Poll: Would you take Justin Bieber's setup?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is the hate Justin Bieber receives worth it for all the money/fame/women?

So pretty much every person on the planet that is not a girl between the ages of 6-14 hates and/or dislikes Justin Bieber and his craptasticly gut-wrenching music. (Soccer moms like him too maybe?) Now, despite all of this hate, he has truckloads of money, fast cars, tons of women throwing themselves all over him, he's one of the most famous people on the planet and he isn't even 18 yet.

Nonetheless, it is impossible to overlook the fact that his name is a byword and an insult. Everywhere you go people are making Justin Bieber jokes or ripping him on Youtube comments. It's an insult if someone even accuses you of liking Bieber, that's how bad it is. And to be honest I can't say I've ever seen a celebrity get shitted on as much as people totally shit on him. (except maybe Rebecca Black)

This brings me to my question: Is The Hate Justin Bieber Receives Worth It For The Money/Fame/Women?

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Women
    What ?
    I don't think that he gets any women.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-02-15 at 09:14 AM.

I'd probably make an idiot of myself for a crapton of money - but I'd get out as soon as I had enough to live off of dividends. No sense in dragging it out.

The hate is a little bit over done, I don't particularly like him.. AT ALL. Some people just go above and beyond though, at the end of the day, who cares? Doesn't impact my life in any way, so I just chose to not give a shit about him, and I don't really run into anything that way.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    What ?
    He's dating Selena Gomez. not bad Beiber, not bad.

I detest his music with the burning passion of a hundred fiery suns, but I don't have any issue with the kid himself. It's not like I can't change the station/channel. Comes across as a nice kid in interviews.

Deleted
    I don't really hate him. His music is some of the most generic shit I've ever heard but it appeals to teenage girls who, time and time again have proven to be a very financially influential demography. If nothing else, you can only applaud the mind behind the phenomenon. Someone, somewhere, is raking in some serious cash.

Also, I'm slightly jealous that he at.. 17? has it made and, if he plays his cards right, wont have to work another day in his life.

Oh, and that Gomez girl is too young for me anyway - infact.. my girlfriend is older than her mother.. haha. Oh god.
    Last edited by mmoc494ea71a08; 2012-02-15 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Oh, and that Gomez girl is too young for me anyway
    Oh, FAR too young for me too, but I'd be disturbed if Beiber was dating girls that are the right age for me!

The fact is that girly boy makes more money in a year than you would in a lifetime and is banging a pretty sweet piece of tail :0) but yea the music is shait.

People have more fun hating things than liking things. I've honestly heard like... one of his songs, I think, and I don't even remember what it was like. I don't think he really deserves as much of the attention, positive or negative, that he gets.

Same thing with Twilight. Yeah, it's bad but it's not as bad as everyone says. It's just funny to hate it, but I personally don't think it deserves the fandom or hatedom it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    So pretty much every person on the planet that is not a girl between the ages of 6-14 hates and/or dislikes Justin Bieber and his craptasticly gut-wrenching music. (Soccer moms like him too maybe?) Now, despite all of this hate, he has truckloads of money, fast cars, tons of women throwing themselves all over him, he's one of the most famous people on the planet and he isn't even 18 yet.

Nonetheless, it is impossible to overlook the fact that his name is a byword and an insult. Everywhere you go people are making Justin Bieber jokes or ripping him on Youtube comments. It's an insult if someone even accuses you of liking Bieber, that's how bad it is. And to be honest I can't say I've ever seen a celebrity get shitted on as much as people totally shit on him. (except maybe Rebecca Black)

This brings me to my question: Is The Hate Justin Bieber Receives Worth It For The Money/Fame/Women?
    Music is all about personal choice and personal opinion. Who's to say the music you like is any better? As for Justin Bieber and his "hate". Justin Bieber is living his dream which is more than most people will ever get to say. He's so busy being pushed around doing interviews, concerts etc I can guarantee you everything is a whirlwind for the kid and he doesn't have time to sit and think about people "hating" him.

People love to hate what's popular. The more popular you are, the more you will get hated. Let's not forget though, it's not just him. Many artists get hated. I could list dozens and dozens. Like I said this all goes back to personal preference.

And last, but not least I saved the best for last. Nothing has changed. Technology has just given more people a chance to voice their opinion. When boy bands ruled the world in the middle 90's+ the hate was just as bad for them. The thing is the internet was only just starting to come around. If the internet was as big back then as it is now, I guarantee we would all be sitting here talking about the Backstreet Boys and how much we want to "kill" them for releasing such horrible music. It would be just as bad. Maybe even worse. I think people are forgetting just how big they were.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-02-15 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    He's dating Selena Gomez. not bad Beiber, not bad.
    I don't consider spoiled teenage girls as "women".

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    To be honest, I don't know why ppl hate him, ofc I detest the way girls fawn over him, but really. I don't know why ppl hate him so much.

Deleted
    In no way possible would I make a "public person" out of myself. For any amount of money and women.

Though I can't say I hate him, my feeling is that his target audience, both the haters and fans are around the age 13-16 which is quite far from me. It would be like hating sesame street or something that's clearly not for my age and seems dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    What ?
    (S)He IS the woman!

Deleted
    To me it isn't worth it, but I guess it all comes down to what kind of a person one is. If you're ok with that lifestyle (being in the public eye 24/7, not being able to have privacy, not being able to express an honest opinion about stuff, "shut up and smile pretty for the photo", being a punchline to every joke, etc.) then I guess it would be worth it.

And I don't know about all the money, fast cars and women.. these things may very well go away after he's washed out. There's plenty of celebrities who went broke, especially child or teen stars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedda View Post
    and is banging a pretty sweet piece of tail :0)
    Gomez is fugly and also terribly awkward. She looks like a fucking chipmunk.

Also she's used goods.

Nick Jonas banged her first > Then Taylor Lautner banged her > Now Bieber is hitting it.

you gonna ask the haters if all the hate he recieves is worth it makes sense right :s

TBH, general trend seems to be that the best way to die young is to become a famous singer. And the prospect of never going anywhere without getting trampled doesn't amuse me. Or the fact that I would not have had a regular childhood. I would not trade the one I had for anything.
    Or the fact that you have to watch your "teenage idol" image everywhere you go. Never flipping out or getting mad and if you do having to worry if anybody saw it etc. Other people are pretty much in control of your emotions.

To be honest, of all the millionaires to be jealous of/aspire for, Justin Bieber is probably the last on that list, if he is even on there.

Imagine him in like 10 years from now, being the new vanilla ice or more recent that Lindsey Lohan. Being a joke everywhere you go basically and no way your actual merrits from then on out will change anything. No thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is because you're over estimating the hate and underestimating his popularity.
    Little bit of a rant incoming

Obviously I'm sure you're aware but pretty much everyone who's not between 6-14 is quite an overestimate when you take into account the many many people who don't care and then the even more people living in Countries or areas of countries that have probably never heard the name Justin Beiber. So the actual amount of people who hate him is most likely a minority of the population of the planet. This minority seems like a majority because many of them tend to go to the same place. Or in other words; The internet. Average Joe farmer who's never been on the internet probably doesn't hate, like or even care about Justin Beiber.

Secondly the popularity, there is basically one reason and one reason only that he is as hated as he is (which admittedly is quite hated compared to other entertainers) and that's because he is so popular. If he was still living in Canada performing the odd show at his local club every now and then, I doubt anyone would really hate him; Even if you (the general you, not specifically you) as a person who hates him as he is now were to go to a club where he is performing you probably wouldn't suddenly decide to hate him, you'd either 1. Like him or 2. Form no opinion of him but just notice that there is someone playing at the club.

The same can be translated to almost anything that's hated world wide. I personally don't hate Justin Beiber, I don't like him, I acknowledge he looks like a girl. (but am not closed minded enough to consider that a reason to hate someone.) But why should I hate him? I've seen him perform (not live) well watching shows like the AMAs, and the kid can sing, and also play the drums.

/rant about people hating things entirely because it's popular to hate.

On topic, Yes I'd consider it worth it. There's only two aspects that are unappealing. 1. Not being able to go many places without being recognized and swarmed and 2. As a celebrity I imagine it's harder to know if someone likes you for you or for your fame and money. Which he doesn't seem to be having a problem with at the moment. But money, being able to get a girl like Selena Gomez etc. That's worth it imo, especially since popularity will fade. In 10 years time he may be able to go to the mall just fine, but if he's smart with his money then he'll still be rich.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way! It is not true But from the other hand it is so true...