Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Engineers do not get a weapon swap, that calculator is a little bit weird.
    The only problem is that it's incomplete and doesn't seem to come with a manual.

If you look at Necromancer and Warrior, you will see they put "alternate weapons" into the calculator just so you can see what skills they have. The Elementalists can even look at their conjured weapons now.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Are you talking about the forms?

I don't mean the option, I just mean the fact that engineer has a weapon swap when it shouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You don't get a second weapon choice as an Engineer. You can only use the Bomb Kit if you pick it as a utility skill. The only kit you have that you can equip is the Grenade Kit, since you slotted that into #8.
    I worded it wrong, but if you look at the link you will know what i meant. Not sure why the link is messed up, i just noticed it. I will update it.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2012-03-04 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about the forms?

I don't mean the option, I just mean the fact that engineer has a weapon swap when it shouldn't.
    That is a little weird, yeah.

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    So i worded it wrong, but if you look at the link you will know what i meant. Not sure why the link is messed up, i just noticed it. I will update it.
    If a trait says it affects bombs and mines, it is not affecting grenades (i.e. Forceful Explosives does not benefit you). You do not have the Bomb Kit. When I click on your link now though, i see that two of the traits aren't slotted for some reason. O_o
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-04 at 12:48 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The mine and bomb kits seem really funky. I don't know how they'd work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mine and bomb kits seem really funky. I don't know how they'd work out.
    I know the Bomb Kit won't. It just makes no sense, and Grenades seem far superior. The Mine Kit I can get, kinda like how Rangers and Thieves can do Traps, but... meh. I don't think many people will like them. Maybe they'd mine up a fort in WvW?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a little weird, yeah.

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 06:46 PM ----------

If a trait says it affects bombs and mines, it is not affecting grenades (i.e. Forceful Explosives does not benefit you). You do not have the Bomb Kit. When I click on your link now though, i see that two of the traits aren't slotted for some reason. O_o
    I just went back to it and it was indeed missing two traits that i added in last night. I fixed that and remedied the bomb satchel not showing. Below is the updated link, or at least it should be. It all looks fine to me now.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...9va1abacacb5b5
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I know the Bomb Kit won't. It just makes no sense, and Grenades seem far superior. The Mine Kit I can get, kinda like how Rangers and Thieves can do Traps, but... meh. I don't think many people will like them. Maybe they'd mine up a fort in WvW?
    If you're familiar with SC, I'm picturing baneling bombs with the mine kit in WvW.

30 guys run over.... BOOM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see the Bomb Kit working as... a melee version of the Grenade satchel, with the Engineer focused 100% on explosives, I guess... but every video I've seen of the Bomb Kit just looks funny to me. I always think "If I just lit a bomb on fire, why am I dropping it right between my feet and standing there?"

I could see the Bomb Kit working as... a melee version of the Grenade satchel, with the Engineer focused 100% on explosives, I guess... but every video I've seen of the Bomb Kit just looks funny to me. I always think "If I just lit a bomb on fire, why am I dropping it right between my feet and standing there?"
    I'd have to see it in action by someone who isn't the yogscast to know how well it actually does. On paper it doesn't look like it would work, but we still have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine that once more skilled people get their hands on the game, that we will see better ways of playing the class. Im not too sure the press playing the beta were playing the class as intended. But to be fair they didnt have a ton of time with the game and had to get as much varied info as possible.

Bombs look very silly. But if they give a bigger punch then grenades and/or larger area of effect they can be usefull. Sure grenades are cool, you can throw them. But in pvp even the mages have a gapcloser, if someone wants to melee you he will get in your face pretty damn easy. And Bombs just seem to me like a melee-version explosive and perhaps a little more powerfull because of it. It can definetly be usefull, but it still looks pretty weird. We'll need to get some numbers on stuff first.

Mines are to control an area, and i can imagine they are very potent if they pack enough punch. Toss 5 of those around a flagg, plomp down your rocket turret and do a /dance. Also, i couldnt find anything on this, but its possible mines stick around even if you switch to another kit. You just lose the ability to detonate them, but mines are still their waiting for someone to step on them.
    And against a large group of enemies it might also be pretty good, if it deals a nice chunk of aoe damage. You got 5 mines you can seemingly spam in series. You can just keep throwing explosives into the enemy zerg, maybe rake up quite some aoe damage.

Truth be told, we wont know how these abilities will work out. We havent tried it, we dont know the numbers and there is so far relatively very little beta footage of the Engineer to begin with.

I found something funky.

The med kit's actual self healing is a tool belt skill.

The second minor trait in the Tools line reads "When health reaches 25% all tool belt skills are recharged".

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I found something funky.

The med kit's actual self healing is a tool belt skill.

The second minor trait in the Tools line reads "When health reaches 25% all tool belt skills are recharged".
    you might be on to something, ofcourse this would mean that you do not need to get your self-heal reset with the Automated Medical Response (15pts Inventions).

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    you might be on to something, ofcourse this would mean that you do not need to get your self-heal reset with the Automated Medical Response (15pts Inventions).
    The key difference is that Inertial Converter apparently doesn't have an internal cooldown.

It's not something I'd expect to see retail version or last more than the firts patch otherwise, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually pretty neat. O_o

Kinda hoping they keep it, seeing how that's the only melee weapon set for the Engineer (though I don't really count the bomb)

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I play around with Engineer stuff in tool calcs, the more I want to play it. I'm probably not going to be able to resist putting a kit in every skill slot.

Even the Mortar looks fun, which counts as a sort of kit that the whole group can use. :S

http://www.gw2tools.com/#t-e-pNaaSZe...aaeaabbaaYhVgY

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the Mortar looks fun
    The Mortar is going to be a lot of fun when defending keeps in WvW.

I noticed something. Smoke bomb(smoke field)+big ol' bomb(blast finisher)=30 second cooldown AoE stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The Mortar is going to be a lot of fun when defending keeps in WvW.
    No doubt, no doubt.

I was originally planning to make Thief first, then Elementalist, and then probably Warrior...

But I'm starting to bump up Engineer to second character.