World first: DK solo festergut!

Very unforgiving fight when it comes to making mistakes, 1 mistake and you can call it a wipe.
    Festergut does gastric bloat on his main target roughly every 10 seconds in the fight, and at 10 stacks of this debuff you instantly die, this debuff however also gives you a damage increase of 10% per stack. Would you just go for a pure DPS race you would require: 90K+ DPS which is obviously not doable this expansion.

In order to reduce the amount of stacks i gained in the fight i used the following strategy.
    Pull him with army of the death and let them take the first stack which he does upon entering combat. For the next stack you will get vile gas on you and the next stack will also be done on either you're bloodworms or army (Vile gas: makes you wander around for 5 seconds and has a side-effect which makes the boss aggro anything else that's present, like bloodworms/ghouls). For the third stack i used a target dummy (craftable by engineers, not the tinker) just before the stack was going to be applied. I let the fourth stack come through and i have 1 stack now. For the fifth stack i summoned my ghoul because the boss will again cast vile gas, and so the ghoul takes the next stack.
    I let the next 8 stacks all go through , this now brings me on 9 stacks and a 90% damage increase. All next stacks that would get applied will instantly kill me.
    For the next incoming stack i use a card board assassin (engineering tinker,5 min cooldown), and for the last one i use another target dummy( they have a 2 minute cooldown). After that one i HAVE to kill the boss since i have no means left to not get hit by a gastric bloat.

In the kill i ended with an average DPS of 51K, this required full DPS gear (ilvl 393) with everything reforged out of mastery to haste and the hit/expertise cap.
    I also used STR flask/ STR food/stam runescroll II/drums of kings and 2 STR pots.

I hope you enjoy it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool. Congrats. ^_^

Why not let your stack get to 8 or 9 first and then start using your methods for avoiding the stack being placed on you?

Quote Originally Posted by backupoffmeson View Post
    Why not let your stack get to 8 or 9 first and then start using your methods for avoiding the stack being placed on you?
    Well firstly i wouldn't be able to use 2 target dummy's.
    Secondly he doesn't cast vile gas very often so chaining everything in the end is praying on luck, also after a few minutes the vile gas doesn't overlap with the cast of gastric bloat so by the time i get out of the vile gas he just attacks me again and i'll get another stack.
    And casting army mid-fight is a huge DPS loss.

Congrats, always some way around mechanics if you think abit ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Congrats, always some way around mechanics if you think abit ^^
    Thinking outside the box while staying out of the ban-area:P
    Also got a Blood Prince council 10 heroic fraps kill, but i'll finish that in a few days i think

Deleted
    Congrats

Congrats Demon
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An impressive feat OP, I give you my congrats.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments, you'll be definitely hearing more from me in the near future!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well done I always like seeing solo content, makes people really think outside of their comfort zone and produce something like what you have shown

10+ Year Old Account
    Very impressive. Out of curiosity how long do you think it took you to get all the timing and such down.

The amount of stuff you had to do is just insane.

Deleted
    Nice vid, and grats for your kill, but why always "world first" as if there are thousands of DK trying to kill it?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    Nice vid, and grats for your kill, but why always "world first" as if there are thousands of DK trying to kill it?
    Well that's the thing here, It probably is world first granted I never got the chance to research it myself if it is. However the whole entire thing is impressive solely because of that 10 stack debuff exploding / 1 shotting you within an X amount of time. Wouldn't be surprised if hes the only one that pretty much killed it in that amount of time but I haven't exactly searched 20420404 youtube vids so I can't say if it is world first.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Very impressive. Out of curiosity how long do you think it took you to get all the timing and such down.

The amount of stuff you had to do is just insane.
    Well before i went into the fight i already had the idea of using the target dummy's, 1 in the beginning and 2 in the end so i'll have the 9 stacks as long as possible.
    The army pull was very easy when i saw festergut applies the first stack when he first hits something. The vile gas tricks were alot harder to pull off, it took quite some tries before i knew when i could expect them. After i knew the exact rotation i just needed to execute it perfectly while also maximizing my DPS alot, many wipes below 5%

Deleted
    Very nicely done!

Congrats, nicely done

Watched some of your vids, you obviously think way outside the box, and for that you deserve a lot more attention. Naj'entus solo as a non-night elf DK? Well done.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    This is something that annoys me, i really really hate people declaring world firsts when they actualy have no idea whatso ever, its one of my pet peeves, it almost seems like its just someone trying to be a special snowflake**

But OT Good job indeed,alot of dedication to things like this=)

**This is my opinion and i know it doesnt reflect what everyone is actualy like

Well done, truly impressive.

Probably easier to do on a paladin as the stacks can be cleared with bubble, a lot more DPS increase from taking the stacks throughout the fight too. But an incredible feat on your part doing it without being able to turn the mechanic in to a gimmick like pally could.