Thread: QoL changes

QoL changes

I posted my top 10 suggestions on the official forum, but it was deleted because some people started trolling (I guess this should be changed too...delete flaming posts, not the entire thread). Since Bioware is listening to player feedback and have made several QoL changes in recent patches, there's always hope they'll do more. Add your suggestions.

1. Add a quick travel option for your ship. Could be similar to the fleet pass. I despise having to go though 3-4 load screens just to get to my ship.

2. Add a target of target frame. If you ever PVP or raid as a healer/tank in this game, you'd know how frustrating it is not to see what your enemy is targetting. And no, assist is not the same as ToT.

3. Allow ctrl/shift/alt to be used as modifiers for abilities casted on the focus target.

4. Add key bindings for summoning/dismissing companions. Also, let us move companion abilities to the companion bar. I'd prefer not to see attack/passive on its bar. And no, I can't afford to expand the pet bar on a main bar, since at level 50, some classes have combat abilities that cover all 4 bars. Sadly, you can't bind abilities in this game without putting them on an action bar, otherwise that would solve this issue.

5. Targetting nearest target needs improvement. The cycle range is too long. It often targets enemies that are out of your spell's range when you tab target. This is extremely frustrating as a tank when you're tanking giant enemies against a wall and can't pan your camera to see what you're targetting.

6. Show Usable filter on vendors/AH needs to be improved. In most cases, it shows the same list as Show All. I'd like not to have to go through a list of 30 non-heavy armor and weapons I can't equip, just to see the items I can use.

7. Allow searching on the AH just by name.

8. Every time I level, my relics are removed from my action bars. Not an issue at 50, but very annoying if you level while in combat.

9. Allow hiding legacy name selection window. It's silly how it pops up every time you get a load screen. I'd like to be able to make a selection at a later time when I had more time to think about the other characters I'd be playing on that server.

10. Add an option to not let my map go transparent when moving. Very minor, but often times it's very hard to see quest objectives and impossible to switch zones on the map when moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    #2 is coming in 1.2
    #3 Is already available I believe. (not sure)
    #10 already exists. (see below)
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-02-13 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    8) Hate to disappoint you, but relics are still faulty at 50. They don't disappear completely like they do when you ding, but they do randomly not come off of cooldown on the action bar (even though the one on your paper doll is fine). The result is the same. To fix it you drag the relic across again. I think this happens while they're still cooling down and you then change from one map zone to another. Partial fix is to get a Matrix Cube, then you're dragging half as much as you were before!

11.) As suggested by someone before, Make it so when your companions return from a crafting skill mission while you are in combat that the item accept screen is put directly to 1 Pending rather than popping up and taking up half your screen in mid-combat!

Target of target already exist

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    1. Add a quick travel option for your ship. Could be similar to the fleet pass. I despise having to go though 3-4 load screens just to get to my ship.
    No. Just no. We already have quick travel and Fleet Pass. If you add a teleport to your ship, nobody will ever travel anywhere. Might as well just get rid of the quick travel cooldown if you go this route.

2. Add a target of target frame. If you ever PVP or raid as a healer/tank in this game, you'd know how frustrating it is not to see what your enemy is targetting. And no, assist is not the same as ToT.
    This, I would love to see. And it's coming.

3. Allow ctrl/shift/alt to be used as modifiers for abilities casted on the focus target.
    It's in the keybind menu. You can change the modifier for skills there.

4. Add key bindings for summoning/dismissing companions.
    I mean no personal offense by this, but are you *that* lazy? :P It takes a grand total of 3 keypresses to switch companions. And since it's not possible to summon companions during combat, I see no use for this. BW should not spend time on useless additions.

Also, let us move companion abilities to the companion bar. I'd prefer not to see attack/passive on its bar. And no, I can't afford to expand the pet bar on a main bar, since at level 50, some classes have combat abilities that cover all 4 bars. Sadly, you can't bind abilities in this game without putting them on an action bar, otherwise that would solve this issue.
    A seperate pet bar, yes. Change companion keybinds, yes. Move abilities to an already cramped main ability bar, no.

5. Targetting nearest target needs improvement. The cycle range is too long. It often targets enemies that are out of your spell's range when you tab target. This is extremely frustrating as a tank when you're tanking giant enemies against a wall and can't pan your camera to see what you're targetting.
    Agreed. It's annoying all-round. In PvP I tab to enemy players that are far away when there are 3 people beating on my in melee, it sucks ass.

6. Show Usable filter on vendors/AH needs to be improved. In most cases, it shows the same list as Show All. I'd like not to have to go through a list of 30 non-heavy armor and weapons I can't equip, just to see the items I can use.
    Low priority, but yes please.

7. Allow searching on the AH just by name.
    Oh god yes!

8. Every time I level, my relics are removed from my action bars. Not an issue at 50, but very annoying if you level while in combat.
    Never happened to me. I always keep my action bars locked and my relic on my side actionbar.

9. Allow hiding legacy name selection window. It's silly how it pops up every time you get a load screen. I'd like to be able to make a selection at a later time when I had more time to think about the other characters I'd be playing on that server.
    I don't quite get your point on this one.

10. Add an option to not let my map go transparent when moving. Very minor, but often times it's very hard to see quest objectives and impossible to switch zones on the map when moving.
    Been in the game since release afaik.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vachiersti View Post
    Target of target already exist
    Yes ToT exists. Although, not in the sense that people want it to. People are asking for a visible frame, not having to alt+t all the time.

Deleted

I don't quite get your point on this one.
    for people who dont choose their Legacy name they keep getting the pop up regularly, its really annoying and i have the same, i want to be sure of a main and think about my legacy more before choosing, and because of that i haveta put up with an awfull pop up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    11.) As suggested by someone before, Make it so when your companions return from a crafting skill mission while you are in combat that the item accept screen is put directly to 1 Pending rather than popping up and taking up half your screen in mid-combat!
    In my top 5 issues.

more visible circle at the feet of your target, fighting in shallow water or grass? you don't get to see which of these mobs you targeted at all, and it's really hard to see when there's spell effects going on

You can search the AH by name. Once you select the category, subcategory, etc, hit search. After it does a search for everything in your selected category you're able to type in the 'name filter' area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Yes ToT exists. Although, not in the sense that people want it to. People are asking for a visible frame, not having to alt+t all the time.
    Exactly. As a tank, it'd be silly to press alt+t to see who your target is targetting, since you lose your current target. It's very hard to see if the boss is attacking you if you're tanking multiple mobs against a wall.

BTW, for #3, I know you can specify a modifier for focus frame. The issue is that it doesn't let me assign alt/ctrl/shift for it. Any other key works. This is clunky, because I have several of my abilities bound to those modifiers already. For example, my Trauma Probe is bound to shift+~ and my focus modifier is x. So, to cast it on my focus, I have to press x first, hold it and then press shift+~. If I press all 3 of them at the same time, it'll be cast on me instead of my focus.

If you're able to assign alt/shift/ctrl to focus frame, then the issue is on my end and would like to get it resolved.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You can search the AH by name. Once you select the category, subcategory, etc, hit search. After it does a search for everything in your selected category you're able to type in the 'name filter' area.
    Right, but when I was just starting out the game, I didn't know which category some of the materials were under that I received from underworld trading, so it was hard to look up the current market value before selling them. Would like to see something similar to other MMOs, where you can just type the name without filling out categories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I can see where he is coming from though, sometimes it's nice to just run into the AH and type in exactly what you are looking for without going through the different categories. This is actually one of my biggest problems with the AH at the moment as well. I'd love to see the ability to just look for something in the remake.

All in all these are some nice little issues that I wouldn't mind seeing a solution for soon! Some of them we even are! (like the Target of Target in 1.2)
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

It'd be nice if we could search by stat while searching for mods/armour, which could be baked into the existing "usable by X" feature. Going through pages of +str medium armour when I'm looking for +cunning armour is pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    4. Add key bindings for summoning/dismissing companions.
    I mean no personal offense by this, but are you *that* lazy? :P It takes a grand total of 3 keypresses to switch companions. And since it's not possible to summon companions during combat, I see no use for this. BW should not spend time on useless additions.
    It's not about being lazy. It just gets annoying after having to click the little button every time you get off your mount or get a loading screen. I guess if they fixed that issue, this wouldn't be necessary.

aaaah, stop confusing people with "Target of target is in game, but not what you think", because, if you're going to use WoW as a comparison as to what it should be, then SWTOR's "target of target" is nothing more than WoW /assist command. That's all it is. It's /assist. Just say that, and you don't need to explain or confuse people.
    Target of target (frames) are coming in the next large content patch, as per the dev's blogpost: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012 .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    8) Hate to disappoint you, but relics are still faulty at 50. They don't disappear completely like they do when you ding, but they do randomly not come off of cooldown on the action bar (even though the one on your paper doll is fine). The result is the same. To fix it you drag the relic across again. I think this happens while they're still cooling down and you then change from one map zone to another. Partial fix is to get a Matrix Cube, then you're dragging half as much as you were before!
    Relics are also removed from your action bars every time you respec.

I would also add to the list: If you are in combat, at the AH or have two windows open on your screen when a companion returns from a mission, the quest return window goes straight to pending instead displaying on your screen. It really annoying when that window pops up while you are busy doing something else and it replaces the windows you have up, or blocks your view in combat.
    Last edited by Ghosty; 2012-02-13 at 05:40 PM.

Make companions invisible to right click

the rest of your list looks a like a copy from a reddit post I read
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Shift click on a name lets you see what class and where that person is.

Maybe silly but I miss this alot