15+ Year Old Account

[Seeking Advice] Frost Mage/Frost DK

Hello all.

My brother and I have started a 2s team basically to cap our CP while we were gearing up. I'm a frost mage, he's a frost death knight. Now that we've achieved our gear, we decided we wanted to try to actually raise the rating as much as we can. Now, its worth stating that while my brother is not a noob, he's inexperienced in Arena. I've played a warrior and a shaman for a few seasons, but I've never really achieved a rating above 1850 as I've prefered to pvp with friends regardless of their skill level.

That being said, there are a few situations in which we're running into trouble. As you'd expect, he's generally the burn target for our team as not only are DKs lacking really powerful survivability, but I start invisible. We determine the target we'll kill, and the target I'll poly/counterspell and he goes right on the offensive trying to apply pressure. I come out of invis with a poly, then try to land a quick Freeze shattercombo. We both have 4600 resilience, but it seems like in a lot of games he's getting globaled, and we're having trouble finding a solution to it, even with Lichborne Deathcoil heals and sacrificing the ghoul. We really seem to struggle with ret paladins in particular, as well as ferals. Sometimes rogues, but with his Icebound Fortitude its a coinflip.

Any advice regarding how to deal with healer/dps teams, ret paladins in general or other high-burst classes would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe he should go UH?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, what is his aim going for Frost? Is it that attack (runeforge/enchant on a weapon I believe) that increases Frost damage which I believe would affect both of your attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Yeah, what is his aim going for Frost? Is it that attack (runeforge/enchant on a weapon I believe) that increases Frost damage which I believe would affect both of your attacks?
    the only time you would ever use the frost enchant is if you are dual wielding. and it only would effect the dk's frost dmg not the mage's.

to OP UH has a bit more surviablity and utility and as UH theres not really a fear of breaking cc w/ your main attack. ghouls gnaw is good for disrupting the opener while stunlocked and interrupting other teams pressure or heals through the match. also lichborne healing as UH is alot more effective than frost. although the playstyle is a bit different might take some time to get used to.

if youre determined to stick w/ frost it might be better if he plays more defensively at the start to avoid getting gibbed before you are even out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice. We are going to try playing with him as unholy. Hopefully that will help alleviate our problem.