Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    I'm still laughing at the people who think my ISP had anything to do with why I was auto-hearthed.

GG, guys.
    Your internet connection disconn'd you twice in a short period...thus triggering the mechanism.
    When you don't lose conn...repeatedly...does the game randomly port you to Dalaran?

Deleted
    Ah, another self entitled asshole. Herp ma derp my shitty connection dropped out several times, I BLAME BLIZZ HERPMADERP QQ.

You are heartstoned so another person could take up the raidspot.
    A dc'd character in a raid still takes up one of the 10/25 spots, making people unable to replace them.
    THis is why the auto-HS exists, and has existed for ages.

Infracted for insulting other users - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-02-16 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    The auto HS feature is to avoid your char being stuck, you login and get instantly dc'd again, the game assumes something is broken and puts you in dalaran/stormwind (depending where the raid is located, had this occur with the whole jumping bug on NEF hc and got dropped in SW behind the graveyard).
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its not for no reason. The way it works is you get "auto-hearthed" if the server can't determine where you belong, or for some reason can't place you there. Its a fall back mechanic instead of having your character sit in limbo. It can happen sometimes when in-combat and you get a string of disconnects right in a row. Its a safety measure instead of having your character stuck.
    These two, yes. I think you would much rather be ported out than get stuck like our guild did. Instance server crashed during a raid, we all tried to log back in and got instantly disconnected multiple times. I wish it would have hearthed us, instead we had a 25 man raid stuck in SSC for 3 days before GM's got to our ticket to get us out individually.

More or less the problem was the disconnection, the port is Blizz's solution to make sure you can get back into the game. I understand your anger, but at the same time there isn't much that you can do about it. Crap happens, it wasn't Blizzards "fault." You know you were there, they know you were there, you were a part of it and an achievement or lack there of is not going to make that any more or less real.

Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    You are heartstoned so another person could take up the raidspot.
    A dc'd character in a raid still takes up one of the 10/25 spots, making people unable to replace them.
    THis is why the auto-HS exists, and has existed for ages.
    o.O If someone DC's you just toss them out of the raid group and you're good...even then I thought that if someone DC's and you wait the 20 seconds that a logout takes you can get another in without having to remove them. They just get ported when they log back on because the raid is full.
    Last edited by evoco; 2012-02-16 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    Actually the issue is between you and blizzard. ATT.NET has had issues with drops in their global communications for a couple years now. It is only noticeable in applications that require a 100% uptime
    I never said I used ATT. Maybe I am indirectly. My Wow stability is a lot worse after Cata. Blame it on my ISP, ATT, myself, my PC, my cat, my neighbour, but why not also possilbly blame it on Blizzard? If ATT can be at fault, why not Blizzard also? They are not perfect.

If you have not noticed, waterwalking is also very glitchy now. I can stay still and sometime, I would fall underwater. Again, this happened after Cata.

I am not saying they are at fault but neither am I saying they are not at fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck man. Why can't you just be happy for your guild on getting the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    At least you got to Dalaran. In the old days we got ported to the middle of the nowhere. Literally.
    Yeah I used to be ported to Crossroads Graveyard. Not sure why there, but that has happened more than once to me when I had DC issues.

Once in LK I stoned to respec, got into raid and DC'd, logged in and DC'd during the loading screen. When I logged back in I was in Crossroads GY DEAD. My body was in raid - Naxx, but my ghost was in crossroads GY. I had to spirit rez with 2 PVE sets and PvP set in my bag. Since my stone was down and they were in combat I had sit and wait for a summon.

So yeah stuff like this has happened before and will happen again.
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Quit being a baby and be happy you at least killed it?

Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    I'm still laughing at the people who think my ISP had anything to do with why I was auto-hearthed.

GG, guys.
    You don't think it's a strange coincidence that when you were disconnected twice in rapid succession from your ISP, once on a loading screen.. that this might be related to why your character was suddenly sent to Dalaran out of the blue? You don't see a link there?

My understanding is the 'auto hearth' feature is the servers way of running home to moma when it doesn't know where a character is supposed to be in the game world. And you being disconnected once and then disconnected again on a loading screen probably triggered that 'oh crap!' response from the server and viola.. you found yourself in Dalaran.

Don't ask me how it works or why, I don't work at Blizzard. It may even be to prevent people duping items or trying to hack the game in some way.

But as sure as I am, your disconnections were the reason it happened. Accept it was your connection at fault and move on. Get the achievement next time.

Well, bad luck is pretty much everything anyone can say here at the forum.
    If your internet connection breaks up during login, wow assumes there might be something wrong with your position in the world, and teleports you to your hearth's location on your next login.

But on a side note: What exactly are you doing with second tank at zonnozz?

If you get disconnected in the Dragon Soul raid it seems more than just 'anti-wiping tactics' implemented by Blizzard. In fact... It seems like a huge bug or a silly mechanic by Blizzard. I've disconnected in raids many times before DS was ever released, and I logged back in once, got back into the fight no issue. I have ~never~ been ported out via my hearth, even with a lot of repeated D/C's for that matter.

Except for DS. If I get disconnected during a fight, upon logging back in, I (usually) get a second disconnect. This was not my ISP's fault. My internet will occasionally kick me and lag but that is rare and when it falls into a disconnect, it is usually only one -- boss fight or not. It's an issue with the DS raid that kicks you out and sends you hearthing out. I am not sure the cause, but it certainly lost me the ability to loot the Madness of Deathwing fight for a week on LFR because I was locked out... Always fun seeing the loot you can't get. I can imagine it's even moreso frustrating for normal/heroic raiders.

I always thought the auto hearth mechanic was just something that happens if the game can't figure out where you are so it just loads you at your home. Its only happened to me when I DC during a loading screen...when I'm stuck in limbo.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are very valid reasons why the auto-hearth is in place for disconnects, whether it is to stop people from exploiting during encounters or simply so that your entire raid doesn't get punished when you d/c for good and they are down a player the rest of the night.

But as this thread has mostly devolved into bickering back and forth I'm going to lock it.