Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's kinda hard to fix a system that has "abuse" written all over it. raids work fine if there's mutual respect towards your fellow raiders. as long as human mentality is as it is, I see no band-aid fix on LFR from Blizzard. yea.. that's sad. so... we/blizzard should focus more on changing the general attitude. with sweets and tweaks of course. Blizzard has every tool for it (look for rhc + tank/heal bonus and work it up from there...).

So you say higher ilvl cannot roll on lower ilvl? if I purchased that essential PvP item (ilvl 390?) to be eligible for LFR I can't roll on 384 in that slot because I already "have better"? Just 1 example... I'm sure there are tons of others.

Generally I agree with what OP stated. It's just not that easy, else Blizzard would've already made it so.

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.
    I am your biscuit prostitute. I hope our transaction is savory."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya i agree

Make a premade, go with friends and guildies. LFR is just a stepping stone, I don't know why people are so upset about this. Theres still normal and Heroic most pugs (or guild runs ) Require 384+ ilvl as a staple. Which if you were progressed in firelands you would have. If you weren't theres the option of a premade or have friends come along. Forgot about BH for legs/Gloves.
    Last edited by Sarahpie87; 2012-02-16 at 10:10 PM.

...or maybe people can just quit being babies and accept that you won't always win the loot you want/need/deserve. Adding layer upon layer of restrictions to LFR loot to protect people from jerks isn't going to fix the problems. Jerks are gonna be jerks, and that's all there is to it.

I'm trying to say that, I'm sure Blizz saw this and would find a way for you to have an acceptable (by the Majority - of - your server community) Ilvl to do normals/heroic mode DS which is what the big picture here is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a simple fix would be to only allow a player to win a Need + role bonus roll on each item once (with the exception of tier tokens, this could be a max of 5 need wins).
    Simply make it so that if for example, a DK has already won the 384 2h str dps sword off of Madness once, next time they roll need on it, a role bonus does not apply to it. This will at least solve the problem of people rolling need+role bonus on gear that they already won.

Edit: Also, disable the 2 hour item trade in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    I think a simple fix would be to only allow a player to win a Need + role bonus roll on each item once (with the exception of tier tokens, this could be a max of 5 need wins).
    Simply make it so that if for example, a DK has already won the 384 2h str dps sword off of Madness once, next time they roll need on it, a role bonus does not apply to it. This will at least solve the problem of people rolling need+role bonus on gear that they already won.

Edit: Also, disable the 2 hour item trade in LFR.
    What about someone who won it, but accidentally deleted/vendored/disenchanted it some time later and wants a new one?

Why are you all making it so complicated?

LFR loot can't be traded.
    LFR loot can't be vendored.

Most of your issues will go away overnight.

Deleted
    And people still complain about LFR .
    -wiped on hagara trash , and we wiped 3 times on ultraxion trash , after which i left
    -out-dps-ing half the dps as tank
    -70-80% of total healing on ultraxion/deathwing

What blizz did is teach people how to be "carried" , maximum results with zero effort .
    If MoP brings something slightly harder than what LFR is now , people will complain , people will quit as they did at the "hard" Cata start after wrath-facerolling .

I already lost all hope .

---------- Post added 2012-02-18 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Why are you all making it so complicated?

LFR loot can't be traded.
    LFR loot can't be vendored.

Most of your issues will go away overnight.
    and this stops me from ninjaing and destroying the item how ? )

Well I usually go into lfr as dps for my os anyway since i dont really need anymore healing gear. But I do hate when people roll on gear that they already have. Anytime that I ever do that is to roll on, see who deserves it the most and trade it to them (that is if they dont already have it). Imo valor gear should only be "filler" gear for anyone who does raid and doesnt have the luck to get the gear they need, or dont need the full tier gear.

Just have LFR give blues problem solved. Remember Blizzard said that this tool was for people to "SEE" content. They never said it was for them to get fully geared out and start pissing matches every 3rd post on the forums about loot issues. I mean I vacation a lot but I never buy souvenirs. Its about the experience you have and the way I see it loot in LFR is just like a souvenir. Also if these people are never going to raid for real then they dont need epics so no one would be upset by them only getting blues.

Actually if I was Blizzard I would remove all loot and just give them 2 big middle fingers. When they QQ Id be like "Well you got to see the content that was your reasoning for wanting LFR with dumbed down encounters so there you got to see it. Sorry but the loot is for real raiders."