Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Revenge is for the weak and emo.
    Utter rubbish, revenge can take guts. Emo's dont take revenge they just go off and seek attention.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Utter rubbish, revenge can take guts. Emo's dont take revenge they just go off and seek attention.
    No, revenge just takes bitterness, resentment, feelings of deep rejection, hurt, pain, etc... and all those emotions are a sign of weakness.

Vengeance is always wrong - I usually tend to get even with people though.

Deleted
    gives you a small absorb and does more damage than devastate

i took a guy's golf clubs until he gave me my money for doing some jobs. it was extra juicy when he started crying.

side note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjM9kwTmP54

payback is a bitch :P
    Last edited by Logonov; 2012-02-17 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone messes with me a little or not that much i most likely wont care, but if someone goes for my life and i survive i would most likely go for blood.

Also go watch Payback! Great movie.

http://youtu.be/oXRaT5Bl3IA
    Last edited by Clockworks; 2012-02-17 at 07:29 PM.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

A man seeking revenge will end up digging two graves once he succeeds; one for his opponent, and another for himself.

I have always prided myself in being very level headed...the "get even don't get angry" type.

However yesterday my family has had an issue test us beyond many limits. A 23yr old pedophile has lured (via Facebook and phone calls) our 15 yr old granddaughter (really niaive) into running away and saying she is bashed at home (definitely not true) so the cops won't take her back. We have given the cops his name and showed them the obscene photos he sent her and it looks like nothing will be done officially ( at this stage anyway...still early days).

My two sons and myself will be paying the "lad" a visit (1400km away) to "discuss" things with him I think. Revenge or protecting? I don't care how it is labelled.

We are absolutely beside ourselves with worry to say nothing of the grief and angst her mother and family are going through.

it takes a lot of work to hold on to all those feelings that drive vengeance. usually im over it by the time opportunity knocks. but its always left a bad taste in my mouth when i have taken revenge. feels like you're just making an asshole of yourself because of the other person. its better to turn the other cheek imo.

Deleted
    Depends on the gravity of the wrong that's been done to you or yours, in my opinion. If someone hurt my family, I'd be incredibly restless until they were made to suffer a suitable punishment. And 7-8 years in prison is not a suitable punishment.

Good evening.

It kind of depends on the situation I guess. A manager of a company I did my internship at had a good story.

The GF of his son had sent her car to get fixed. She then got ripped of for something like 300 euro. The man, who has knowledge of engines which the problem was about, went to the place where they repaired it and got laughed out of the building.

He then decided to start a lawsuit cost him around 10.000 euro just to have the last laugh and he says it was the best money he had ever spent (he won obviously).

You all probably have similar stories of where you wished you had the money to press charges, so you be the judge . I say that these type of revenges can be sweet.

I think revenge is a dish best served with little effort. If some dude who ripped you off comes into your shop badly in need of a part to fix his broken car, all you have to do is smile evilly. Simple and satisfying.

But going out of your way to try and get back at him? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Good evening.

It kind of depends on the situation I guess. A manager of a company I did my internship at had a good story.
    Sounds boring - a good revenge for being ripped off would include burning houses and shops :P

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Sounds boring - a good revenge for being ripped off would include burning houses and shops :P
    Biting my tongue here (wondering if anybody gets that ).
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-02-17 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbugga View Post
    I have always prided myself in being very level headed...the "get even don't get angry" type.

However yesterday my family has had an issue test us beyond many limits. A 23yr old pedophile has lured (via Facebook and phone calls) our 15 yr old granddaughter (really niaive) into running away and saying she is bashed at home (definitely not true) so the cops won't take her back. We have given the cops his name and showed them the obscene photos he sent her and it looks like nothing will be done officially ( at this stage anyway...still early days).

My two sons and myself will be paying the "lad" a visit (1400km away) to "discuss" things with him I think. Revenge or protecting? I don't care how it is labelled.

We are absolutely beside ourselves with worry to say nothing of the grief and angst her mother and family are going through.
    Well.... that's a shitty situation. Beating the 23-year old senseless however, will get you all arrested, given a criminal record... and on top of that, the eternal hatred and resentment of your granddaughter.

That said, I'd also go for a non-violent visit, no question about that. But if she doesn't wanna come home, there's not too much you can do. Sometimes you have to let people make mistakes and learn from them on their own, as difficult as it may be to watch.

(Though I would definitely get the police involved!)

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

In my experience, revenge often ends up with you falling on your face and being embarrassed / shamed even more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Depends on the situation, but it does make you feel better sometimes and others you feel like a dick for doing it.

No!!! You go kill someone near and dear to them.
    nooo you kill them but quickly pop their eye out and turn it round so they watch themself die!

/sicktwistedshit!

Deleted
    When i was 12 i was annoyed by a bully for like 2 years.

On one day i broke his nose and kicked him in the lake, one of the best moments in my life and i didn't get punished either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
    There are alot of holes in the desert, and alot of problems buried in those holes.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn