Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I honestly think theres no point using an electric from how much hair you have, and how often your going to use it :P

I would recommend a manual Gillette, just get a standard mid-range one. Cheap = bad blade, hurts like hell if you cut and will cut more often. Expensive = waste of money for how much your going to use it for.

Hope it helps

(Also get some sensitive after shave balm, since you're new to shaving, your skin will feel a bit funny and the shock of starting shaving could irritate your skin, only use a small amount after shaving to leave your skin fresh and rash free! )

Mm. I always assumed gruyaka was at least in his mid 20s. *mind boggled*

On topic, you don't need anything special. You're just as fine with a 2blade disposable razor and a bottle of shampoo.

Deleted
    I would not shave in the shower but before, because otherwise your skin swells up and the hair softens up so it will be harder to cut by the blade. If you want to shave electric. Electric is better if you are a bit lazy and better on field trips.

If you have sensitive skin , wet shaving will do you no good because you easily get those red dots over your face afterwards, electric is better there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    So I probably should start shaving now. I have a tad bit of fuzz on my chinny chin chin.

I am, however, a complete noob when it comes to shaving. All I know is that I want something electrical but I have no clue as to what. In any case, here is a short list of the features I require in my machine and my personal characteristics if that helps.

1.) I have barely any facial hair. Just a little fuzz on the chin and above the lip.
    2.) I have sensitive skin.
    3.) I want something electrical.
    4.) Something that can be used in the shower.
    5.) Something that can be used with gel or cream. (if possible)

Also which one is best?

-Braun
    -Remington
    -Philips
    -Panasonic

So there you have it! Help a noob out, all you shaving pros. What are your tips/experiences/recommendations?

Lets be manly!
    i use gilette, the best a man can get! they have razorblades with built-in vibration which makes some blabla smoother shaving and it really works, but u have to get new blades now and then for this option tho but it's superior to shaving machines on me atleast, i've tried both philips and braun shavers but nothing else worked for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Use this:

Pros: You only have to use it once.
    Cons: Hurts like hell.
    i lol'd too, +1 to you sir.

On a serious note go for something electric to use after a shower, something like:

Buy some skin balm too, i remember when i first started shaving it felt uncomfortable as hell afterwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    i don´t care if it´s the off topic forums or not, but asking this on a wow forum??? why not ask your dad, the one and most important role model when it comes to stuff like this?
    Because when you ask your dad, you get HIS opinion. On a forum, you get shitloads of opinion and can actually argue wich shaver is the best.

Use this:

Dude that's just low.

Use this:

I don't get it. Is there some kind of organ or disposable part of your brain that you can combat with a gun in a painful way? Since you say it hurts like hell, you can't possibly mean its to kill yourself, as I don't think that is very hurtful if you do it properly. If you're not gonna contribute, at least let your 'joke' be actually funny.

ON: I don't want to shave with a blade as I start bleeding all over before I even touch the skin, I shave electrical. Had a philishave coolskin (rotary) for a long time that worked great. After it broke, I tried braun cruzer (foil) for a while, but it's terrible for when you have thick hairs, and even more so when they are a bit longer. Now I am back to philips again and it works great.

Deleted
    My skins sort of sensitive aswell, i've never used an electric.. but a good Razor (non disposable), and just buy the blades every so often. From my experience, there is no 'best' shaving gel or anything like that, i tried Gilette shaving gel and it was alright, but suprisingly i just picked up a random gel one day from a random nearby supermarket and it works sweet, never causes any discomfort to the skin, so i guess its just all about personal preference.

It's all upto you tbh, maybe just try a few over the next few months or something? see which is best for you. If i've got 1 tip though, try not to shave TOO much... i shaved way too much, even when there was barely any hair, when i was like 18 and now because i shaved so often, it just grows back so freakin fast!

just use a normal razor - they are much better than the electric ones and as you are a kid who doesnt have real stubble yet then the electric one is unlikely to be very effective and you will end up with a razor regardless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    So I probably should start shaving now. I have a tad bit of fuzz on my chinny chin chin.

I am, however, a complete noob when it comes to shaving. All I know is that I want something electrical but I have no clue as to what. In any case, here is a short list of the features I require in my machine and my personal characteristics if that helps.

1.) I have barely any facial hair. Just a little fuzz on the chin and above the lip.
    2.) I have sensitive skin.
    3.) I want something electrical.
    4.) Something that can be used in the shower.
    5.) Something that can be used with gel or cream. (if possible)

Also which one is best?

-Braun
    -Remington
    -Philips
    -Panasonic

So there you have it! Help a noob out, all you shaving pros. What are your tips/experiences/recommendations?

Lets be manly!
    Electric razors don't work very well for peach fuzz. You're better off getting an actual razor until you start growing real stubble. Even then, a razor will give you a closer shave.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerthe View Post
    DO. NOT. BUY. ANYTHING. WITH. CHANGEABLE. BLADES. (shit like this)

I used those for a good two years... and suddenly it just hit me like a brick; 3 blades cost around 20 euros and 1 blade lasts like 5-7 shaves. A product with built in planned obsolescence if there ever was one. They are also very irritating for your skin AND you also have to buy a shaving cream. Extremely expensive in the long run.

I currently use Philips QT4022/32 which I can wholeheartedly recommend. Shaving with that is easy, no need for cream and you can change the level of the blade by rotating a thingy in the shaft. This means you can cut your facial hair anywhere between 0.5-10mm. Very nice if you don't like shaving everything off and like leaving a couple of mms. Or you can just take it all off.
    5-7 shaves? Do you dry your razor with a towel or something similar? It's stainless steel you know, it will dry on it's own without getting lethargic

1 package of 4 razors usually lasts for a year or more with me, I think normal razor+gel is good, but my skin got very irritated with the years, so now I usually use a braun shaver for everyday, and then razors for when I go out and such

first time shaver doesn't need electric razor.. Get one of the cheap disposeable razors and learn how to properly shave - you won't get it on your first try, beeelieve me.. Buy some good shaving gel (Nivea or Gilette are good), some aftershave (again I use Nivea) and just practice with regular razor. Learn in which direction you should shave etc.. With good shaving gel you won't have much problems with sensitive skin - believe me again, that's what I have. Of course at the beginning you will prolly cut yourself - that's why you have to practice.. >.<
    At the beginning you won't shave very often, there's no reason to buy electric ones, especially if you don't even know how to shave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing feels as good as a close shave from a blade, been a fan of the mach 3 for awhile, works fine on face and other regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerthe View Post
    DO. NOT. BUY. ANYTHING. WITH. CHANGEABLE. BLADES. (shit like this)

I used those for a good two years... and suddenly it just hit me like a brick; 3 blades cost around 20 euros and 1 blade lasts like 5-7 shaves. A product with built in planned obsolescence if there ever was one. They are also very irritating for your skin AND you also have to buy a shaving cream. Extremely expensive in the long run.

I currently use Philips QT4022/32 which I can wholeheartedly recommend. Shaving with that is easy, no need for cream and you can change the level of the blade by rotating a thingy in the shaft. This means you can cut your facial hair anywhere between 0.5-10mm. Very nice if you don't like shaving everything off and like leaving a couple of mms. Or you can just take it all off.
    No it isnt planned obsolescence... Lightbulbs would be a good example of something with planned obsolescence but razor blade's edges are so very thin and hairs are so very hard compared to their size that the blades loose their sharpness quite fast...

Deleted
    My 0.02$.

Before going out and spending whatever amount of dollars on some electric razor you got recommended here or elsewhere, try buy the cheap razor blades and a bottle of foam. Try that first. See what you like and what you don't. How your skin reacts. Then I think you'll be in a much better position to choose what you think you like and works for you specifically.

Now when your beard is starting to grow in length and thickness it will gradually get "stronger" individually and so it may be easier to use an electric then. With the first year or whatever of beard you can easier cut with a razor blade I think in most cases. Start with some basic tools. Then you can more specifically buy what you need.

If you wanna use a razor blade first couple of times, do it like this:

1. Put some warm water on your beard to soften it a bit
    2. Put some foam on it
    3. Cut with razor blade. Key here is multiple, gentle strokes. Not 1 stroke to rule them all as is often done in beginning .

Then if that doesn't work, you can learn what it is about that doesn't and buy an electric razor to make that better.

Personally, I use a Babyliss beard cutter than can go from 0.5mm to 15mm with adjustable each 0.5. Last time I used a scissor though lol cause it was too long. I cut my hair and beard down and then let it grow for a month or two and then cut it all down again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use this:

I meant that as a joke but I can see it can be taken offensively, so for that I apologize OP.

O.T. I have 2 philips shavers but I still prefer mach 3 turbo. It is faster and gives cleaner look. With shavers there is always a spot left.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    first time shaver doesn't need electric razor.. Get one of the cheap disposeable razors and learn how to properly shave - you won't get it on your first try, beeelieve me.. Buy some good shaving gel (Nivea or Gilette are good), some aftershave (again I use Nivea) and just practice with regular razor. Learn in which direction you should shave etc.. With good shaving gel you won't have much problems with sensitive skin - believe me again, that's what I have. Of course at the beginning you will prolly cut yourself - that's why you have to practice.. >.<
    At the beginning you won't shave very often, there's no reason to buy electric ones, especially if you don't even know how to shave.
    dont tell him he wont get it in his first try - i have never understood how so many people can cut themselves while shaving - i have yet to cut myself while shaving...

Deleted

Just use a disposable razor if you only have fuzz. You don't need to get it wet or anything. (You can use it for anywhere on your body too)