10+ Year Old Account

RET - Help with proc trinkets usage

Hello! I've been a tank for my guild for a long time but then I got a bit burned out and switched ret, I think I've been doing good dps overall but now i'm trying to maximize my potential, thanks to you guys I found out that Creche of the Final dragon is one of our BiS trinkets alternated with Fetish for add fights, my question is if there is a "proper" way to use the procs since they can come up at random times because I've read of pre pulling tips such as unequiping and re-equiping trinkets to activate their CDs , is this the case for these trinkets? is there a proper way to make the proc align with our cds? or just leave the trinket alone and don't worry about proc timings?

Thank you for your help!

So.. you don't have Eye of Unmaking yet or what? and which of your trinkets are heroic, if any?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I have the regular version of Eye and the LFR versions of both creche and fetish, no luck so far with reg drops, also have the reg version of Apparatus of Kazgoroth and lately I've been switching back and forth between those three depending on the fight.

You ALWAYS want to use Eye of Unmaking. It's really that good. The other trinket spot is the only one you should be switching around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the eye always stays equipped, I just wanted to know if there is a "smart" way to use creche and fetish or if you can have some degree of control over the procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Namus View Post
    Yeah the eye always stays equipped, I just wanted to know if there is a "smart" way to use creche and fetish or if you can have some degree of control over the procs.
    You have really absolutely no control over Bone-Link Fetish or Creche whatsoever. Creche is probably best on fights like Morchok and Ultraxion... I'd rather use a more reliable trinket for Morchok though, like Rotting Skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thank you

I was curious because I read this on Kisko's guide:

Any Tier there will be little tricks you can do before pull to improve your dps, including obvious pre-pot.
    It can be as simple as putting proc trinket on CD (/equipslot macro) and asking tank to wait to sync up proc
    with Hero, or it can be buggy trinket with On-Use (like Moonwell Chalice, already fixed), or buggy 4-piece
    (like Prot T11, still used) or something else.
    So I wondered if I was missing something.

if your raid is going to be using heroism on the pull you want to try to get T11 prot 4-set so before you pull the boss you can equip it, use Guardian, then equip your regular gear so it lasts longer (usually 10 seconds longer). You can use a potion just before you pull the boss too so you can use another during another set of cooldowns.

There is coupple of topics about this, there you can even find what trinkets are sugested for what fight, so you can have easier gasp of when to switch creche and blf, or even apparatus/skull (for hagara)

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You have really absolutely no control over Bone-Link Fetish or Creche whatsoever. Creche is probably best on fights like Morchok and Ultraxion... I'd rather use a more reliable trinket for Morchok though, like Rotting Skull.
    Only fight Rotting Skull is useful is heroic Spine where you need to control burst.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

This thread by Kisko, located aaaaaaaall the way back on page 2 of this forum, should have answers to most everything you wonder.

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again:

Any Tier there will be little tricks you can do before pull to improve your dps, including obvious pre-pot.
    It can be as simple as putting proc trinket on CD (/equipslot macro) and asking tank to wait to sync up proc
    with Hero
    , or it can be buggy trinket with On-Use (like Moonwell Chalice, already fixed), or buggy 4-piece
    (like Prot T11, still used) or something else.
    I'm not asking what trinket to use in X or Y situation, (I did my homework and yes I already saw that thread) i'm asking why would you want to do the /equipslot macro thing before a pull to put a trinket on CD and if that helps with trinkets that has procs and you can't control when they go off. I started the thread because I haven't been able to find an explanation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Namus View Post
    Again:

I'm not asking what trinket to use in X or Y situation, (I did my homework and yes I already saw that thread) i'm asking why would you want to do the /equipslot macro thing before a pull to put a trinket on CD and if that helps with trinkets that has procs and you can't control when they go off. I started the thread because I haven't been able to find an explanation for this.
    In extremely rare cases you can do this, but good luck trying to get your raid to do it.