Poll: Would you take Justin Bieber's setup?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People hates him because there is youtube singers out there that is 100 times better then justin bieber and it annoyes them that justin bieber gets all the fame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Yes it is because you're over estimating the hate and underestimating his popularity.
    You seem to be someone who considers the "hate" to be the real drawback here. I agree that hate from unknown faces over the internet is overestimated, but the way I see it that's not the issue with being in the public eye. The real problem to me is what you also pointed out: the lack of privacy and believable friendships. The fact that you need to be careful expressing your ideas and emotions not to alienate your fan base (which in this case, is at a volatile age regarding their preferences) and being a puppet in the image industry. I say image industry, not music industry because music and talent have very little to do with being famous. Marketing is what makes you famous and I don't consider that to have any artistic value.

As for the money, I also think you're over estimating their value. The way I see it, money is just currency and not worth collecting. As long as you have enough so you don't miss anything, you should be good. I don't dream of having X cars, so the rich argument is not a good tradeoff for the downsides of this fame.

Deleted
    If I was Justin Bieber I wouldn't give a shit about the haters. Every artist has haters and for ever person that hates Justin Bieber he has about 20 people that worship him. Making him a sort of icon you have to mock online etc. is just giving him more actual fame.

It's basically feeding a troll on a global level.

I dont have a problem with Justin Bieber himself. I have a problem about a style he resperents and unfortunately leads. Musicans that are badass are eg. Slash, Keith Richards, Mark Knopfler, James Hetfield, Lemmy Kilmister, Angus Young. They are true badass musicans, totally devouted to what they do, and you know, doing all the man things. Drinking, smoking, taking drugs and disrespecting women they sleep with.

Justin Bieber is a lame newborn pussy who acts that he knows everything about life, about women and about love. Also, he is making himself as gay as humanly possible, and tries to convince others he is straight. This guy is just lame, and the only reason I know his name is the hate of people he released on himself. Personally, I'd prefer to ignore him (as it is the best thing to do with bad music and american 12-years-old-spoiled-girl-idols), but I cant. He is everywhere.

Please, fans of true music, screw this faggot. Don't mess around him, or it may turn that you have more attention to him than to true artists.

Deleted
    i don't think justin beiber gives a shit about the opinions of millions of angry nerds who fail at life

Deleted
    For that much money? yeah i'd be more than happy to put up with someone calling me gay/ a woman

Y'know...I've only heard a song or two from Bieber. It's not like his stuff plays on the (local) radio...EVER. Hell, even his girlfriend has a song on the radio (Selene Gomez).

Hanna Montanna was big (Miley Cyrus) and she eventually got a "radio-worthy" song. Yet Bieber *still* doesn't have one?

Point: why so popular (besides teenage girls not having any other "male icons" to latch on to right now)? and...his "fame" doesn't bother me. Not my kind of music; he's got a little bit of talent, far as I can tell. But as said before; if he's smart, he'll be able to ride the gravy train and be comfortable (or better) for life. Much better off than I'll ever be.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think think his music blows, and he's a no talent hack. I don't hate him though, I just don't listen to his music.

I know he visited some kid with a rare disease within a few days of being asked to near where I live. He could have said he didn't have time or just sent some autographed photo's or some junk, but he came out and he spent half the day with this kid. So at least he's not a total dick bag.

I hate the whole celebrity thing in general. Every half brained jackass with a quasi recording/acting/athletic career needs to tell me how to vote or dress or I shouldn't buy coffee from these guys. STFU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    yeah, I think I could handle looking like a complete jackass for a few years and spend the shit load of money he has made. That and think about it he is what 12 or whatever and will never have to work a real day in his life I could handle that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muslamic1 View Post
    i don't think justin beiber gives a shit about the opinions of millions of angry nerds who fail at life
    I agree with this but would have put it in a nicer tone :P

Annoying all the geeks while at the same time being adored by millions of women? (and you're kidding yourselves if you just think it's 6-14 year old girls that like him) i dont see any downfall in that!

I'm a 23 year old male and I don't hate Justin Bieber, I don't like him either - I'm indifferent. 99% of the people who hate him are jealous of his fame and success.

OP: Haven't you started threads about him in the past? o.O
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-15 at 02:59 PM.

Just about every famous musician has mass groups of ppl that protest agianst them ...comes with the fame

Eminem pissed of the gay community
    Fred Durst's free concerts turned into riots
    Marlyn Manson catholic figures wish he was dead
    the list goes on and on and on even Elvis had alot of mad hate
    When someone has a talent that the world can see everyone has an opinion and not all of them are positive.

today in pop its beiber not to long ago it was backstreet boys and before that is was new kids on the block or to stray from the boyband comparisons JT and Usher wherent exactly liked by anyoen but young females at one point either. or fuck now that i think about it mmmmmmmmm bop mmmmmmmm bop ya the list goes on and on and on.

Deleted
    in 5/10 years nobody will remember him and if he doesn't play his cards right (for all we know he might be receiving not more than 5% of the revenue) will be shocked once he finds out he actualy will have to do something once his popularity faded.

I don't know the kid so I have no reason to hate him and he seems nice enough from what I've seen of him (Might all be publicity stunt and manager telling him what to do/say ofcourse)
    It's his fanclub that is obnoxious (Then again, which fanclub isn't?)

If the publicity he gets is worth all the money/fame/women I myself have no interest in fame nor a bunch of teenagers that blindly follow some boy but the money is very well worth it.

I'd say it's worth it. I wouldn't care if random people I didn't know hated me for no good reason. I still have my real friends and boyfriend, plus all of the money I'd ever need. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Gomez is fugly and also terribly awkward. She looks like a fucking chipmunk.

Also she's used goods.

Nick Jonas banged her first > Then Taylor Lautner banged her > Now Bieber is hitting it.
    Virgin sex sucks anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    No one deserves the kind of hate he gets. His music doesn't appeal to me, but i don't like or hate him. Hes just another Joe on the street to me.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I dont have a problem with Justin Bieber himself. I have a problem about a style he resperents and unfortunately leads. Musicans that are badass are eg. Slash, Keith Richards, Mark Knopfler, James Hetfield, Lemmy Kilmister, Angus Young. They are true badass musicans, totally devouted to what they do, and you know, doing all the man things. Drinking, smoking, taking drugs and disrespecting women they sleep with.

Justin Bieber is a lame newborn pussy who acts that he knows everything about life, about women and about love. Also, he is making himself as gay as humanly possible, and tries to convince others he is straight. This guy is just lame, and the only reason I know his name is the hate of people he released on himself. Personally, I'd prefer to ignore him (as it is the best thing to do with bad music and american 12-years-old-spoiled-girl-idols), but I cant. He is everywhere.

Please, fans of true music, screw this faggot. Don't mess around him, or it may turn that you have more attention to him than to true artists.
    Yes, because YOU are the judge of true music... RIGHT
    Last edited by Chickat; 2012-02-15 at 04:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Virgin sex sucks anyway
    Word.

If someone dislikes one sort of music it hardly means you automaticly hate the artist. I don't like Bieber's songs at all but I do not love or hate the guy. I simply don't have any opinion about him as a person. Also I doubt if anyone really hates him have any good reason to hate him other than pure jealousy. He hasn't done any stupid stunts in media. His lyrics may be bad but are not attack towards specific group of people (gays, politics, religious etc). Bad music is hardly a reason to hate someone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Deleted
    Who sais everybody hates him? His singing is about as good as 7 out of 10 singers out there...don't get me wrong, I dislike the music but I certainly don't hate him or those other singers. I think people who hate on him are just jealous people, I have yet to find 1 person who can give me 1 reason why he specificly deserves the hate he is getting.

Hell, I could only wish I was him...and I'm scared to admit it unlike those haters.

PS: What I do hate about Justin Bieber is his fans (who are fuckin insane) and not to forget I also his haters (who are just sad inside because they don't have his fame). I would get hate if your girlfriend is a fan of Justin Bieber, I an get where you are coming from when ur gf can't stop bitching about some teenage singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    in 5/10 years nobody will remember him and if he doesn't play his cards right (for all we know he might be receiving not more than 5% of the revenue) will be shocked once he finds out he actualy will have to do something once his popularity faded.

I don't know the kid so I have no reason to hate him and he seems nice enough from what I've seen of him (Might all be publicity stunt and manager telling him what to do/say ofcourse)
    It's his fanclub that is obnoxious (Then again, which fanclub isn't?)

If the publicity he gets is worth all the money/fame/women I myself have no interest in fame nor a bunch of teenagers that blindly follow some boy but the money is very well worth it.
    Wrong, once you are that famous you won't be forgotten for a long time...even if it is just because he is rich. If he happens to waste the money and loose it all, than yes people will forgot him pretty fast since media doesn't give shit about poor people.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-02-15 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Gomez is fugly and also terribly awkward. She looks like a fucking chipmunk.

Also she's used goods.

Nick Jonas banged her first > Then Taylor Lautner banged her > Now Bieber is hitting it.
    Find a woman that is worth having that isn't "used goods" and I will personally send you a cookie.
    Also I'm disturbed at your level of knowledge on whos shes been with.....

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, Justin Beiber is the same as Twilight. It's just something I was completely and blissfully unaware of until people started hating it to the point that the hate became standard. Damn you people for being so vocal about it that I found out about him.

On topic: Sure. A few years of being mocked on the Internet in exchange for a metric shit-ton of cash? I'd save up the money, then once I've gotten enough, I'd tell the world where they can shove it.