Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Hopefully Auto-Wand won't be a major part of our rotation, hopefully it's just included to help level the spec because I really don't want to have to heavily rely on finding a wand upgrade to do decent dps.
    Reminder about Auto-Wand: Wands are MH weapons in MoP (and have stats as such), not Ranged weapons (that slot is just gone). All relics and thrown weapons are gone, all real Ranged weapons (Bows, Guns, Crossbows), are Hunter-only, and have stats like 2H Weapons.

This is just because Auto-Attack likely wouldn't work for the wand weapon type (since it is ranged).

This sucks. Wands are stupid. Daggers and swords along with Off-Hands are way much more attractive

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 04:11 PM ----------

Oh and I doubt Soul Fire will be a dump spell. I think that dumping your embers with Soul Fire is meant to increase its damage subsequently for a DPS increase.

The damage that we take over-time is probably to prevent mass Ember Stacking for ridiculous burst phases in PvP for example and for the flavor. With Great Power come Consequences, and Destruction warlocks embrace this literally with their new-found mastery in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder when burning embers disappear. I kill a boss and have 9 embers on me that I can't get rid up since I can't ember tab.

Do we just sit around and die? or do we lose them when we go OOC. If we lose then OOC, this would extremely gimp destro in pvp.

Just seems a bit simplistic if the only variable dump is soul fire.
    Combo Points, Holy Power etc have multiple dumps with varying effectiveness/duration based on the amount of the resource spent.
    I have no reason to believe that ember tap would be any different.

Then again being it seems a largely unique mechanism then maybe prior assumptions based on what we know are wrong.

I would assume that the embers as they do damage are consumed.

I guess you get a choice between:
    -dumping for AoE
    -dumping for single target DPS
    -dumping for healing

But in all these cases dumping I think your embers ais meant to be a benefit, not a loss.

as for immolate being a problem if dispelled, besides the cd on dispel, you can fel flame as destro its 12% more dmg and generates 2 embers if crit, so depending on what stats you will have at 90 that and mastery making embers increase the dmg of embers you prob can do nice dmg without having immolate up to generate embers. those spells soulfire/ ember tap thing might be that they consume a max of 10 but can be used just by 1, maybe the heal its 19% at 10 and with 1 you get 5% or just a smaller heal.

Worded my prior post a bit wrong.
    Basically what I meant is that embers when they do damage I believe will burn themselves out, so preventing a quantity which is insufficient for a dump from continuing to do damage until you can gain more.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I wonder when burning embers disappear. I kill a boss and have 9 embers on me that I can't get rid up since I can't ember tab.

Do we just sit around and die? or do we lose them when we go OOC. If we lose then OOC, this would extremely gimp destro in pvp.
    If you have less than 10 you take no damage.