Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Rave Master near the end with Sieg Hart. That made me shed a single manly tear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
    The ending of Elfen Lied
    Manga version or anime? since they differ ALLOT, the manga version is by far much sadder.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Uh... I really can't name a specific exactly. The only anime I really follow is One Piece, and I usually wait a year in-between each time I check to get a nice backlog set up, so I really don't know about the very recent...

But frikken Oda, man. There can't go 5 chapters in that series without something soul-crushingly sad happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Butterfree leaves Ash:

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Manga version or anime? since they differ ALLOT, the manga version is by far much sadder.
    The manga should have specified anime ending was pretty bad

I'd have expected to see 5cm/s mentioned by now. No matter, Clannad easily tops my list as well.

Just finished watching "We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Hi-YQ2tOE
    Ever squish your face on a window?
    It looks funny. Ever got it stuck?

The ending of AIR. Hands-down.

EF: A Tale of Memories and A Tale of Melodies had some sad moments in it. Other than that the typical Clannad After Story and Angel Beats.

Deleted
    Grave of the Fireflies

i got teary-eyed when jiraiya died

I have not seen any of the animes listed above, but for me (since I dont watch much anime), it would have to be in Fullmetal Alchemist during the episode "Night of the Chimera's Cry". When you find out what the second chimera is, I let out a single manly tear. It just got to me...

Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    When Butterfree leaves Ash:
    or during the movie when ash gets turned into stone

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

WARNING! Contains Death Note and Naruto spoilers!
    The death of L
    The death of the third Hokage

10+ Year Old Account
    the ending of GA-REI: Zero anime or shortly after Triela killed Pinocchio in gunslinger girl

Clannad and its sequel have probably some of the saddest moments ive ever seen. besides that there are a few other series that have similar tear jerking parts.

almost forgot the saddest to me, the ending of code geass
    SPOILER
    Last edited by Senbo; 2012-02-17 at 05:58 PM.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 10. Just... episode 10.

Also every other episode of Angel Beats tends to throw something really depressing at you. The main chick's backstory plus the flashback episode that shows how the main hero actually died and the episode before that with his sister.

I don't find Lelouch's death all that sad since I totally called it episodes earlier. Euphy and Shirley's deaths though, those were depressing.

Clannad hands-down.
    Also, agreed on Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

How about this tho?;

My favourite anime lost the favourite character of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the end of Fate, Stay Night for me. I cried, I wont lie, why couldn't they just be together.

Then all the times afterwards...
    D:
    Skelington cried. Watching it again still makes him sad.

And Elfen Lied ending was pretty sad. And there were probably a lot of other things he can't think of.