Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    [/COLOR]Why would I convince someone to play a game I like? People on these forums are mindless. Download the demo. Christ you can STREAM the demo for the second one on origin. Don't need people on forums to tell you what to do. Or do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksie View Post
    I played the game for 30 minutes, and got so frustrated trying to keep my squad alive I just gave up. IS this normal? The game doesn't really emphasize the importance of your squad, I didn't even know anyone died for a few minutes.

I read that you can play fine without your squad, which I'd much rather prefer. Should I give this a second chance, knowing that my squad is disposable?
    TBH just choose the easiest difficulty setting, that's what I did. You shouldn't have any problems then. The combat is the worst (most boring) part of the game and is basically just filler. This game is all about the story and the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok name 1 game where the conversation options less limited and better. Limited would be choosing any option and the conversation would end in the same outcome.
    Pretty much every DND based RPG has better conversational options. I find Alpha Protocol to be better in that regard, as well as The Witcher 1 and 2. Deus Ex, both the first one and Human Revolution does this better. Just a few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    I LOVED ME2 but....I can't bear to do a second playthrough....

ME1 had a good main story (better in many ways) but it was very short.
    i have about 7 playthroughs:O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I rest my case here. It looks like Bioware truly defined evil to the masses in the worst way possible.
    Just as a question what game(s) do you think have a great story? It is very hard to create a captivating story with multiple dialogue options in a game. There are certain limitations in computer games as compared to say books. As far as stories go, Mass Effect is definitely one of the better games out there.

I guess Mass Effect 1 is kinda bad compared to Mass Effect 2, but I'm still making myself play through the first before the second. When I first tried as adept in the very first mission I hated the game, but tried to do it again as a soldier, and then it went better.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Pretty much every DND based RPG has better conversational options. I find Alpha Protocol to be better in that regard, as well as The Witcher 1 and 2. Deus Ex, both the first one and Human Revolution does this better. Just a few examples.
    Alpha protocol did not have better conversational options. The dialogue in that game put me to sleep. Human revolution was also pretty limited. It was mostly limited to talking people down from commiting suicide. Interesting but after awhile kinda meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU WILL LIKE THEM OR YOU DIE!

was that enough?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect has excellent gameplay, but the real gem is the storyline. I have played through Mass Effect 1 5 times, and I just finished my 6th playthrough of Mass Effect 2, and not once have I been bored or experienced the same outcome. Also, you can just ignore your AI companions, and do all the action yourself.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/01/22...ectid=14235013
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I guess Mass Effect 1 is kinda bad compared to Mass Effect 2, but I'm still making myself play through the first before the second. When I first tried as adept in the very first mission I hated the game, but tried to do it again as a soldier, and then it went better.
    Yah being an adept in ME1 is rough. Since you have to rely on your shitty teammates for the beginning of the game until you get actual useful biotic skills since your pistol is a joke. Especially starting a fresh play through on insane, there were quite I few times I wanted to throw my controller against the wall on some bosses. Liara's mother probably took me 50 attempts. I had already played through a couple times at that point too, so it would be even more difficult for someone who that's their first character. I had the most fun with Vanguard and had the most ease with infiltrator since GOOD AT SNIPER RIFLE > ALL.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-02-15 at 04:15 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

finally Dl ME1 on steam and soon rdy too play. is it posible too play on normal difficulty and only play solo. leave my crew out of the mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    finally Dl ME1 on steam and soon rdy too play. is it posible too play on normal difficulty and only play solo. leave my crew out of the mission?
    No, they must come with you. They don't get in the way much though, and you don't need to manage them really. Lemme put it this way. On my last playthrough, at around level 55 I noticed that one of my main squadmates still had a level 1 piece of gear equipped. Didn't notice it before that because it made virtually no difference, and I still didn't care once I noticed.

I suppose you could order your squadmates to hold a position every time you load into an area, but that sounds a little annoying to me. It's easier just to go Rambo imho and rush ahead killing everything that moves. Your squadmates are usually too retarded to follow you, and at most will pick off enemies that you run past.