Holy Radiance and mana

Hey all, so I recently switched my pally from pvp to pve holy, I ran my first raid last night (raid finder only) and I notice that other pally's were out-healing me with Holy radiance being a bulk of the healing.. Now I use a good amount but how often should you use it?

I find myself getting very low if I use it to often even with mana regen after judgement and all that.. are there any tips anyone can give me for healing raids?

My link for those that want it http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bubbler/simple

and yes I know I have a pvp head piece.. trying to get rid of it, only switched to pve recently.

As much as possible! Especially when your raid is stacked.

To your mana problems:
    - get spirit items! (gloves, shield, ring)
    - get at least one spirit stacking trinket! (spine, tsunami)!
    - don't go mad with spamming holy radiance when it's not needed
    - use arcane torrent on cooldown
    - use divine plea whenever possible
    - if raid damage is not so hight, try this rotation for aoe: hr, hs, cs -> lod.
    - and don't forget stay at mele range and attack when possible - yes, your mele attacks still regenerate mana!

Thank's for post I do all of that, now that I look at the pally's that were healing more than me they all had maw of dragonlord or w/e and it was accounting for a large amount of their healing.

Deleted
    There is no magic way to cast HR and not spend mana. If they cast more HRs than you and don't OOM then they probably have better gear. spirit is massively important so having the trinket off spine is crucial. Like you already noticed that weapon off DW can also be a huge increase in PvE. If you already know all of the mana mechanics of your class like using DP at the right times, judging once per minute and meleeing the boss when you have time to then there's nothing more you can do short of getting more gear and higher spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by franto View Post
    As much as possible! Especially when your raid is stacked.
    To your mana problems:
    - use arcane torrent on cooldown
    Didnt know if you noticed but he is Human.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    There is no magic way to cast HR and not spend mana.
    I dunno, Jaws of defeat and DF with T13 2 piece is pretty magical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venism View Post
    I dunno, Jaws of defeat and DF with T13 2 piece is pretty magical.
    That's not magic, that's gear which is kind of what I was saying. You can't outskill a spell's mana cost, it is what it is.

Jaws is shit anyway, even the 359 Tsunami card is a better regen trinket.

That's not magic, that's gear which is kind of what I was saying. You can't outskill a spell's mana cost, it is what it is.

heroic chogall is easy to kill now. Heroic Fall of Mortality should be on alot of peoples list for a regen trink next to heart of unliving

My napkin math suggests that assuming that if you get over 13 mana costing spell casts while jaws of defeat is up the mana saved is greater than the mana regen from DMC (with judgement). Not to mention that Jaws has 112 more int (not including plate specialization and kings). I would hardly call that "shit" even if the stacks weren't built correctly.

EDIT: For the OP, the nurf the HR doesn't really take into consideration Hpallies with lower gear levels. The problem with HR is that it scales really well with gear. The only thing you really can do it try to get better gear as Raven said. To me Jaws and DF are a great combo to cushion the blow HR leaves on your mana.
    Last edited by Venism; 2012-02-18 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venism View Post
    My napkin math suggests that assuming that if you get over 13 mana costing spell casts while jaws of defeat is up the mana saved is greater than the mana regen from DMC (with judgement). Not to mention that Jaws has 112 more int (not including plate specialization and kings). I would hardly call that "shit" even if the stacks weren't built correctly.

EDIT: For the OP, the nurf the HR doesn't really take into consideration Hpallies with lower gear levels. The problem with HR is that it scales really well with gear. The only thing you really can do it try to get better gear as Raven said. To me Jaws and DF are a great combo to cushion the blow HR leaves on your mana.
    it only cushions the blow for the short time you have it up. Jaws isnt in effective in fights like Ultrax and Madness. But I guess you can trinket swap for fights. I just always believed constant ICD regen was over better than Clicky/Situational. Some pallies say they didnt have to alter they're play style but I found myself having to at times with Jaws

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Hey all, so I recently switched my pally from pvp to pve holy, I ran my first raid last night (raid finder only) and I notice that other pally's were out-healing me with Holy radiance being a bulk of the healing.. Now I use a good amount but how often should you use it?

I find myself getting very low if I use it to often even with mana regen after judgement and all that.. are there any tips anyone can give me for healing raids?

My link for those that want it http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bubbler/simple

and yes I know I have a pvp head piece.. trying to get rid of it, only switched to pve recently.
    One thing to note while it don't have to do with the mana cost but the healing of holy radiance is to alternate between the targets you cast it on because of the aoe hot it leaves after you have casted it.

I mindlessly cast that spell in LFR. That combined with holy shocks on cooldown and Light of Dawn dumps just makes healing really easy. As for mana, you're gonna lose lots of it healing that way, but it shouldn't leave you standing around for significant periods of the fight (if you use DP smartly).

The other paladins were probably more geared than you and understood the fights better. Another thing is you haven't completed any pve content this xpac besides lfr once (on your paladin at least). Holy radiance aside you're going to have to learn how to spend your mana efficiently in a pve setting and more specifically these fights. The holy radiance that they did was effective healing. They may have been using it at better times that would allow it to heal the most that the spell could (ultraxion aside since that fights is pretty much a spamfest). Learning the fights will help you out greatly at this point. Practice practice PRACTICE!

As far as aoe healing goes do what franto said. If the damage being done to the raid isn't overwhelming then cast hs, hr, cs, then lod. That is probably the best way to efficiently aoe heal.

GL