Question A Desire to Improve.....

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azuremyst/Nicksaban/advanced

So I just recently got back into Warcraft after over two years off. My four buddies have played for the two years and finally talked me back into it during New Years.

Well, I quested to level 85 and they made me gear to get ready for heroic Twilights and then I gathered more gear and we've been doing RaidFinder.

My issue is this....

I really want to improve. Honestly. It's been fun, but I feel like I may not be holding up my end of the bargain DPS wise.
    When we Raid I usually finish about 11th-15th
    When we do Heroic Twilights, i'm usually 4th Overall but easily jump to 3rd and sometimes 2nd during boss fights.

One buddy is a Mage - and he tops DPS normally, and another is a hunter when he's not healing and just last night he won two drops off a RaidFinder boss (bow & polearm), well, three if you count that he won BOTH bows since there wasn't another Hunter! So he and the Mage were pretty much fighting each other and I was just enjoying not getting any drops!

I use clcret right now, and I'm at work so I can't list my rotation, but in searching the forums I think I have the correct one for pre2pc T13.
    Is there a "best" rotation I could be using since I'm pre-2pc t13???
    Or do i need to change to clcinfo, cause I still get confused on whether clcret roations and clcinfo rotations are interchangeable??!

I'm gonna get on these enchants for my cloak, bracers and leggings since I doubt i'll be replacing them anytime soon. But that Vicious Pyrium Breastplate, man i've had that forever, but i'll replace it when I replace it! I've been Valor capping weekly for a while now but still would like to know if anyone has an opinion on how many RaidFinder Tier pieces to try and collect. Is it worth it to try to get all four? Or just the two to have judgement create a holy power?? Bones of the Damned would be nice upgrade, or should I wait for the Tier13 Chestpiece??

And I know there's not a specific "number" that all Rets should be hitting, but is there a rough estimate, if I'm whacking on the Raid dummy in Stormwind what should be popping up??

Last night we were talking about maybe finding another small guild like us (we have 6 people, 5 who raid) who might be interested in working together to get some 10 mans going.
    IF that were to happen, I just want to be able to not be the weak link!!

Thanks so much for your time,
    Roll Tide!!!

The 2p and 4p are both really good DPS bumps and you should try for them for sure, even if its the LFR 384 versions only. Until you get those though I don't see any problem picking up off pieces for valor.I'd get the valor ring before the chest then I would get the chest if you have not gotten tier. Clcret and clcinfo use the same rotations (only really afected by t13)....Without 2p T13 I believe the rotation should look something like Inq > 3HP TV > CS > Exo (D/UD) > DP TV > Exo > HoW > J > HW > Cons (someone will correct this if I'm wrong but I believe its correct).

I hardly ever do dummy testing anymore with LFR (and Ultraxion haha) so easily available, but I'd say it should be somewhere around 18-20k.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2012-02-18 at 02:13 PM.

"No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced