Poll: Do you approve of the 10/25 Shared lockout/diffculty Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Less content for my main, dont see the point at all, if ppl feel its required to run it and feel bad about it, well thats not my problem

Deleted
    It's complete shit.

Blizzard has caused the situation where they can only produce minimal amounts of bosses for a tier, because they have to balance it on 5 difficulties (LFR / 10n / 10hc / 25n / 25hc). Whenever confronted / asked about lack of content, that's what they point to.
    Yet at the same time they change lockouts so that you cannot participate in both 10mans and 25mans, aswell as having normal and heroic share lockout. Meaning from the 5 difficulty settings that are causing this ridiculous lack of content, ANY given player can ONLY experience TWO per week (one of them being the ridicolous and worthless LFR).

And because of the severe undertunement of normals, to allow people to walk straight into the latest raid with 5mans-gear without having to grind previous tier's raids for appropriate gear, combined with the massive nerfs that were implemented on FL heroics (during 4.2), ANYONE who was having any sort of halfdecent organised raiding during 4.2, massively outgeared DS normals and was able to clear 8/8 normal the very first week.

So while Blizzard is so busy tuning every encounter to 5 different difficulties that they cannot produce more than 8 bosses in a tier that was released FIVE FULL MONTHS after the previous one, anyone who raided during 4.2, really only has 8 "exciting" bosses to kill (exciting between brackets because they're all extremely lame bosses with simple mechanics; no innovative/creative bosses like Beth or Alysrazor or Rhyolith) - being the heroic versions of the 10/25 lockout their guild raids in.

Raiding in WoW has turned into completely worthless garbage and the person responsible should be fired and replaced with someone who is not so stupid to devote all their resources to content from which anyone who was raiding during the previous tier can only enjoy 20%.
    Last edited by mmoc1663e6f809; 2012-02-16 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    I am fine with the shared lock out. As a hardcore raider I would hate 10/25 man to have separate lockout if they kept the model of 10 mans dropping the same quality gear, since then I would be required to run 10 mans in addition to 25mans. The only thing I wish they would separate is the achievements.
    This, I prefer the new system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatta View Post
    This, I prefer the new system.
    If you raid 10, and you prefer 10, and you don't have the time to raid or pug the other size as well, the system is tailored around you.
    Is it good for the majority though?
    Check at the poll's result.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    If you raid 10, and you prefer 10, and you don't have the time to raid or pug the other size as well, the system is tailored around you.
    Is it good for the majority though?
    Check at the poll's result.
    I raid 25 mans and I love the fact that my main does not have to set a foot inside any 10 man raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I raid 25 mans and I love the fact that my main does not have to set a foot inside any 10 man raid.
    I am looking at your toon.
    And i see a member of the top 25 ppl guilds club.
    Look on the spots under your guild in progression.
    25 started feeling a bit abandoned doesn't it?

Soon other people present problems will become your problems when discontinueing 25s will be on the table on the basis that only a couple of hundreds top guilds continue playing it.
    Lost subs bought some time for 25s, company can't afford more dissapointed customers.

If this system though continue to exist unchanged, large raids will become part of the past for this game.
    So think about the fire raging outside your house rather than look how neat and tidy your house interior looks like right now.

Deleted
    When your life become busier you'll love how you don't have to log in 4 hours a day, sometimes twice to be competitive, i.e. 10 hours sometimes a day. If you are trying to reach the harder goals.

Some will say 'if you are hard core you can find 10 hours' but really, let's get a reality check here, some of your betters, i.e. those that get first world kills, do not play more than the raids and I don't think they'd be much "better" by running 10mans.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did never approve of it. I liked having the possibility to do both, and I liked having different achievements and all that. But there's nothing I can do about it either way.

I'd like it if 10 and 25man didnt share lock outs but dropped the same loot (mind you less on 10man, how it is now).
    The idea of having to do 10mans in a 25man guild because something in the 10man is BiS is annoying.
    Having the same loot table would make it easier to grind out those elusive items (mainly trinkets, damn you CoTC)
    Would be fun to raid with old friends too instead of strictly guild
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    I am looking at your toon.
    And i see a member of the top 25 ppl guilds club.
    Look on the spots under your guild in progression.
    25 started feeling a bit abandoned doesn't it?

Soon other people present problems will become your problems when discontinueing 25s will be on the table on the basis that only a couple of hundreds top guilds continue playing it.
    Lost subs bought some time for 25s, company can't afford more dissapointed customers.

If this system though continue to exist unchanged, large raids will become part of the past for this game.
    So think about the fire raging outside your house rather than look how neat and tidy your house interior looks like right now.
    Actually, I led a 25 man guild for 2 years that was into hardmodes but not at the top and I did see people flowing away from 25 mans but that also showed there is a group of people that will not want to play 10 mans. In fact, the core of my former guild was discussing forming a 10 man and we all figured that we would not enjoy it so we all moved to other 25 man guilds ... and interesting part is that our old guild is still up and running. So trust me, there is interest in 25 mans - it's simply smaller since it isn't the only choise right now.

Anyway, as I said in my previous posts, I don't find current system perfect but I do prefer it over the previous one. What this system needs is a clear line between 10 and 25 man raiding as in separate achievements. People should raid whatever raid size they prefer but there should be a recognition between those raid sizes. I don't like raiding 10 mans therefor I looked for people 100% dedicated towards 25 man raiding.

I enjoy the shared loot and lockout I just wish they removed it from Wotlk raids.