Deleted

Help with class choice.

Hello

I am returning to WoW today after a 10 months break. I am going to start over with a RL mate, and level from scratch.

My RL mate is making a Priest, and we plan on PVPing together at 85. I am just in the situation where I simply cannot decide between Rogue or Mage.

I don't really care for who is more OP or w/e. I just want a fun class who got a good synergy with a Priest, being it Shadow or Disc is not a problem.

I am therefore asking now if people could help me with this descision, I would like to be able to do competetive damage in PVE, and yet be a solid choice togehter with the priest in Arena. We are mainly going to focus on 2s, but might try and find a 3s team later.

Sorry for mistakes in english, it is not my first language.

Thanks for the help, in advance.

Guess the more important question would be: Do you prefer to melee people to death or to shoot spells from afar? Because IMO both would be fine.

Deleted
    Both classes are superb choices and it all comes down to wether you prefer melee or ranged.

Deleted
    Well that is my exact problem, I have always mainly played melees, so a Mage might be a nice change of pace compared to that.

Only thing I am kinda scared of regarding mage, is being locked in place while playing, due to cast times. I usually dont like the turrety feel of some casters in MMOs.

Granted I have never played a mage, and those I have faced seemed very mobile.

As Tiev and Subterranean say, both do well. One factor that might tick it to rogue for you is the ease of acquiring the first stage legendary daggers. That's a step ahead versus having the luck and effort to put towards getting an equivalent caster weapon for mage.

So far as mobility, fire mages have a lot of spells that can be cast on the fly. I'm constantly moving on mine while running dungeons leveling up (currently 75).

Deleted
    And both classes would work good with a Priest? God I hate being so undesisive

Deleted
    To make your decision easier. Go for the rogue!

---------- Post added 2012-02-18 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akando View Post
    And both classes would work good with a Priest? God I hate being so undesisive
    A rogue would do superb with a priest of both discipline and shadow. Mage + disc might do, but incase your priest wants to play shadow I think you'll find the rogue to fit better.

And if you enjoy melee classes, I'm pretty sure you'd get bored with casters, even if it's only 1 spell you have to stand to cast. I know I do.

My main's a warrior.

Deleted
    Will try and give rogue a go, not worse than the possibility of rerolling if I decide against it.

Thanks for the input o/

Good luck =)

I have played a mage and rogue for a couple of years now, and without doubt I enjoy playing my rogue a hundred times more!