Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Video game story lines, what game did you like the most *story line*

Basically title says it all, what game story line did you enjoy the most? Mine is Halo
    AGAIN THIS IS AN OPINION THREAD NOT A CONSOLE/GAME WAR THREAD please just which story line you enjoyed the most! =)

I'm going to say Parasite Eve again, simply because there's nothing else like it that handles it as seriously as as it does.

But I'll also throw in Phantasy Star 2 and 4. It's a fantasy RPG plot in a sci-fi RPG setting and Nei was probably my first video game crush so bonus points there.

Deleted
    i have a few
    Legend of zelda ( OOT if i had to choose however the storys are so similar )
    Halo
    Warcraft lore ( if it counts i really like the Warcraft 3 story tbh )
    thats what i can think of.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still going to be Neverwinter Nights for me.

Sheer nostalgia though probably. It was the first serious game I played and still my favourite altogether.

Loved Halo, but I would have to say Gears of War 2.

Sure, the story wasn't exactly new, but they did a superb job of getting you involved and invested in the characters, and it had the perfect blend of emotion and balls-to-the-walls over-the-top testosterone fueled chainsaw-machinegun-wielding action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Sun and KotOR (I), i guess.

Jade Empire, I loved the certain plot point that I shan't mention for spoilers but that people who played the game will certainly know what I mean :P

and The Longest Journey/Dreamfall

-The Warcraft series
    -Legend of Zelda
    -Professor Layton
    -KotOR 1+2
    -The Earthbound/Mother series

There are others, but those are my favourites.

Deleted
    Halo, even with halo 4 coming up. The whole halo universe is awesome imo.
    AC
    Warcraft Universe
    God Of War
    Gears of War
    Pokemon up to Platinum
    GTA Vice City
    Killzone

But the best storyline I've ever played is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mark_of_Kri
    I've probably more hours at this game than Skyrim and Oblivion together. Plus, the gameplay was one the best.
    Still playing it on my ps2 btw.

Legend of Zelda series is Skelington's favorite.

Assassin's Creed its just sick, love that game cant wait for the 3rd to come out this year...

Deleted
    Dragon Age and Mass Effect series, Bioware is amazing when it comes to writing a good story.

Deleted
    Deus Ex (both 1 & 3) have amazingly well put together stories - Though the storytelling is not up to par with, say, BioWare's games; the awesome story is certainly still there!

Also, the story told in Warcraft 3 - Both RoC and tFT - is just awesomely amazing; a real shame Blizzard had to butcher it so hard in WoW.

The story in the Assassin's Creed games is really good as well - Even if it's contrived and sometimes confusing.

Golden Sun series
    FF6. I wish they did more final fantasy like that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Bioshock, which ought to be self explanatory. FF6 and 10, the only truly exceptional ones in that series, though they were all good. DQ7 for being heart-wrenching and darkly funny, with a unique format; it really exemplifies why a cliched story doesn't have to be a bad one.

I can't personally seem to get into any Bioware games or most old school CRPGs, not their stories at least. The dialog is just too long winded for my tastes. Bioshock's monologues were 50% of the game, but at least I could play the game at the same time, and they seemed much more compelling than BW's fantasy dialog. ME's was ok. Maybe it's just a high fantasy thing. Not my favorite genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Golden Sun series
    !
    /brofist

Final Fantasy Tactics. The twists, the turns, and all the different people with their own agendas, along with the mythology of the Zodiac Braves, and the reality behind them really made it one of my favorite storylines along with an ending that wasn't the general happy cheery ending you're used to from a fantasy game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always loved the Final Fantasy stories. Yes, there are quite a few games in the series. Some stories are stronger then others, but even their lowest points on the long line of games have solid stories (even if a little ridiculous at first). The latest FFXIII part one and two combine characters in your party who have essentially destroyed each others lives (FFXIII) and having protagonists who's mission may or may not be worse than the "villain" of the game (FFXIII-2).

Metal gear solid ones,

tricksy story
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Planescape Torment is my favorite. But I really did enjoy some others like Dues Ex, Baldur's Gate, and The Witcher 2.