Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont get it! you cant take down other pictures others put up of you and its a real sick place cos then you got to remove them as freinds , Zuckerburg or whoever that chop was that made it needs a pineapple up his @#$ and a tight kick, just stay clear and live happily

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I said it was involved, I didn't say it caused it.
    Fair enough, I'll tone my bark back, but it seemed like you were implying something else.

created a fake facebook account just to have an another chance to get into D3 beta.
    if you want you can use that account for just that or add your friends that use facebook with it and use it as well normal facebook account

10+ Year Old Account
    I said it was involved, I didn't say it caused it.
    You know, I've been using facebook pretty regularly since '06. I never have issues with drama or bullshit. The few times ridiculous stuff has come up, I've just blocked those involved. Facebook lets me keep in contact with friends I otherwise would, lets me engage in entertaining discussions with my friends in a relaxed way, and provides content pertinent to my interests through my friends sharing links, rather than trolling through the internet.

Facebook can easily be a wholly positive experience, if yours is fulled with drama and bullshit, it's because you're friends with dramatic bullshitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    You know, I've been using facebook pretty regularly since '06. I never have issues with drama or bullshit. The few times ridiculous stuff has come up, I've just blocked those involved. Facebook lets me keep in contact with friends I otherwise would, lets me engage in entertaining discussions with my friends in a relaxed way, and provides content pertinent to my interests through my friends sharing links, rather than trolling through the internet.

Facebook can easily be a wholly positive experience, if yours is fulled with drama and bullshit, it's because your friends with dramatic bullshitters.
    +1 on this...

Previously I'd just unfriend those who'd show up on my news feed with high school whining and bullcrap. I found that the "unsubscribe" feature works nicely to remove the "clutter" as well if I want to stay in touch but don't really enjoy reading the drivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Fair enough, I'll tone my bark back, but it seemed like you were implying something else.
    It was a short comment from the lawyers, but I took it to mean that it kinda helped to magnify problems and drama, making them more public. Along the lines of "WTF are talking to your ex about on FB" and stuff along those lines. I know the kind of people that get involved with that kind of stuff would do it anyway, bnut it's like throwing gasoline on the fire.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 09:01 AM ----------

Facebook can easily be a wholly positive experience, if yours is fulled with drama and bullshit, it's because you're friends with dramatic bullshitters.
    Ya, I understand that, if you're a chill person that doesn't thrive in a world of drama then it's not an issue, but some people live for that kind of stuff and FB just helps it along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Honestly, I think ya'll are being silly with your "Facebook is evul n stuffs" campaign here.

Use it for what it is instead of trying to find faults with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep you are definitely missing out on the fact that; sammy just had an awesome workout.

oh crap, now you just missed out that jessie just had a delicious pickle sandwich, oh and frank just washed his car!

yep, you're REALLY missing out...

Just make a fake account as others have said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Download "Do Not Track Plus" for your browser and these places will be blocked from tracking you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    Yep you are definitely missing out on the fact that; sammy just had an awesome workout.

oh crap, now you just missed out that jessie just had a delicious pickle sandwich, oh and frank just washed his car!

yep, you're REALLY missing out...
    You must have some supremely dull friends.

My past 24 hours on facebook include:

Three hilarious threads between me and my friends discussing how terrible Chronicle was.

Sharing a new photo album I took with a group of friends I'm creating a start up company with.

Getting in contact with an (hot) female friend and agreeing to start a new video project with her.

If your news feed is filled with herp derp, your life probably is too.

I have been running into the same problems (i.e., free stuff, contests, etc.), but I decided I didn't NEED any of it, and I would rather stay facebook free. On the privacy issue, I would say don't worry about it because there isn't much you can do. Most people can be found with just a google search and a little bit no knowledge; all your information is already out there somewhere - just need a little persistence to find it sometimes. When the whole real ID debacle started I scared two of my friends - with just their name I read them their phone number, address, pictures of their house, pictures of them, current jobs, family's names, addresses, jobs, and random other crap (yes I know it's not hard, but they thought no one could find anything about them with just their names). So all in all if the privacy thing is bothering you, don't be paranoid about it it's already out there. On the other hand if the privacy thing bothers you and causes moral outrage (not sure what else to label it as) then stick to your guns.

I don't like facebook for a whole host of reasons that I could probably go on for a while about, but that's me. Some people enjoy it, some don't want anything to do with it - I fall into the latter category.

Three hilarious threads between me and my friends discussing how terrible Chronicle was.

Sharing a new photo album I took with a group of friends I'm creating a start up company with.

Getting in contact with an (hot) female friend and agreeing to start a new video project with her.

Haha I enjoyed chronicle.. my expectations were low so that worked in my favor. But yea, my news feed is full of funny updates, stuff from sites that I like to visit where people can comment on different topics(livescience.com, bands I follow), memes, funny pictures, and girls in bikinis during the summer. Nothin wrong with any ofthat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Haha I enjoyed chronicle.. my expectations were low so that worked in my favor. But yea, my news feed is full of funny updates, stuff from sites that I like to visit where people can comment on different topics(livescience.com, bands I follow), memes, funny pictures, and girls in bikinis during the summer. Nothin wrong with any ofthat.
    I learned a few years back to ALWAYS be cynical going to the movies, unless it's something you're familiar with and know it's gonna be good. That way you are never disappointed and often pleasantly surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

My Facebook is on private and I don't have any pictures of me drinking as I really don't often anyway. However, I do have down that I'm gay, atheist, and for the most part liberal, because honestly why would I want to work with someone who hated me of the sheer basis of any of that? Anyway, I did read that people who have Facebook tend to have better social lives. And you do keep track of friends other people would of just lost track of... however I see that beign depressing if it's still around when I'm old and I get updates on people dying and giant graveyards of no longer changing information.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

This this this this this.

People used to say the same thing about the telephone.

Deleted
    Facebook allows me to keep in contact with my friends easily. And the group functions makes it very easy for me to arrange parties and get-togethers with my closest friends all at one time, instead of having to contact them all separately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I created a FB to play CivWorld and Rummy Kub. I put bogus info. My name and location is the only thing 'real'. It was actually pretty fun to make a fake FB page. I put that I was a professional taco quality control expert for taco bell, and a few days later my Aunt posted a comment thinking I was working for taco bell. I trolled my whole family. It was pretty awesome.

=o]

I learned a few years back to ALWAYS be cynical going to the movies, unless it's something you're familiar with and know it's gonna be good. That way you are never disappointed and often pleasantly surprised.
    Haha yea. Almost every time I have high expectations I'm disappointed. Its just a good life lesson in general lol

This. Also helps me keep in touch with my family in Europe, I've never had any problems whatsoever.
    ETA: Also helps me keep track of local concerts and friend's events and such, and besides sms/calls my primary means of contacting my friends.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-02-13 at 05:46 PM.