Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

banned on swotr.com for pointing out so many bugs

I recently got banned on swotr forums because I regularly posted constructive criticism about the game. Mainly about unbindable keys, afkers in warzones (uyes they are cropping up more and more now since you get about 8-10k xp for losing), not punishing botters and speedhackers, and a bunch of other rather miscellaneous bugs that affect quality of life.

Honestly if Bioware thinks that this game is going to last they can't pull this gestapo shit especially since we forked over $70 to beta test this shitpile albeit fun shitpile. Sooner or later people are going to get pissed off enough and move on to the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I recently got banned on swotr forums because I regularly posted constructive criticism about the game. Mainly about unbindable keys, afkers in warzones (uyes they are cropping up more and more now since you get about 8-10k xp for losing), not punishing botters and speedhackers, and a bunch of other rather miscellaneous bugs that affect quality of life.

Honestly if Bioware thinks that this game is going to last they can't pull this gestapo shit especially since we forked over $70 to beta test this shitpile albeit fun shitpile. Sooner or later people are going to get pissed off enough and move on to the next best thing.
    Not to be rude, but was it really constructive criticism or did you come across sounding like an -snip-? Again, I find it hard to believe you got banned unless it was the way you were saying things.

Tone down the cursing please. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-15 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Not to be rude, but was it really constructive criticism or did you come across sounding like an asshole? Again, I find it hard to believe you got banned unless it was the way you were saying things.
    Mods tend to bann really fast, I know of some people not only in Swtor that got banned on forums just for pointing out some negative things in a friendly way. Not saying this is that case, but I've seen it happen...a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Not to be rude, but was it really constructive criticism or did you come across sounding like an asshole? Again, I find it hard to believe you got banned unless it was the way you were saying things.
    I kinda want to know that too, there is sometimes people on forum that makes a flame fest and writing like they are totaly retarded (not that you do), and then try to make us belive it was no way their fault what happend to them. For some reason people think making others belive their story makes what they did right. :s

But what exactly did you write when you got banned? doubt your just get banned out of no where for something youve done earlier.

I feel like you don't tell us the whole story here, I doubt you were banned for posting constructive criticism. However, if they did - ouch. They either change their policy or they won't be here for the long run.

I posted a thread on swtor forums saying a bunch of bad words like f**k and s**t (Wrote them full words) and didn't even get 1 second suspended. I can't find the thread since there is no search option, but the title was "This game is s**t" and the "s**t" became 4 stars, "****"

(Edit) Found it coz i actually recieved a warning so it was in my mailbox http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=238589. I was not angry i just wanted to see if i get banned like the guy that posted "Im 12 and what is this" and got banned coz he was under 13 =)
    Last edited by Deepsidedj; 2012-02-15 at 06:51 AM.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

I pointed out several class quest bugs, namely ones where you end up falling because you have to take the elevator. Still not fixed yet my post in the thread started by another poster was taken down. Then I pointed out how people are AFKing in WZs and the various spots they hide which got me infracted. There's no report function so we have to try and police our own WZs. I find Bioware's method of moderation more than a little hokey.

While I may come off as sarcastic I kept those undertones in my posts at an absolute minimum or not at all. Now I'm struggling to find a reason to even sub to this game trying to help them make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I feel like you don't tell us the whole story here, I doubt you were banned for posting constructive criticism. However, if they did - ouch. They either change their policy or they won't be here for the long run.
    people always say this. And its an unprovable conundrum. If he was a douche bag and got banned for that, he'll deny it. Lest he lose any credibility. And if hes innocent, he'll of course deny it.

Constructive: While doing the bonus series on Alderaan, I discovered a quest giver was bugged. He didn't have the completed sign above his head for me to turn in the quest. Clicking him resulted in no response and I couldn't continue. Resetting the quest chain and restarting it fixed the problem.

Non-constructive: I did a quest on Alderaan and the shitty quest giver was bugged. I gave up and left the fucking planet. Fix this crap game or I quit.

Top one is constructive. Shows what the problem was (quest giver wasn't completing the quest) and whether or not you fixed it as well as how. Second is non-constructive since it shows that you did nothing to try to fix it yourself nor did it state what the quest was or what the issue was.

Constructive: I saw AFK-Player AFKing in warzones. I've seen them AFKing several times today. All they do is hide behind a pillar stealthed and jump from time to time.

Non-constructive: AFK-Player has been AFKing in warzones. Ban them already!

Top one is constructive. It shows how you know the player is AFK and that you saw them several times in a period of time. Second is non-constructive because all you're doing is calling the player an AFKer with no proof.

Judging from your post here, I have question if you were really constructive. Lot of people don't seem to know what constructive means. >.> Constructive would be helping to fix the problem by offering your observations in a manner that promotes discussion. Not insulting someone/something because it didn't go your way and then proceeding to not offer any insight on the problem like what you did to cause it, was it repeatable, and what you think should've happened. As for AFKers, all you can do is report them. Calling Bioware out on it won't change anything. They'll likely ban accounts in batches much like Blizzard does so you may see an AFKer/botter for weeks before they finally get banned. Just report them every time.

I pointed out several class quest bugs, namely ones where you end up falling because you have to take the elevator. Still not fixed yet my post in the thread started by another poster was taken down. Then I pointed out how people are AFKing in WZs and the various spots they hide which got me infracted. There's no report function so we have to try and police our own WZs. I find Bioware's method of moderation more than a little hokey.

While I may come off as sarcastic I kept those undertones in my posts at an absolute minimum or not at all. Now I'm struggling to find a reason to even sub to this game trying to help them make it better.
    The bolded part is against forum rules. While there is no "report this player afk" function, there is a report player function. Just create an in game ticket. The reason posting it on the forums is not that you posted about afkers, but because you said where they like to hide. Bioware does not want people posting how people are exploiting things in the open public because than other people would start exploiting that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    The bolded part is against forum rules. While there is no "report this player afk" function, there is a report player function. Just create an in game ticket. The reason posting it on the forums is not that you posted about afkers, but because you said where they like to hide. Bioware does not want people posting how people are exploiting things in the open public because than other people would start exploiting that way too.
    I know about that too but they have not acted against the offenders in ANY way. That pisses me off so let's be honest here, the love is starting to wear off and patience is running thin. I see the same people on my friends list in various WZs doing nothing and nothing is being done about cheating just like the whole Ilum patch day fiasco.

i bet i can sum up what OP's forum post looked like

"FIX YOUR DAMN BUGS BIOWARE,I WAS ON ::RANDOM AREA 1::AND THERE WAS SO MANY BUGS,THIS GAME SUCKS IM GOING TO GUILD WARS 2 IF YOU DONT FIX YOUR SHIT"

I know about that too but they have not acted against the offenders in ANY way. That pisses me off so let's be honest here, the love is starting to wear off and patience is running thin. I see the same people on my friends list in various WZs doing nothing and nothing is being done about cheating just like the whole Ilum patch day fiasco.
    People complain about things like this on WoW all the time. The simple fact is that they are probably not just afkers, but afk botters. And when bots are involved, if you ban the people they just create new accounts and do the same time. You need to cure the disease and not the symptom.

There's no report function so we have to try and police our own WZs
    the only problem ive heard with warzones i have is they pretty much copyed the world of warcraft lets force you in this raid group so you can be annoyed the entire time by the immature kids spamming it the entire warzone

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 07:15 AM ----------

People complain about things like this on WoW all the time. The simple fact is that they are probably not just afkers, but afk botters. And when bots are involved, if you ban the people they just create new accounts and do the same time. You need to cure the disease and not the symptom.
    i laugh at people who bot in wow,i mean.the grind is already a laughable joke of ease why would you even need to bot,as far as sw tor goes i have no clue how the "grind" is but ive heard theres really no rush to the lvl cap feeling you get so i guess it doesnt really matter

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    the only problem ive heard with warzones i have is they pretty much copyed the world of warcraft lets force you in this raid group so you can be annoyed the entire time by the immature kids spamming it the entire warzone
    Must be a local thing. People don't spam on my server. Usually pretty quiet cept just "pass." Course, premades are so dominant and all on vent there is no need to spam. This is OT for this thread however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i laugh at people who bot in wow,i mean.the grind is already a laughable joke of ease why would you even need to bot
    because sometimes you don't like to have to tab back into wow during AV weekend while you're sitting in a very inconspicuous location watching the new season of that show you like or a good movie

I guess you could share what your forum name is and we can search over there to help identify what probably got you banned - though they probably said it in their email to you.

A lot of people these days thinks that just because we are online and don't see people face to face, that we can just act completely unprofessional or uncivil to them. Manners seems to go out the window these days. I've never had an issue posting bugs or posting ideas over there on things that will improve a product that has promise. It all comes down to manners and making sure our comments are staying professional, if you will, and not cross over to be a rant.

Honestly if Bioware thinks that this game is going to last they can't pull this gestapo shit especially since we forked over $70 to beta test this shitpile albeit fun shitpile.
    I think I can imagine why you were banned.

Deleted
    this is just speculation, i admit, but the people who get banned for things like this are usually the ones who refuse to address the issues in a remotely civil or adult manner. I'm guessing you weren't banned for bug reported, you were banned for bug-flaming.

that right there is what i mean.

if i've got the wrong impression, then i do apologize, but it does seem clear WHY you were banned

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, spoken like someone who's never tried reporting anything in TOR.

Here's what happens when you report something to GMs in TOR. Players, bugs, it's all the same.

1.) A guy shows up in your chat window 36-48 hours later. He obviously doesn't speak a lick of English, as anything that isn't found in a textbook has to be explained and re-explained, frequently including common MMO terms. I had one that just couldn't comprehend the term "instanced", for example.
    2.) The guy cuts-and-pastes canned answers, sometimes so sloppily that things like "Next Page" appear in the canned answer.
    3.) The guy requests screenshots of whatever you reported, even if screenshots are totally illogical (e.g. "CODs never go through" "Please submit a screen shot with this report. NEXT PAGE")
    4.) The email address that they tell you to send screenshots to does not accept incoming email. It starts with DO_NOT_REPLY@.
    5.) Really.
    6.) Fucking really.
    7.) I can't make this shit up.
    8.) In the event that they somehow give you the correct email address that does accept incoming email, a GM who also speaks very bad English creates an ENTIRELY NEW TICKET based on the email, even if you reference the exact ticket number. It's now a different report altogether, with ZERO means of traceback to the first report. They also lose any screenshots you send them.
    9.) And we're back to step 1.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2012-02-15 at 07:57 AM.