Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

SW:TOR PvE server World Boss code of conduct?

Hey,

Is there an official document somewhere outlining what's allowed as far as these guys go? For example, am I allowed to taunt/evade a world boss (works on the Nar Shaddaa robot) from the enemy team on a PvE server, or is it specifically (not interested in individual opinions) prohibited somewhere? Also, does it differ on a PvP server somehow?

Thanks.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looking through the FAQ, I don't see anything that explicitly states that. However, knowing BW and having some experience in WoW, I would say that such actions could be reported as griefing. I would advise that you avoid doing such things for the sake of your account.

Deleted
    Yeah...

I kind of taunted and evaded that boss once already. I was going there with my friend to kill it, saw a group of guys, took me a while to realize they were imperial. Well, I guess my old WoW PvP realm attitude of "red is dead" got the best of me and I decided to taunt it at around 5% health, ran away, and it evaded. I left the scene after that, after which they killed the boss without much trouble.

Anyway, I've never played on PvE server before, and I'm new to SW:TOR as we all are, so I tried to find some rules on this, but came up short.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-02-18 at 03:11 PM.

On another note - do realize if you act out on your server, you're more likely to be blacklisted by people. Ah, the beauty of small communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You mean I need the people on my server, especially since I do zero ops, and we are getting cross-server LFG and warzones?

But seriously, why would republic players care if I mess with imperials? Makes no sense.
    WTB the link of that information I must have missed, if you don't have one don't pull information out of your ass.

On topic: I don't see a problem with it, the opposite faction are your enemies anyways the thought of them "blacklisting" you is fucking retarded, they want to kill you anyways...

Yeah, better to be safe than sorry. No one wants to buy the game again and start all over.

Post constructively or don't post at all ~ Dakia
    Last edited by lphomiej; 2012-02-18 at 02:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    WTB the link of that information I must have missed, if you don't have one don't pull information out of your ass.

On topic: I don't see a problem with it, the opposite faction are your enemies anyways the thought of them "blacklisting" you is fucking retarded, they want to kill you anyways...
    http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-...ry-transcript/
    "Simon – Any plans for an LFG tool?"
    "Definitely being looked at including cross-server Flashpoint tool. Definitely wanting to do. "

I also remember them stating that they wouldn't allow us to sign up for specific warzones until they have implemented cross server warzones, can't remember where though so I apologize for not bringing a source for that statement. Shouldn't be that hard to find though.

Yeah...

I kind of taunted and evaded that boss once already. I was going there with my friend to kill it, saw a group of guys, took me a while to realize they were imperial. Well, I guess my old WoW PvP realm attitude of "red is dead" got the best of me and I decided to taunt/evade it at around 5%.

Yeah I left the scene after that, let them kill it, which they did.

(After which two of the 30 or so guys decided to attack me (yes I had flag on) and died, then the 50 mercenary who was with them came to find me in that area, didn't attack me, and after 5 or 10 minutes two of his friends arrived, fleet passed just in time... 1v1 I wouldn't have mind dying, 3v1 what's the point? )

Anyway, I've never played on a carebear huggy kissy server before, and I'm new to SW:TOR as we all are, so I tried to find some rules on this, but came up short. Of course in the future I'll be boring and not screw with any other people's world boss try since it is a PvE server but I just wanted to see if they had lain down the law concerning this issue yet.
    I'd expect you to get punished for deliberately causing a boss to evade bug even on a PvP server, since you're exploiting a bug to grief others. Attacking/taunting the boss and kiting it away, fair enough. Taunting it from a place you know it'll start evading and then reset? That's deliberate griefing, aka "being a twat".

But it's consistent with the attitude coming across in your posts, so this entire thread can be chalked up to you being an attention whore ("Hey, I totally did this thing I think is awesome, is it a bannable offense?").
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Well, there should be. People with your attitude are what ruin the communities in MMOs. You start being an ass to people because "lol it's funneh and why not?", and then they start being an ass, and then everyone starts being an ass. And there you go.

I realize you're just afraid of being banned, but I strongly recommend refraining from that kind of attitude or you'll find yourself banned in a short matter of time.

Not that it would make you "care"...

This is from the Terms of Service (ToS) which all players agree to to play the game and which is a "catch all" that can be used to sanction any activity Bioware reps wish to:

"You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements."

So mess with another groups encounter at your peril.

Deleted
    Or is it specifically (not interested in individual opinions) prohibited somewhere?
    Just your own opinion that counts, eh? Because that's what the next statement is. Opinion.

...we are getting cross-server LFG and warzones

But seriously, why would republic players care if I mess with imperials? Makes no sense.
    Well, I'd love to see the evidence supporting the bolded statement. tbh, I think you just made it up. But then again you're not interested in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-...ry-transcript/
    "Simon – Any plans for an LFG tool?"
    "Definitely being looked at including cross-server Flashpoint tool. Definitely wanting to do. "
    btw, this isn't that evidence. Looking at is not the same as getting and cross-server flashpoint tool is not the same as cross-server LFG and warzones.

For all you know the tool could allow you to invite friends and have no queuing system at all. It could, in fact, be anything. Or nothing.

Back on topic: just because it's not specifically prohibited doesn't mean you should do it. What if the shoe were on the other foot and it was an Imp doing that trick to you and your Republic friends. You'd laugh and shout, "hey what a fun guy. That was waay cool of him!! That's totally not annoying."

Would you?

You mean I need the people on my server?
    The two words highlighted above, in red, suggest you do. Yes.
    Last edited by mmoc4baa691bbc; 2012-02-18 at 03:19 AM.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure we are getting "wargroups", which will give us cross-server flashpoints and warzones. I could be mistaken, but yeah I'm fairly certain that's what we're headed toward. If I was mistaken, then I apologize.

As far as engaging in "disruptive behavior", "disruptive" being something that "interferes with normal flow"... If I use my taunt ability on a boss, is that something that "interferes with normal flow"? Fair enough. In fact, I do agree with that now that I think about it.

Now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fno9BFL9rf0

That's what the imperials do to republic players! Tell me they deserve anything other than very bad things! (That's a joke. )
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-02-18 at 03:09 PM.

If it was a pvp server I could see you being able to get away with it, but maliciously evade bugging the mob would be your problem.

I am sure you can go ahead and mess around though, if you were going to be able to kill it.

But if there was 30 of them, and you just wasted their time from 100-5%. Then you're the @$$-hole.
    Why are you even complaining about them doing 3v1, when you were dick moving on them.

People these days. They either have it or they don't.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fno9BFL9rf0

That's what the imperials do to republic players. All of them. Tell me they deserve anything other than very bad things.
    Granted. That is really bad. I'd certainly hope it wasn't all of them though. And I'm not sure a tit for tat attitude helps any.

Quote Originally Posted by lphomiej View Post
    Yeah, better to be safe than sorry. No one wants to buy the game again and start all over.

Post constructively or don't post at all ~ Dakia
    Would be nice to know what they posted originally...or was that it?

I played Everquest for a very long time, and every boss in that game was basically like the world bosses in SWTOR. 3-7 day spawn times (usually +/- 12 or 24 hours). I mean, almost every boss was harder than the Soa nightmare...but that is not saying a lot.

Anyway, the general idea there was "do whatever you want, but don't get butthurt if other people screw you over at every chance after".

I remember a guy that ninja'd a shield off of Vulak in NTOV (top, statwise, gear boss in the game...but actually was just tons of health and easier than a few you needed to kill before him). He kept playing for a while, but eventually quit, or rerolled, because he could not get groups and people from the guild he stole it from, plus a few other guilds that had a deal worked out with them, would train him every chance they could.

For those that do not know, EQ was where REAL ninjaing was. He looted it about .3 seconds after the boss died, and it took people who spammed the screenshot button as the boss died to figure out whos character dipped to do the looting animation for a split second to figure out who stole the item. There was no message to let anyone know.

I've had a few instances in SWTOR and more than I can remember in WoW that I wish training would work...but honestly, it would not be hard to ostracize someone who screwed people over on your own side. It would be hard to enforce it if they did it to the opposing side, as no one would care.

So I guess, if you are Imperial, then do it to Pubs but not other Imps. If you are a Pub, do it to Imps but not other Pubs.

Deleted
    I don't think it's evade "bugging" if you grab the mob with taunt and pull it until it evades. It doesn't "bug", but a feature. Granted, it still might be against some rules, but I wouldn't use the terms "bug" and "exploit". Mobs (NPCs) evading or "leashing" (or being pulled back because of their "leash"), is a feature, used in almost every MMO out there. No bug was being exploited, as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-02-18 at 03:08 PM.

It's not evade "bugging" if you grab the mob with taunt and pull it until it evades. It doesn't "bug", it's a feature. Nothing bugs, no bug is being exploited. Granted, it still might be against some rules, but please don't try to introduce the terms "bug" and "exploit" here. Mobs (NPCs) evading or "leashing" (or being pulled back because of their "leash"), is a feature, used in almost every MMO out there. It's not a bug, and no bug is being exploited.
    Leashing is a standard feature, the way you worded it made no mention of leashing (aka resetting) but specified evading, which is more commonly associated with bugs, glitches and/or exploits. That is the way you worded it originally.

I've never seen or heard anyone refer to resetting a mob by leashing as "evading", since "evading" is a method by which mobs in various MMOs prevent a player from exploiting terrain/architecture so that the mob cannot hit them, but they can hit the mob. In such a case, the mob evades any attack while it is unable to hit the player, and will often reset quickly.

If you are indeed simply taunting the boss and running away, then it's not exploiting. It's still griefing, and you're still a dick, but you're not taking advantage of any bugs while being a dick.

As for your video you linked, and this:

That's what the imperials do to republic players. All of them. Tell me they deserve anything other than very bad things.
    It's either weak trolling, or you just being an idiot. Either way, the sad part is you won't even understand why that's bad, even if it's explained to you.

It's time you grew the fuck up, but I don't doubt it's something you hear a lot, and are tired of.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Tag it, kill it.

Pretty much it. An open world boss uncontested has no reason to exist.

Hey being a dick is one of the best things about being alive.
    Oh, that day when you meet the guy who thinks one of the best things about being alive is throwing some dick to the ground and kicking the shit out of them, it can't come too soon.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    30 guys there and not one of them thought to taunt it back before it leashed?
    I call BS, or bunch of retards.
    If however, you were standing on a rock or some shit and taunted it so it instantly evaded and went back to full health, enjoy your pidgeonhole in hell, douchebag