Question about armor/health/magic resi runes

I prob understand thats armor > health > armor in phys dmg
    and magic res > health > armor in magic dmg

But says for "seal's", is it best to go for health for more "resistance" agaisnt both type of dmg, or is armoar / magic resi better cuase of some reason?

Armor Seal: 1.41armor
    Health Seal: 5.35hp
    Magic Res Seal: 0.74

I just dont know how the math in LoL works^^
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd think the real question is; What do you need from your runes? By that, I mean- what are you missing statwise which you also don't want to be forced to build?

For example (in a sideways manner); I recently went through a bit of debate with replacing my cdr/lvl blues to flat AP for Morgana. It might not seem like that big of a deal but I really felt the change in my early game damage (with flat AP) versus my late game CDR needs (9-10% at 18). Removing that cdr/lvl in favor of early game dominance essentially forced me into always building at least 2 slots with CDR on them compared to previously only needing one CDR piece full built.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Well not really, the question is more like

if we say 1armor negates 1 damage (physical)
    then it would be 1armor = 1health
    and if 1 magic res "blocked" 1damage (ability)
    then it would be 1spell res = 1health

this would make 1 health twice as strong as armor / spell res

So the question I guess is if say 5.35hp is equal to half 1.41 armor (or less/more) and equal to half of 0.74 magic ress to be equal in line
    if I want both I go for heath, if I want phys defens i go for armor etc

But if I got it right some "colors" are more into some stats, like red is more to AP/AD etc..
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this page has the info you're looking for.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1738200

Paraphrased from that-
    "Effective Health" is a combination of two different stats. Health and a given Resistance stat. Armor and Magic Resist are calculated in such a way as to provide a "1 for 1" exchange on "Effective Health". Every 1 Armor your character has, will effectively increase their current health by 1% against physical damage. Or, to put it another way, your character will live 1% longer than it would have otherwise against that type of damage. This can be shown with this formula:

E = H * (1 + X) Where H is Current Health, X is the Resistance Stat, and E is Effective Health
    R = 1 - (1 / [1.0 + X(100)]) Where X is your Armor Value and R is the % Damage Reduction

I'll leave it up to the infallible wisdom of the forums to finish the math
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.