Deleted

Deep Corruption stacks from thin air...

We're trying to defeat Yor'Sahj HC, but the tank keeps getting stacks, we don't know from where. He's healed by only 1 healer... we know which skill does stacks (from wowhead comment and other sources).
    Could anyone tell me where can I find the source of this debuff on wowlogs?

I am not sure if you can actually see the stacking buff in the log. You could simply check though which heals were coming in in the time frame you observed the additional stacks.

Deleted
    You can't see it being added in the logs. What you can do is post a log here and people will look through it and tell you what heals you cast that added stacks. I don't know what research you did but I'm sure you either missed something or your healers are doing something wrong, stacks don't materialize out of thin air.

10+ Year Old Account
    we had the same problem. If you have a Shadowpriest in your group, they may be causing it somehow.

Our healers noticed what when we had a shadow priest there were 3 misterious stacks they always saw before they even cast a heal. Last week we did it without our SP, it was a one shot, they never saw those stacks.

Sorry I cant help more. I am only the tank.

Deleted
    Here are the wowlogs
    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-fmcw0yen0f1s6yox/dashboard/?s=3629&e=3852
    Change space into "." before "com" (can't post links yet)

Could you please help me out on how to find it?

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 08:59 PM ----------

We've tried it just now, with Shadow Pray AFK Still stacks on TANK, so if it's not a passive SP ability, I'm afraid that's not it
    Here are the logs for this try:
    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-fmcw0yen0f1s6yox/dashboard/?s=6698&e=6851
    Tank got 5 stacks QUICKLY.
    Last edited by mmoc18c37368fb; 2012-02-17 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra View Post
    Here are the wowlogs
    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-fmcw0yen0f1s6yox/dashboard/?s=3629&e=3852
    Change space into "." before "com" (can't post links yet)

Could you please help me out on how to find it?

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 08:59 PM ----------

We've tried it just now, with Shadow Pray AFK Still stacks on TANK, so if it's not a passive SP ability, I'm afraid that's not it
    First things first, are you doing yellow+purple at the same time? If so then why?

Second of all I see your healers are casting Flash of Light and Healing Surge on the tank which is terrible. Healing Surge is a PoS that should never be cast in PvE and Flash of Light isn't worth adding stacks of purple. Neither of those spells should be used during any purple phase on this fight. Your Pally is also casting heals on the tank during purple while he has DP running. You are essentially wasting stacks of purple by casting weak as shit heals on the tank, it's no wonder you're having issues.

I don't quite remember if LoH adds a stack of purple, but either way you should never heal the tank on Yor with anything other than WoG, Divine Light or Greater Healing Wave.

Look:
    [19:43:59.130] Mattrix Word of Glory Mattrix +36260
    [19:43:59.876] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Void Bolt Mattrix 10506 (R: 2918)
    [19:43:59.904] Mattrix hits Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Parry
    [19:43:59.926] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping hits Mattrix Dodge
    [19:44:00.606] Mattrix Censure Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 5961
    [19:44:00.984] Mattrix Judgement of Truth Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 24664
    [19:44:00.984] Mattrix Seal of Truth Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 1469
    [19:44:00.984] Roszadok Divine Light Mattrix +16936 - DL with DP running, 50% less healing done
    [19:44:01.865] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Void Bolt Mattrix 8813 (A: 3007, R: 1459)
    [19:44:01.912] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Void Bolt Mattrix 80671 (R: 9959)
    [19:44:02.175] Raftus Earth Shield Mattrix +6548
    [19:44:02.175] Mattrix Crusader Strike Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 16462
    [19:44:02.175] Mattrix Seal of Truth Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 1524
    [19:44:02.258] Mattrix hits Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 6062
    [19:44:02.593] Mattrix Vindication Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Miss
    [19:44:02.593] Mattrix Seal of Truth Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 1443
    [19:44:03.457] Mattrix Censure Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 5961
    [19:44:03.796] Raftus Healing Surge Mattrix +*53615* - NEVER use Healing Surge, a GHW could have done 2.5x this healing
    [19:44:03.885] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Void Bolt Mattrix 16171 (R: 1996)
    [19:44:04.181] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping hits Mattrix Parry
    [19:44:04.220] Roszadok Word of Glory Mattrix +17390 - WoG not at 3 HoPo, potential healing wasted
    [19:44:04.613] Roszadok Beacon of Light Mattrix +8553
    [19:44:04.645] Mattrix Censure Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Miss
    [19:44:04.645] Mattrix hits Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 5121
    [19:44:05.015] Mattrix Seal of Truth Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 1433
    [19:44:05.015] Raftus Healing Surge Mattrix +23354 - Again
    [19:44:05.441] Mattrix Crusader Strike Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 16407
    [19:44:05.441] Mattrix Seal of Truth Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 1540
    [19:44:05.873] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping Void Bolt Mattrix 13083 (A: 3088, R: 1996)
    [19:44:06.192] Raftus Healing Surge Mattrix +*46844* - Again
    [19:44:06.298] Mattrix Censure Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 5960
    [19:44:06.573] Yor'sahj the Unsleeping hits Mattrix Dodge
    [19:44:07.044] Mattrix crits Yor'sahj the Unsleeping *11980*
    [19:44:07.341] Mattrix Deep Corruption Faustin 63275 (A: 21092, R: 9374)
    [19:44:07.399] Mattrix Deep Corruption Roszadok 91481 (O: 1523, R: 10334)
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-17 at 08:22 PM.

beacon tank, divine light raid, holy shock pets, wog tank, profit.

shaman just hit one ghw and he'll go from 3% to 100%. You should spend a lot of your time in purple sitting there making smart decisions NOT rapid fast healing panicking to get everyone up. Purple phase reminds me of early early t11 where blizzard wanted healer mana to matter and you actually put thought into what your next spell would be.

/end reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra View Post
    [/COLOR]We've tried it just now, with Shadow Pray AFK Still stacks on TANK, so if it's not a passive SP ability, I'm afraid that's not it
    Looking at this one:
    Code:
    Mattrix afflicted by Deep Corruption from Yor'sahj the Unsleeping
    Healing Stream Totem Healing Stream Totem Mattrix +2675
    Raftus Healing Wave Mattrix +13072
    Roszadok Beacon of Light Mattrix +9474
    Raftus Earth Shield Mattrix +*12772*
    Raftus Healing Wave Mattrix +*29777*
    Raftus Earthliving Mattrix +2567
    Roszadok Beacon of Light Mattrix +17817
    Raftus Healing Wave Mattrix +13411
    Raftus Earthliving Mattrix +*5250*
    Roszadok Beacon of Light Mattrix +17569
    Raftus Healing Surge Mattrix +*43118*
    Raftus Earth Shield Mattrix +6386
    Raftus Healing Surge Mattrix +20287
    Raftus Earthliving Mattrix +2270
    Mattrix Word of Glory Mattrix +*71244*
    Yor'sahj the Unsleeping's Deep Corruption fades from Mattrix
    Totem, Beacon, WoG, Earth Shield and Earthliving don't add stacks so...

Code:
    Mattrix afflicted by Deep Corruption from Yor'sahj the Unsleeping
    Raftus Healing Wave Mattrix +13072
    Raftus Healing Wave Mattrix +*29777*
    Raftus Healing Wave Mattrix +13411
    Raftus Healing Surge Mattrix +*43118*
    Raftus Healing Surge Mattrix +20287
    Yor'sahj the Unsleeping's Deep Corruption fades from Mattrix
    So there's 5 stacks.

Deleted
    Thank you very much for this analize! We'll try to fix all of the *mistakes*.

Keep your shaman on the tank (and only the shaman).
    Make the paladin heal the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have an Atonement Priest?

It turns out that every tick of Holy Fire stacks it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    Nope.

Let your paladin beacon the tank and spam Divine Lights on a pet.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Afrosaurus View Post
    WHAT? sorry but that's exactly what I just did, screamed.

Paladins are the most op healers on that fight by light years for many reasons.

To clear some stuff up on the shaman front and in general.

First of all the shaman is doing it all wrong, he should be using GHW and that spell only there is no exception to this unless tank is less than 4 stacks and it's less than 2 seconds from debuff re-applying (good time to use riptide).

Earth shield only gives a stack on application which means a earth shield healing the tank that was already on him before debuff applied will not give a stack.

Chain heal gives a stack on each player hit (extremely dangerous, STAY AWAY!)
    Healing Rain gives a stack on application of hidden aura (if u cast this everyone who's in it will recieve a stack, players who run in to it will also recieve a stack. Running in and out of healing rain generates stack on each enter. STAY AWAY!)

Earthliving (proc and hot) and/or healing stream totem, riptide hot ticks does not give a stack. Nor the shaman talent "Ancestral Awakening" proc

Lay on hands does not add a stack, and neither does beacon healing or word of glory (hence paladins being extremely good on tanks).

what was pointed out above me is also true, atonement does give a stack on heal from what I know

And yeah your healers definately suffer from lack of information on how to deal with purple and I highly suggest you to tell them all to go and read up on it or a general guide to yor'sahj
    Last edited by Postaldude; 2012-02-17 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, it was our healer's fault - he kept using stupid heals, like Healing Wave which was not on the list:
    wowhead com/spell=105171/deep-corruption#comments
    While he didn't read:
    "Keep in mind that all direct heals will add 1 stack of Deep Corruption. Direct heals are not listed below for that reason."

Yeah, no comment...

We've run the boss down to 8%, so we'll get that SoB on Monday Thanks everyone for your input!

Just have the Paladin healer throw one heal out on each non-tank raid member with beacon on the tank and pour WoGs into the tank. That way he is generating 0 stacks on the tank and the shaman can just use riptide with the occasional GHW into the earth-shielded tank. Riptide application and GHW will be the only thing generating stacks on him that way.
    When we were progressing on that fight we had our ret spec into selfless healer and use WoGs on the tank during hard phases; if you have that option, its a huge help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmyMcfly View Post
    Just have the Paladin healer throw one heal out on each non-tank raid member with beacon on the tank and pour WoGs into the tank. That way he is generating 0 stacks on the tank and the shaman can just use riptide with the occasional GHW into the earth-shielded tank. Riptide application and GHW will be the only thing generating stacks on him that way.
    When we were progressing on that fight we had our ret spec into selfless healer and use WoGs on the tank during hard phases; if you have that option, its a huge help.
    Don't Riptide the tank, that's just pointless as well. Riptide a melee who has no stacks or a pet and then just use GHW on the tank.

And for the record about that Shaman, I don't even know why he has Healing Surge on his bars. I have a pretty hard time thinking of any situation where it's a useful spell to cast. Maybe Hagara's lightning phase but that's all I got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Don't Riptide the tank, that's just pointless as well. Riptide a melee who has no stacks or a pet and then just use GHW on the tank.

And for the record about that Shaman, I don't even know why he has Healing Surge on his bars. I have a pretty hard time thinking of any situation where it's a useful spell to cast. Maybe Hagara's lightning phase but that's all I got.
    It's useful when solo-healing a side of Morchok. Outside of that, yeah, pretty much useless.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    It's useful when solo-healing a side of Morchok. Outside of that, yeah, pretty much useless.
    And likewise for Heroic Hagara's lightning phase. And in both of those cases only after you've used up the Tidal Waves on 2 GHWs and Nature's Swiftness/Riptide are on CD. In other words once in a blue moon. Our Shaman healed 7/7 FL and 6/8 DS and uses it maybe once per raid night, if that.

I know it's not what the OP came here for but it'll really help his Shaman healer out a lot through the rest of DS. Yor is easy, it only gets harder from here and he's gotta stop leaning on that Healing Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Nope.

Let your paladin beacon the tank and spam Divine Lights on a pet.
    I 2 heal this on my druid every week. Paladin heals the raid (those heals get transferred to the tank via beacon as well), and I heal the tank. Lifebloom rolling + HTing is more than enough to keep the tank alive. Spamming Divine Light on a pet is a waste of mana.