Thread: [TV] The River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    I'm not sure it's so much that it's dry as it is that despite how much potential it had it's really just another Cop drama
    Either way, I'll probably bank the show for the summer when nothing else is on.

Back to the River, I'm liking the show more as it goes on. Ep. 4 Is tomorrow but I'll be missing it until next week since I'm going on vacation.

The blindness and hanged man episodes were pretty good, but this week's episode was just a crash course in stupidity.

So we've completely fucked over the concept of found footage AGAIN by having magical flashback footage. I just cannot fathom how anyone could justify finding the footage used for Russ' flashback to his argument with Emmet especially since later in the episode we find Russ and he doesn't have any footage on him. And if this tape was in the stash on the ship then it just goes as further evidence to how stupid the characters are for obviously not watching all the footage even though they complained they didn't have any leads after watching all of the footage.

But then we actually get to the meat of the story and the protagonists are all still stupid as hell. So we have this boat, the Exodus (THAT NAME IS CLEARLY NOT INDICATIVE OF ANYTHING, DON'T READ INTO IT AT ALL PROTAGONISTS) that happens along to help them out and the folks on it claim they only have 4 people on board. Lena and Jonas are out on the boat and they think they see someone else on the new boat even though all 4 of the supposed crew members are on board the Magus. So, of course, Lena and Jonas head out to the Exodus.

Without telling anyone.

Unarmed.

And then when they get to the Exodus they start making jokes about OOOOOOOOOOO the boat might be haunted! Because, you know, they don't have ANY REASONS AT ALL to expect the boat might be haunted. Certainly not because they've dealt with a demonic entity, the vengeful ghost of a child, or another vengeful spirit that causes the forest come alive and strangle Jonas for several months and magically keep him alive so he would continue suffering. Oh, and then there's the PHANTOM BOAT THAT SIDESWIPED THEM THE PREVIOUS NIGHT AND COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED A SPLIT SECOND LATER.

And of course they are going to investigate all the strange noises. And OF COURSE they are going to pry open the sealed door that all the strange noises seem to be originating from.

I'm sorry, but that was it for me. That episode was beyond stupid. When all of these characters inevitably die horrible deaths I hope the people who locate their bodies and recover this footage remark at length how stupid these people were.