Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shitcook View Post
    So all spell power is tranformed into agility ?
    So this is a new exsuce , for having low healing in MoP pvp ?
    And we cant still have multiply LB (like a real hotmaster) , while Pirest remain the ability to spam shields ?
    And still LB need 3 stack , to be a <<complete> spell once again ?
    We already have low healing > for cc abilitys , while lower armor > cause of our mobility .
    We cant afford once again any more weaknesses ....
    Oh well an other fine expanion for resto druids

EU- Vergin-Draenor

+++ They want to bring back TBC druid model , atleast to be par with rshamans in 2v2 , while the current shape in bgs and 3v3 , will be the same as now (cataclysm).
    You read it wrong. Those passive abilities are basically 100% Intellect -> Agility (or Intellect=Agility) for casters and 100% Agility -> Intellect for Ferals (or Agility=Intellect)

It is like today's Spirit=Hit talents or the plate tank's Strength-> Parry without losing the first.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mormolyce View Post
    disengage. Giant flying laser-chicken basically.
    hell yeah ;d

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is already complaining.
    What else should one do on an internet forum? :O

I'm not getting Dream of Cenarius. You spend a spell you don't want to use (damage if healing, healing if dps) to buff a spell you do want to use by... 30%. 30 second icd. That seems stupid. That's not something that would ever be a d/hps increase to use, so you would only get it if you were in a lull in the fight and you wanted to preemptively buff yourself.

That would be fine if Druids got that ability passive, but it's competing for a talent slot. Granted, it's competing with Heart of the Wild, but that's at least a decent "oh shit" button, and both of them are competing with Disentanglement, which is a 20% self heal every 30 seconds.

So... basically... Dream of Cenarius is just utterly stupid and doesn't even bother trying to compete for its spot in the talent tree.

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kilani View Post
    Ok so, here is my take on the new Druid Talents as a restoration Druid, and to be completely honest all I can really say is just...

I'm at a loss... its THAT frustrating as a Resto Druid

Well go by Tier:

snip
    You're completely misunderstanding the point of talents in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Loharl View Post
    anyone notice that treants are usable in all forms and do different things? :O
    It was like that before the update too.
    ಠ_ಠ

As a feral who mainly PvP but also do PvE:

- Savage Roar... still is the old one... why? It was a pain to maintain, specially when chain-cc'ed, and not doing so it's a huge damage loss -.-. I like the actual design better. This ability is really dissapointing.
    - Mangle vs Claw: Now that Mangle doesn't increase bleed damage there's no point in having both. Just give us one (Mangle probably, but I like better Claw) for the whole class.
    - Nurturing Instinct: Why it doesn't just grant Intellect equal to our Agility just like Killer Instinct does the other way? I like Moonfire too, even if I'm feral.
    - Predatory Switness is now a % chance... awesome...
    - Leader of the Pack still needing a crit every 6 segs to make it fully effective...
    - No Lifebloom or Regrowth as a trade for that Rejuvenation... the other "hybrids" still got their flash healing spell...
    - Cat Form: 100% extra autoattack damage and 15% extra movement speed... It's something.
    - Bear Hug: baseline. I like this one.
    - Innervate: Useful again as a feral.
    - No Remove Corruption for melee druids?
    - Thorns: I. want. them. back. NOW.
    - With the removal of Survival Instincts and Frenzied Regeneration from Feral spec I'm really worried about our survival.

Talents:
    - Feline Swiftness... Seriously?
    - Displacer Beast... why it doesn't remove DoT's anymore??? T_T
    - Wild Charge... T_T This should be baseline... I want Displacer Beast too, but Wild Charge is much useful...

- Faerie Swarm: This talent is weird. Feral get Infected Wounds baseline, so it's an unuseful talent for 1 spec.
    - Mass Entanglement: Interesting change.
    - Typhon: I'll still get this one.

- Soul of the Forest: this spell looks nice for the caster druids, but for both melees seems really weak.
    - Incarnation: There's no reason to no pick this one over the other 2.
    - Force of Nature: still no info provided.

- Disorienting Roar vs. Ursol's Vortex: it's hard to tell which one to pick, they both looks awesome. I like Vortex best just because it can be used from far away.
    - Might Bash: I won't pick this one. I have Pounce, Maim and Bear Hug (and War Stomp) I don't need more stuns.

- Heart of the Wild: Burst support.
    - Dream of Cenarius: Constant support. I'm not sure if both effect (the healing and damaging ones) stack or you can only have one of them every 30 sec.
    - Disentanglement: PvP Feral's Wet Dream come true and improved

TL;DR: I like some of the changes but.. I don't know, I'm not sure that much hybridism is gonna work ok. I'm totally disappointed with Savage Roar.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2012-02-16 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    snip
    - Dream of Cenarius: Constant support. I'm not sure if both effect (the healing and damaging ones) stack or you can only have one of them every 30 sec.
    snip
    I think you're missing the "next spell" part of the tooltip. It's not "case wrath once and get a 30% healing buff to everything you do for the next 30 seconds." It's "cast wrath once and your next healing touch does 30% more healing for one single cast."
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    You're completely misunderstanding the point of talents in MoP.
    If most of the talents available are quite useless to one spec, then it stands to reason that, for those that play that spec, it would be frustrating when everyone playing the others specs gets a few nice toys, honestly if they switched "Typhoon" with "Force of Nature" I'd be happy as a clam.
    Last edited by Kilani; 2012-02-16 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    I think you're missing the "next spell" part of the tooltip. It's not "case wrath once and get a 30% healing buff to everything you do for the next 30 seconds." It's "cast wrath once and your next healing touch does 30% more healing for one single cast."
    I understood it completely. By constant I meant it is a fairly low cd and you can do it a lot of times in a fight boss or arena or whatever. What I'm not sure about is if we'll be able to do both effects in a 30 sec period (+30% healing, and +30% damage) or only one of them.

I really didnt see anything really useful for PvE kitties, kinda disapointed thus far.
    My DH:Qrky

As a PVE boomkin I can see 1 or 2 that look ok but the rest look like garbage, especially the last tier.
    I mean were's our dps cooldown to compete with other class's as we have none? I dont play a druid to be a Hybrid I play it to dps or tank or heal. :<
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Deleted
    As a mainspec resto i am ... concerned.
    I am also a bit worried about that 8 sec cd on dispell and 50% faster cast after swiftmend?
    Only viable choice would be healing touch but it does not heals that much to be livesaver anyway.
    So far i am very very concerned as resto. And healing shrooms?
    God no, PLEASE no! I absolutely despise any "place thing on ground it does something" concept.
    I disliked shrooms for moonkin already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teva View Post
    As a PVE boomkin I can see 1 or 2 that look ok but the rest look like garbage, especially the last tier.
    I mean were's our dps cooldown to compete with other class's as we have none? I dont play a druid to be a Hybrid I play it to dps or tank or heal. :<
    Check the Balance spec spells from the list right next to the calculator and BOOOOM; Wild Celestial Alignment appears. We now have a CD. Also, Incarnation seems to be quite decent for extra DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    As a resto druid, with no wish to dps or tank (got other chars for that):
    I'm not really bothered for anything in the first tier, all 3 in tier two could be useful,
    I'm mainspec resto too, that movement speed boost sounds nice. Tier 5? *zzzz*

What's this though? Malfurion's Gift -- decreases Tranq cooldown to 3 mins? What is it before level 82? :/

Symbiosis seems cool.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not a fan of Ironbark. I think it's very underwhelming and the fact we have to give up our Barkskin for it isn't really fair. Holy Priests Divine Hymn is already better then Tranquility, I was expecting something at least as good as Guardian Spirit, not a slightly-worse-than Hand of Sacrifice.

I feel that blizzard need to have all the druid spec test this talent tree.

I just feel disappointed with them however i am happy that Wild Charge was move to Tier 1.

I just think blizzard should just make Feline Swiftness as a base line for druid as Hit and Run type of class.

Each tier need to work with all four spec.

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eadoin View Post
    I'm still not a fan of Ironbark. I think it's very underwhelming and the fact we have to give up our Barkskin for it isn't really fair. Holy Priests Divine Hymn is already better then Tranquility, I was expecting something at least as good as Guardian Spirit, not a slightly-worse-than Hand of Sacrifice.
    Ironbark is the same as Barkskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilani View Post
    If most of the talents available are quite useless to one spec, then it stands to reason that, for those that play that spec, it would be frustrating when everyone playing the others specs gets a few nice toys, honestly if they switched "Typhoon" with "Force of Nature" I'd be happy as a clam.
    It's not as though things are any "better" for pures though. Take mages for example.
    T1: Movement Damage
    T2: Survival
    T3: Survival
    T4 Survival
    T5: AoE Damage
    T6: Damage

Mages are gonna complain that all but T5 and 6 are useless to them. Are they? Of course not, because MoP talents aren't about increasing your dps/hps/survivability for dps/healers/tanks.

Stop looking at the talents expecting to see "Spell that does 900 fucking thousand damage (or healing, or shielding) on a 1 second cast with no cooldown!!!!!1"
    Look at the talents, and look for situations where the ones you have would be useful.
    Resto's don't like our Tier 1. I'm baffled by that. FS increases base movement speed. That's awesome all the time. DB is a vanish. That's situational, but useful-ish as wipe prevention/group resurrection in 5 mans, or if you're leveling on a PvP server. Wild Charge, now you don't have to run to get out of bad stuff on the ground. You just jump to somebody else. With a 15 second cooldown, you'd basically never have to move yourself.

Ferals complain about T2: Ya, a free 30% heal is something to complain about. Who cares if it doesn't increase your damage, your dps when you're dead is 0.
    T3 is kinda pretty lame to everyone but PvPers. ME on a 2 minute cooldown is too long for PvE CC usage. Typhoon is marginally useful for PvE restos and moonkins to get stray adds off them.
    I don't think anybody complains about T4.
    T5 is an interesting tier, bears can pull mobs to them, moonkin and restos choose between an aoe disorient or a single target stun. Both are pretty cool. Ferals will probably choose between the pull while leveling, and the stun or the disorient otherwise. More stuns are never a bad thing, I don't care who you are or what you do. You just have to be good enough to use them.
    T6 is... disappointing for a final tier, but HotW is a good "oh shit" button, and disentanglement is a nearly free 20% heal on a 30 second icd. That's good for everybody, I don't care what the hell you do. Remember, your dps when you're dead is 0.

Sure, the only tier most people will look forward to is T4, but if that's all you're looking at, you're being incredibly narrow-minded. Sure, some of the talents are pretty much complete garbage (Dream of Cenarius and Faerie Swarm, I'm looking at you two), but almost all the talents are good for almost all of the specs in some way or another. Be creative. These are extras, we basically get the current talents for free while leveling.
    ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    As a feral who mainly PvP but also do PvE:

- Savage Roar... still is the old one... why? It was a pain to maintain, specially when chain-cc'ed, and not doing so it's a huge damage loss -.-. I like the actual design better. This ability is really dissapointing.
    - Predatory Switness is now a % chance... awesome...
    Couldnt agree more with this SR change, absolutly hated this back in a day, pvp or pve.
    Even now PS is % based, 20% per combo point so i assume it will remain the same, 5cp = 100% chance to proc PS
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

I am really starting to believe that a lot fo people are not getting the point of these talents (not really a tree anymore). Blizzard has stated time and time again that they want people to have real choice, and you can see that with the talents they have posted. I will give explanations through the talents.

First Tier:
    This tier is obviously the movement tier, which as anyone should know, any way you can move to where you want to be faster is always a bonus (with the exception is a stand still fight)
    Feline swiftness - Constant movement speed increase. Useful for everyone.
    Displacer Beast - Interesting and a blink type move. From the forced Cat form and prowl, aimed for Feral Druids. Could be useful as a threat dump or escape mechanism for others, we don't know yet.
    Wild Charge - A spec dependant/form dependant ability, and effectively replaces Feral Charge. This is talent has immense potential, and is the most situation and user dependant.
    Personal choice: I would choose between Feline Swiftness or Wild Charge, tough choice though

Tier 2
    The healing tier + nature's swiftness. Almost any Druid will agree that a healing ability is very useful if its potent enough and especially if it can be used in form.
    Nature's Swiftness - A very situational ability. It can give you the option of instant CC or Heal, plus an empowerment of the chosen spell. Has great potential.
    Renewal - A super potion! Who doesn't want one of those? A decent cooldown, and also situational, but its still 30% health, a huge chunk for anyone.
    Cenarion Ward - a preemptive heal, with a small-ish cooldown. Balance dependant, and very strong for Resto as an additional heal. We need to know if its off the GDC
    Personal Choice: Cenarion Ward for the sole reason because I have a problem knowing when the appropriate time for a long healing cooldown.

Tier 3
    CC/Snare tier, selecting from a mass knockback, AoE root, or long range single target snare. Snares can have their place in PvE, and always will have a place in PvP.
    Faerie Swarm - The long range snare and armor reduction. Can be good for catching up to someone, preventing escape or slowing an add.
    Mass Entanglement - The AoE root. Alright, what balance druid hasn't ever wanted this to be true! We had it in Beta and cried to see it go. Usability in all forms is gravy for everyone.
    Typhoon - Moonkins are very familiar with this. Daze and knockback is essential for the caster druids, and can have its place for another druid wanting to be more protective of teammates.
    Personal Choice: To be honest the decision is tough, and people may find this tier very lack-luster but is still a strong tier. For me, its all dependant on what i will be doing at the time.

Tier 4
    The empowering tier! The better you you have always wanted! Everyone will look forward to this tier.
    Soul of the Forest - From what it looks like, this will be more a small, quick and consistent bonus for everyone. Bears also have to start thinking in rage as their mitigation (hopefully) and its (hopefully) importance.
    Incarnation - Super-30-second-be-a-beast-at-what-your-doing talent.. except bears, wont really help with mitigation, but only dps.
    Force of Nature - this one is hard, since we have no idea what will be going on with them. We might be able to assume that it will act like Gaurdian of Ancient Kings
    Personal Choice: for me, if i need burst, ill take either Incarnation or Force of Nature. If burst isn't necessary, I'll take Soul.

Tier 5
    The bear tier. These are also like tier 3, being situational CC/Control abilities. All have their uses for PvP, and situational uses in PvE.
    Disorienting Roar - AoE CC like Psychic Scream.
    Ursol's Vortex - AoE Death Grip!
    Mighty Bash - small-ish cooldown medium length stun.
    Personal Choice: Once again, it comes down to situation and which one will be more useful.

Tier 6
    This tier has seen the most flack. Most druids are use to playing a spec like a whole class themselves. Their used to single roles. This tier wants to shake this up, but also give things for people not quite into that play style.
    Heart of the Wild - Allows a druid of a certain spec to be able to do something close to another druid of a different spec. For example, this talent allows a bear to dps more effectively than usual, but not so much so as to pass a Feral druid. This talent really just gives you the option of choice of what you need to do to support your group in a pinch for 45 seconds.
    Dream of Cenarius - This is mainly aimed at Balance and Resto play, since there isn't a Feral ability that is apart of the description. This is the median between hybrid play, and non-hybrid play. The damage to healing component is useful for a large heal in a pinch and has great synergy with Nature's Swiftness. The healing to damage can be useful for an added chunk of damage to an ability for burst.
    Disentanglement - Shift play with a nice bonus of a heal in a pinch. Combined with Renewal, you can get half of your health back, and save your skin. Get those roots off of ya!
    Personal Choice: I will almost always go with Heart of the Wild. I want to be able to do everything at any moment!!!! If I ever go resto, its a 50/50 split between Dream of Cenarius.

All in all these talents are solid, there are times where they will be useless, there will be times where they are perfect. Blizz has never stated that they want all talents to be useful in all situations, but they want choice. They have definitely given the choice.
    If you truly read and think about it, this explains the reason for an immense amount of things...
    -nobody panics when things go "according to plan", even if the plan is horrifying! If tomorrow i tell the press if a gang-banger will get shot or a truck load of soliders will be blown up; no body panics. Its all apart of "The Plan". But if i say that one, little, old mayor will die, well then everyone losses their minds!
    "Those that criticize our generation forget who raised it"

Well. I completely fell in love with it as I went through it, and instantly decided to finish leveling my druid. Unless a lot happens to this in the time before MoP, i will be resto druid as main come the next expansion.

The utility and playstyle choices here are awesome, and I love hybridism!

Savage Roar, Feral Swiftness, Charge nerf all are a huge step backward for (pve) cats. There are no new skill, let alone no interesting new skill. Tier 6 talents are honestly a joke. The only useful and game changing thing is Soul of the Forest (+2 energy per cb points on finishers), which is on the same tier as Incarnation and Force of Nature.
    Not to QQ but feral is pretty screwed and I unfortunatly think blizzard does not know what they are doing with feral (if ever). Meanwhile, rogue get useful talents like the one raising to 10 the max combo points available, etc etc