Poll: Opinion On Blizzard Store Mounts/Pets

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't mind the petstore, I don't mind the mountstore.
    I don't mind paying if something pops up there that I think is really nice, although I am a little sad it's not available for regular play.

I DO mind the neverending stream of utter crap everyone in the game feels they are entitled to give you the second you show up on one of those mounts.

I play on an RP Server. I /had/ a character like Johnny Awesome before it was done in the horde questline who thought his sparkly pony was just fabulous. Right up until the moment I started gettig kicked from pugs just for having the thing...

I would've liked it a lot better if there was some kind of in-game way of getting these mounts, but then there'd be another schism between people who got it in store (slackers!) versus those who earned it in the game (no-lifers! booo-urns!)...

For me the price is the main issue.
    A mount should not cost more than some of the expansions do.
    It should be upto at the most the cost of a monthly subscription payment, if even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Paying for the game
    paying for subscription
    paying for mounts
    paying for pets
    paying for name changes
    paying for race changes
    paying for server transfers

lulwut ...
    Paying for services penalises stupid decisions.
    If someone could be a right a$$ and then simply server hop without consequence then really why would they stop ?
    They would not.
    If you want to use a service, then put some thought into it beforehand, otherwise it will rightfully so hit you where it hurts.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-02-17 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    There will be more of this, I can assure you
    Especially with pet battles next x-pac, huge market potential for selling stuff from their store
    Sharm sums it up very well you know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzGWt7BZQyw

Listen and learn, friends =)

Well, it started to feel like WoW is both subscription based and micro transaction based. I don't have a real problem with that but still.

Also sometimes I feel that they put more effort into pet models than anything else.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

I have no problems, because if they make one good enough, people will buy, and the company will profit.
    No, i will not bash you because you have "Wasted" money on the Blizzard Store — it's your money, do what you want with it. Nobody is stopping you from using $25 to buy that sparkly horse!

I'd honestly purchase it if I had the cash.

People can spend money as they wish and Blizzard can create things to entice people to spend money on them.

The only problem I have with Blizzard is paying money for server transfers and name changes. Those are things that I feel happen rather effortlessly. Also I don't think race changes should be allowed, whats the point of 2 distinct factions if you can flip flop between them (and yea allowing both factions on the same realm was utter crap)?

Deleted
    We gave you a dragon, we gave it some wings and made it fly
    As you bought it from our site - we were so happy for you!
    And we're still in profit, it's a beautiful line =)

(And not even angry, even though some of us went and played Rift) :P

I think it would be better if they offered it on the store and also offered it as something you can get in game for doing something really hard. that way those that dont want to pay $25 (or cant afford it) can have a chance of getting it. but it doesnt anger me or anything like it does others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    We gave you a dragon, we gave it some wings and made it fly
    As you bought it from our site - we were so happy for you!
    And we're still in profit, it's a beautiful line =)

(And not even angry, even though some of us went and played Rift) :P

So here we are again, a new in-store mount for you.
    A golden dragon and it's model's new.
    You'll have to pay us cash, but we know you will want it.
    And you'll be raging while you click our invoice approved...

You want that brand new mount there (that's what we're counting on)...

;D

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Regarding the "No Problem With The Sale, But Would Like To See The Profits Used For Content" option, how do you know it isn't already happening?
    Exactly what I was thinking! Anything that keeps Blizzard afloat is being used for content.

I however will never, ever pay money for a mount. Simply due to the fact to me a mount is a symbol of achievement and I almost only ever ride the rarest PVE mount currently available to me.

Cruising around on a glowing dragon that everyone and their pet dog has doesn't appeal to me in the slightest and certainly not at extra cost to my wallet.

[edit] I'd actually consider it for charity but that's as far as it goes.
    Last edited by Halle; 2012-02-17 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    I Dont care at all, good for Blizzard if people are stupid enough to buy them.
    "ohh look at me i bought 25.000 pixels for $25"

The poll options you give is a joke.. 3 answers are Don't Care and 1 answer is that it should be free for all.

You should an option "it should be rewarded from an in-game achievement".

Anyway I don't care much for vanity items for money, but I would prefer that there is at least a similar in-game obtainable mount, for example a reskin.

5th option.

I dont think items should be purchaseable for real money, even if they are cosmetic only. I would like to see Blizzard do more about gold sellers, mount sellers, item sellers in game and stop slacking.

The only thing I don't like about the store is that they offer truly unique models that aren't obtainable in game. I mean, they could have a "lame" version of this drake mount drop somewhere, and the shiny special gold one from the store. At least other people could get the drake. Same for the Winged Lion, just not as much.

It is now my air mount.
    For land, and leveling in Pandaria (won't be able to fly there till level cap) I use ma black warbear(god damn impossible to get now that FTA/FTH raids are impossible on all but the most imbalanced or care bear servers)!

How long before we see this?

They can sell whatever they want as long as it has no effect on gameplay. I didn't like the pet you could sell on, but the alternative is the really trustworthy looking sites that already sell TCG items... I'd be inclined to even buy some if 100% of the money went to charity or something, rather than "a portion of the profits", which after some creative accounting will be approximately fuck all.

Make everything free like it ought to be.

Its hilarious seeing these things all over the low lvl BGs. Seeing people in full looms and on these next to newbie team mates in quest/dungeon stuff on dumpy starter mounts in the 20-30 bracket is amazing.

I don't like Blizzard doing it, and certainly won't buy anything from them. Especially if they keep re-using skeletons/animations for all the mounts.
    For such a profitable thing they could have had one of their animators come up with something new. Takes just a couple of days for a professional to animate a creature, I've been told.

I think a lo of people seem more pissed because this is a "unique" model. However, very little of it is actually unique as the skeleton used for this drake has been in-game since BC, and the animations for this drake were added during Ulduar. The skin is the only unique part about it. All they did was add wings to the skeleton and change the skin.

Knowing Blizzard we can probably expect some recolours of this mount as we got a reskin of the celestial steed in-game. I'd expect a red drake using this skin. Maybe a blue/green one? This is too rich of Eastern Dragon to not use in MoP.

I bought one. I bought a "That Retarded Horse" and "That Retarded Lion". Now it is "That Retarded Dragon". Would I have liked this as a mount for 150 mounts or something? Yes, because then I would already have it, still. But Oh well. It works. People complaining are just pissed off they won't have it where only 1-2% of the entire population has it.