Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm thinking Obserber might be the name of the two head eyeball demon dogs.. like Occu'thar from Baradin hold.. to me it matches better with fel hunter. The way the other demons match up. demon dog switches to bigger demon dog instead of ranged floaty eyeball thing.

Those are called Void Terrors.

I still think it's just a different name for the Beholder. Or, rather, a not really all that different name, since both words have the same meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Those are called Void Terrors.

I still think it's just a different name for the Beholder. Or, rather, a not really all that different name, since both words have the same meaning.
    This. Grats.

Heh, just going to be cheap reskins. They will have the exact same abilities with new names and they will do slightly more damage. This is Blizzards way of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    Heh, just going to be cheap reskins. They will have the exact same abilities with new names and they will do slightly more damage. This is Blizzards way of doing things.
    It says they deal more damage and have more powerful abilities.
    If that just meant "their abilities do more damage" then they wouldn't have bothered including it, the changes will be more than cosmetic.

We can't be certain yet whether they are simply a dps boost due to bigger numbers or whether they really do bring something else.
    While we can hope that they will be something new, I am perhaps a bit more sceptical in that bigger numbers would be an easier approach to balance, and therefore the most likely.

It might be best to look at the Unholy DKs Ghoul for this. The skills usually do roughly the same thing, but with lessened restrictions/other effects added on(Claw cleaves, the damage reduction no longer stuns him etc.).

I kinda wonder if these stronger demons will use the base demons "personal" name, or get their own... and if the latter, whether that will change when you temporarily change Grimoires.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It might be best to look at the Unholy DKs Ghoul for this. The skills usually do roughly the same thing, but with lessened restrictions/other effects added on(Claw cleaves, the damage reduction no longer stuns him etc.).

I kinda wonder if these stronger demons will use the base demons "personal" name, or get their own... and if the latter, whether that will change when you temporarily change Grimoires.
    Good question on the name change.
    Would rely on one thing though.
    Whether they are simply evolved because of the talent, much like the transformation for the ghoul or whether they are actual replacements summoned in their place.
    If simply evolved or enhanced then their name may not change, but it should if it was a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be replacements, not 'evolved' versions. Shivan are a different species to Sayaad (Succubi), as are Eredar (Wrathguard) to Mo'arg (Felguard).

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They should be replacements, not 'evolved' versions. Shivan are a different species to Sayaad (Succubi), as are Eredar (Wrathguard) to Mo'arg (Felguard).
    Well they were asking for Warlocks to suggest new spells for these upgraded demons on the official Lock forums, so I think we can assume they'll have some new tricks up their sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    Every time some one incorrectly uses the term "reskin" a random PuG will wipe. Do the right thing....save the PuGs.

I think the better demons are as strong as exotic beastermaster pets
    Maybe the improved imp gets a timewarp
    Maybe Felhunter gets a slow
    and so on..

Does sound cool, and not over-complicated either. I enjoy my warlock alt quite a bit ATM, but the current system does feel a little wonky...certainly cleaner than the way warlocks used to be, but while the class isn't exactly hard, there are a lot of things that are unnecessarily more complicated than they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Faethor-DieNachtwache View Post
    and so on..
    Ooooh this is something I hadn't considered. Man, it would be amazing to get similar raid buff/debuff utility as beasmaster hunters ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Faethor-DieNachtwache View Post
    and so on..
    Oh man... do definitely want.

Yay, no more stripper pets for you!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Wouldn't the uber pets having time warp, etc. completely stomp on the design space of Beast Master hunters?