Page 1 of 43
... LastLast

MOP-Talents updated, Ascendance sounds awesome.

[MODERATOR ADVISORY NOTE]

All this info is;
    A) From an explicitly incomplete and in-progress alpha build
    B) Not even at the stage where they're trying to balance numbers, and
    C) Absent about 70% of the information we'd need to really state anything conclusive, including but not limited to spell coefficients, gear numbers, the remaining missing but 100% to-be-included spells and abilities, etc.

Feel free to discuss, mention reasonable concerns, and discuss potential implications. Baseless QQ and complaints based on wild assumptions that hold no merit will be treated, rightly, as trolling.

[AND NOW BACK TO THE THREAD]

hey guys, check the MOP-talents out, they've been updated!

Check out our new Cooldown "Ascendance"

Oh, and we get the Mastery-Raidbuff (as an aura, yeah), and we get 10% SP-buff in ALL SPECS, coming from ALL of our fire totems.

And apparently we're the only class without 90-talents, yet.

The Wowhead-team listed all the changes in a very comprehensive post
    http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=2007...ptalent-shaman
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-02-17 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

!!!!!! Brb

For those who are lazy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...ent-calculator

Aw I thought there would be more changes, pretty neat tho. The only thing I don't like is that this means I won't be able to use transformation things while raiding sadface
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-02-15 at 08:59 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I was so excited to have the first post that I didn't have the time to post the link ;-)
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Lava Beam!?! ... I need new pants!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Lah-Lah...

LAVA BEAM!!????

BRB, Shammy power-leveling!
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

Ascendence, seems to be the most sexy cd for a shaman. Goooosh!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Check out Soul Reaper for death knights that seems to be the only other new spell.

Soul Reaper-Strikes an enemy for 50% weapon damage that afflicts the target with Soul Reaper. After 6 sec, if the target is below 35%, this effect will deal 46.549 additional Shadow damage. If the enemy dies before this effect triggers, the Death Knight gains 50% haste for 5 sec.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-02-15 at 09:09 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Check out Soul Reaper for death knights that seems to be the only other new spell.
    All I can say is: DAYUM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Wolf is instant cast.
    mhm? mhm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also see the new Grace of Air level 80:
    "Empowering winds swirl around the Shaman, granting all nearby party and raid members 5 mastery."

Also interesting:

Level 40 talent - Burning Wrath (Passive)
    "Fiery elemental energy emenates from the Shaman, empowering all nearby party and raid members and increasing their spell power by 10%"

What's interesting about this? It's no longer limited to elemental spec. More freedom for raid comps
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2012-02-15 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, priests and hunters seems to be the only ones gyped.
    mhm? mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aet View Post

"Empowering winds swirl around the Shaman, granting all nearby party and raid members 5 mastery."
    It seems the 5% haste totem is gone and replaced with this.
    Hi Sephurik

From what ive seen they appear to be alot more 'round out'. Guess beta will be out shortly after the press event

Deleted
    mage talents.....just lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It also bears mentioning that the totem utility Tier 6 talents are now Tier 3, and our new Tier 6 is "coming soon", which will hopefully address the complaints people had. We lost the mobility tier, but that was probably the most situational one of the bunch, so I'm okay with that.

Grace of Air is back as an aura, as a +5 Mastery raid buff. The other passive auras aren't in, except for Totemic Wrath, which has been renamed as Burning Wrath and isn't tied to a totem any longer. What that means remains to be seen, but they may be simplifying the buff structure again and replacing some buffs with mastery buffs like Grace of Air (which should be a great aura, on its own)

Fire Elemental Totem has been reworked to last 1 minute, and have a 5 minute CD.

And again; this is still pre-alpha. Not even beta-ready. So don't rage. We still don't have level 90 skills or our Tier 6; more changes are DEFINITELY coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    mage talents.....just lol
    rune of power...rape sauce
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Aet View Post

Also interesting:

Level 40 talent - Burning Wrath (Passive)
    "Fiery elemental energy emenates from the Shaman, empowering all nearby party and raid members and increasing their spell power by 10%"

What's interesting about this? It's no longer limited to elemental spec. More freedom for raid comps
    I edited both of them into the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Fire Elemental Totem has been reworked to last 1 minute, and have a 5 minute CD.
    Only took them three expansions to figure this out? Really?
    mhm? mhm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Earth Elemental has been updated to 1 minute and 5 minute CD.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Only took them three expansions to figure this out? Really?
    Well, it wasn't a big part of our DPS until Cataclysm, especially for Elemental who stuck with Totem of Wrath for the buff. So really just Cata, for the most part.

Other changes; Repulsion Totem's gone (boo), Astral Shift was buffed to only reduce damage/healing by 30% (yay), Call of Elements talent now resets the CD on all totems, and Totemic Restoration caps at 50% of the cooldown, because the original setup meant Grounding would effectively not have a CD if you used it right. And the best of the mobility options is what replaced Repulsion Totem, and honestly, as much as I wanted it, two AoE knockbacks that didn't share a CD could be easily broken as hell.

And Flame Shock is now 24s by default, meaning they're probably rolling the glyph into it rather than extending the duration even further.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-02-15 at 09:27 PM.