idea that a man who hits a woman for any reason is sexist. If a woman hits me in anger and the only way to get away from the situation is to hit her or slap or push her i will do it to get away. There is a difference in defending yourself and abusing someone. Any man who abuses a woman is a scummy sack of shit IMO. If you truly want equality for both sexes then you have to treat each the same no matter what. Its only fair.

Chris Brown is a human being, we all make mistakes. His mistake doesn't take away from his talent. I actually can't believe people are still bringing up the chris brown vs rihanna incident 3 yrs later......

Give it a damn break please.

When you achieve perfection then you have the right to judge someone, until then be quiet because you end up looking like a complete tool. It's like people want to see Chris brown fail, keep waiting because it won't happen anytime soon. He is still making money and traveling the world

One more thing, what's with people saying "a man should NEVER hit a woman?"....Rihanna looks like the type of girl that would physically abuse a man, so chris brown knocked her out. I love Rihanna, I think she is a beautiful woman, however if she attacked chris first she deserved to get knocked out. A lot of "americanized" women nowadays are extremely disrespectful, they want all the rights of a man with all the benefits of being a woman.

You want all the rights of a man? well guess what? if you want to step to a man and fight him you will get beaten like a man. Everyone needs to keep their damn hands to themself. Men shouldn't be hitting women, and women shouldn't be hitting men.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so I am sexist. Forgive me for thinking that men were actually physically stronger than women. How incredibly sexist and naive of me.

I never said that the guy should NEVER be forgiven. That would be absurd.

I guess I am not seeing these feeble men and behemoth women that you all speak of. I have not been to Eastern Europe and can only speak of the region I live. Women here are very feminine and although I do know some that could kick my ass, they are not the majority by any means.

Ya'll go about hitting women. I will stay a Southern gentlemen and take any lumps I have coming like a man.

Oh ya, dude is still doing his time. Still on probation for another 2 years. Not that it does much, but it does mean that he is still under some sort of state enforced punishment.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-02-13 at 12:04 AM.
    I like sandwiches

OK, so I am sexist. Forgive me for thinking that men were actually physically stronger than women. How incredibly sexist and naive of me.

I guess I am not seeing these feeble men and behemoth women that you all speak of. I have not been to Eastern Europe and can only speak of the region I live. Women here are very feminine and although I do know some that could kick my ass, they are not the majority by any means.

Ya'll go about hitting women. I will stay a Southern gentlemen and take any lumps I have coming like a man.
    You have never been to D.C...

Ending it is all I fucking think about, that's the shit I think about
    All alone, bawling 'til my mothafuckin' eyes bleed

I will not be surprised with these sorts of responses. I just hope that you are in grade school and that it is not the attitude of any grown man that it is acceptable to beat on women. This is not the WWE and in real life men are stronger than women. If you can't take a beating from a woman without resorting to violence, then you are not a man.

Of course you do not have to stay with a woman that attacks you, but unless she is literally putting your life in danger there is no excuse.
    that's sexist on both fronts to say that men are held to higher standards than women and to say that women aren't physically capable of taking the same thing that men can take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Deleted

Lumps? Here that would be getting off lightly, some of the women around here will break a bottle in your face while you "take it like a man".

One more thing, what's with people saying "a man should NEVER hit a woman?"....Rihanna looks like the type of girl that would physically abuse a man, so chris brown knocked her out. I love Rihanna, I think she is a beautiful woman, however if she attacked chris first she deserved to get knocked out. A lot of "americanized" women nowadays are extremely disrespectful, they want all the rights of a man with all the benefits of being a woman.
    How about having a little self control... taking the high road, calling the police... you are right no-one should be hitting anyone but pounding on someone because "they started it" is pretty rediculous for either party. Man or woman.

There is always more to the story. What you probably didn't hear was Rihanna gave Chris the herpes. That is well deserving of a beating.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Lumps? Here that would be getting off lightly, some of the women around here will break a bottle in your face while you "take it like a man".
    Yes, and that would be an entirely different scenario as she would be threatening your life! Come on people, distinguish life-threatening attacks and slaps.

I see a lot of guys here who would be saying the classic line "she hit me first" that is oh so prevalent on COPS. It does not work for them and it will not work for you.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-02-13 at 12:08 AM.
    I like sandwiches

You also say in your first post about being so quick to forgive. Now personally, I don't give a shit about Chris Brown, he's a grade A douchebag, but really, 2 1/2 years is not that quick.

Deleted
    Yes, and that would be an entirely different scenario as she would be threatening your life! Come on people, distinguish life-threatening attacks and slaps.
    A slap is not a threat, we are talking about a women really laying into you. If that happens you cant just shrug it off, no matter how macho you think you are.

10+ Year Old Account

I see a lot of guys here who would be saying the classic line "she hit me first" that is oh so prevalent on COPS.
    Fine, she slaps me, but if she does it more then once shes either getting one back or going to jail.

If a woman can slap a man and get away Scott free, then the same should apply the other way around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Grammys is basically the MTV Music Awards. It's for the kids, just look at who's nominated, basically the same people as the MTV Music Awards. There's far more talented people out there, but they refuses to nominate them because very few people have heard of them. Sad sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a woman is hitting me, im gonna hit them back.
    There's a massive difference between defending yourself and beating the shit out of a woman, Chris Brown, beat the shit our of Rihanna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine, she slaps me, but if she does it more then once shes either getting one back or going to jail.
    Ya, either she goes to jail or you touch her and it is all you. No matter who "started it".

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, the Grammys is basically the MTV Music Awards. It's for the kids, just look at who's nominated, basically the same people as the MTV Music Awards. There's far more talented people out there, but they refuses to nominate them because very few people have heard of them. Sad sad.
    That is my whole point I guess I was trying to make. What sort of message does this send out to impressionable kids? Hey, it is cool to beat your girlfriend, just takes slightly longer to make it to the top!
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be straight with you, If a woman was beating a guy up i'd stop the woman, vice versa. If a woman was attempting to harm me and I was the larger of the 2 of us i would restrain and calm her down. If she was larger and trying to beat me up i'd think fair is fair (equality for both sexes). Now i'm not saying that i'll beat the shit out of her, but if she is threatening my life then i'll defend myself completely as if it was another human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think woman-beaters are the lowest of the low.
    Woman-beaters are the lowest of the low? Strange, I would have put pedophiles, kidnappers, and murderers at the top of the list, but that's just my opinion. I don't personally know either party involved in the incident in question and I'm smart enough not to base my righteous indignation on celebrity gossip. I don't listen to Chris Brown's music and I don't watch the Grammys, but a 2-year-old assault charge is not reason enough to prevent a man from doing his job.