Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Spire of Coagulated Globules] vs [Kiril, Fury of Beasts]

I would like really quick ansewr on which weapon is best for tanking.
    [Spire of Coagulated Globules] heroic vs [Kiril, Fury of Beasts] LFR

I don't main a feral Druid tank but I would tend towards 100 agility, 200 stamina, 400 mastery and 266 hit reforged to something else outweighing a proc...especially as a tank. Consistency is nice. And when you have it as an option as a feral Druid, i personally would take it.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Heroic Spire is much better than LFR Kiril.

Heroic Spire is definitely better. Even regular Spine is a contender against Raid Finder Kiril.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i personally cant stand shitty gimmicky proccy shit (twatty firekitty staff im lookin at you, fekkin hated that staff ;p) that normally procs at the most useless times and becomes of no use ;p i prefer to know whats what than rely on a proc.. i got normal spire so i wont even bother with kiril if i ever got the chance.. (i got the lfr kiril but it sits nicely in me bag ;p)
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

H kiril > h spire > kiril > spire > h fandrals > lfr kiril

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    would it also depend on the fight your using the weaps on????

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    H kiril > h spire > kiril > spire > h fandrals > lfr kiril
    For bear, this is incorrect.

H kiril > N kiril > H spire > LFR kirl > N spire > H fandrals

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    could you explain why?? does it matter whether your main tank or off tank?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    For bear, this is incorrect.

H kiril > N kiril > H spire > LFR kirl > N spire > H fandrals
    for bear it's subjective. random procs are random. 700 bonus armor + random agility proc is less likely to spare a tankdeath than 409mastery + 106 dodge + 160hit + 52 stam + 15agi + whatever you do with the red socket. IMO

and if you're offtank, then H spire > N kiril easily for your kitty dps.

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    could you explain why?? does it matter whether your main tank or off tank?
    I cannot explain it; I am more or less just quoting what the bear theorycrafters have reported. If you aren't a main tank, then it could vary, depending on the amount of time you are in cat vs bear.

for bear it's subjective. random procs are random. 700 bonus armor + random agility proc is less likely to spare a tankdeath than 409mastery + 106 dodge + 160hit + 52 stam + 15agi + whatever you do with the red socket. IMO

and if you're offtank, then H spire > N kiril easily for your kitty dps.
    Random does not mean it is a bad proc. I'm sure the stat differences were taken into account when Kiril was determined to be better. A respected theorycrafter probably knows more about it than someone who just says "imo spire is better", to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    Random does not mean it is a bad proc. I'm sure the stat differences were taken into account when Kiril was determined to be better. A respected theorycrafter probably knows more about it than someone who just says "imo spire is better", to me anyway.
    Nice appeal to authority. Instead of actually discussing it you should just link to your preferred theorycrafting site and call it a day. Just as useful.

If your theorycrafters had the option of Kiril's proc, or the average agility provided by said proc, they would all choose the average agility. Random procs are lackluster for tanks.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea i dont really pay much attention to most theory crafters tbh (i fekkin hate elitist jerks and havent used them for a loooong time ;p they talk too much shit for me lol), but for me personally id prefer either static stats or on use abilities as a tank over procs that may or may not benefit you..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elitiest jerks actually use math (which this game is heavily based on) to determine all the shit they spew out and test shit out. That is not theory crafting.
    Last edited by rated; 2012-02-17 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Elitiest jerks actually use math (which this game is heavily based on) to determine all the shit they spew out and test shit out. That is not theory crafting.
    It's the definition of theorycrafting, and there's nothing wrong with theorycrafting. I'm sure the math points to Kiril reducing damage taken more than spire. That doesn't mean Kiril is better, because reducing damage taken in the long run isn't your only goal as a tank. Holding aggro and avoiding death are your primary goals, and reducing damage taken in the long run doesn't necessarily equate to avoiding death. (We can all agree aggro is a non-issue currently though)

No it doesnt help avoid death, but if it does reduce the damage taken more in the long run, that means more mana for your healers, and the more gcd's they have to use on players other then the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kageromero View Post
    No it doesnt help avoid death, but if it does reduce the damage taken more in the long run, that means more mana for your healers, and the more gcd's they have to use on players other then the tank
    potentially yes, but this is mitigated in practice by aoe/passive healing, a lot of which is generally overheal. there's definitely value in reducing overall damage taken, even when it's not life-threatening, but I just think the value is being overestimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys forgetting Kirils has armor? Iirc the #1 damage reducing stat. That in itself makes up for the lack of secondary stats. Personally I would listen to the theorycrafters, you don't have to like them, just realize they spend god knows how much time doing actual math and simulations to come to conclusion. Are sims the same as the actual game? No, but I'll take a sim's opinion over "I leik dis one cuz is kewler"

Quote Originally Posted by celionaria View Post
    Are you guys forgetting Kirils has armor? Iirc the #1 damage reducing stat. That in itself makes up for the lack of secondary stats. Personally I would listen to the theorycrafters, you don't have to like them, just realize they spend god knows how much time doing actual math and simulations to come to conclusion. Are sims the same as the actual game? No, but I'll take a sim's opinion over "I leik dis one cuz is kewler"
    Yes the 700 armor is nice. I know it doesn't scale with our +10% from leather/cloth modifier, but does it scale with the +78% from thick hide? the wording makes it seems like it does but I'm not sure.

Nice appeal to authority. Instead of actually discussing it you should just link to your preferred theorycrafting site and call it a day. Just as useful.

If your theorycrafters had the option of Kiril's proc, or the average agility provided by said proc, they would all choose the average agility. Random procs are lackluster for tanks.
    And where are you getting your information from, then? Your anecdotal experience?

The reason I didn't discuss it is because I am reporting the results, I had no part in nor did I review the math/reasoning behind the results. If you wish to discuss it, I recommend visiting www.theincbear.com. They possess more knowledge on this than I do (and you as well).
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2012-02-17 at 07:58 PM.