Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Thinking, talking and taking part in Science is a good thing. Science/Technology is what caused us to have Internet, Medical advancements and so forth
    but people are so wrapped up in the means they have forgotten the end.

Why do people generalize so much? Especially since a lot of your complaints remind me of the hippie movement.

Also I find it confusing that you are attributing not working together to the young generation. I'm sorry but you are incredibly confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    When you start a thread with: "I really don't get why young people there days are so ungreatful for everything."

It doesn't exactly paint you in the "I'm not blaming them, I just want everyone to work together" light.
    It doesn't exactly paint the "it's all their fault" light either though does it, maybe you should read a bit more ok

Deleted
    TLDR version:

I'm old & jealous of young people

The Socrates quote pretty much nailed it.

Back in your cage old timer!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snezz View Post
    TLDR version:

I'm old & jealous of young people

The Socrates quote pretty much nailed it.

Back in your cage old timer!
    I'm 19........

Deleted
    i like the saying that goes something like "those who complain about the current generation, don't forget who raised them"

every generation does the same thing, then looks at the new one and they they're the worst ever, and repeat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    I'm 19........
    Then you have some issues with reality. Young people care about what directly effects them and their future. Something that tends to be ignored by short sighted politicians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Then you have some issues with reality. Young people care about what directly effects them and their future. Something that tends to be ignored by short sighted politicians.
    What effects them "indirectly" will be the thing they wont realise till its to late

and direct or not it will still effect them all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I WALKED TO SCHOOL UP HILL IN THE SNOW BOTH WAYS!

/rage
    With a boner

Lets see who gets it

Deleted
    I'm 19........
    Then why exactly are you talking detrimentally about YOUR OWN age group & stereotyping them? You do realize you're also stereotyping yourself, right?

You're obviously young, and don't have a clue what life is really like yet, wait until you're in the big boy leagues & have a job, bills, children, stress etc.

Unfortunately due to the things mentioned above, there is ONLY yourself & loved ones you should be worrying about, not the future of mankind.

It's all well & good saying "oh we all need to work together to make this world a better place" or whatever the like, but when push comes to shove, you do things for yourself, not some asshole down the street who won't appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I WALKED TO SCHOOL UP HILL IN THE SNOW BOTH WAYS!

/rage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kB78hM_lkI

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    and look at Greece today... do you even look at the news? Maybe Socrates was on to something!
    /facepalm 400 BC!, Every generation has its good and bads, there are exceptional children among the new generation and their bad children among the new generation. As it goes with every generation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Socrates was also accused of corupting the minds of young Athenians among other things.
    on topic: every generation says the same thing. They are pretty much right I for one can attest to getting dumber the older i get. I wish i could go back to that age when everyone over 25 was a moron.

You are way too much of an idealist. If you want people to act a certain way, then they need a leader that stands for those ideals to lead them. If they don't have good leaders or role models then they will only look inwards, build their own self entitlement up, believe that they are the centre of the universe and that everything orbits around themselves. You need the older generation to set a good exampel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up (ages 0-12) immensely poor. I remember we had to go to "free feeds" to get dinner on many occasions. Then an investment my father made went through the roof, and he made well over 3 million, and continues to make more. Now at 16 years old, I honestly have very easy life. I don't ask for much, but what I do ask for my family (Usually) provides, and I am damn grateful for that. IMO the only people who act ungrateful/spoiled are those girls who grew up with everything handed to them. I.E. Paris Hilton.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I'm 19........
    Quote Originally Posted by Snezz View Post
    Then why exactly are you talking detrimentally about YOUR OWN age group & stereotyping them? You do realize you're also stereotyping yourself, right?

You're obviously young, and don't have a clue what life is really like yet, wait until you're in the big boy leagues & have a job, bills, children, stress etc.

Unfortunately due to the things mentioned above, there is ONLY yourself & loved ones you should be worrying about, not the future of mankind.

It's all well & good saying "oh we all need to work together to make this world a better place" or whatever the like, but when push comes to shove, you do things for yourself, not some asshole down the street who won't appreciate it.
    I do not know, I am 22 and understand life better then some who is 50 or 60, age dose not equal experiences, but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2012-02-18 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm either really confused by dizzying intellect or really confused by stupidity...

Deleted
    There have always been selfish and lazy people, and their always be, its not something new, and its not something "from this generation".
    People get smarter when they get older, and the people that dont gets let out of the normal society (or die in a jackass like stunt :P ), so it seems that the young generation got a lot of problems, but the only problem is that they havnt out grown them yet. Dont come and tell me you havnt met someone from another generation that is completly ignorant, that dont understand other people can have another opinion than them. but mostly they are just being ignored or told to shut up, because its to late to change them.

I hope you dont draw conclusion from what you see on the internet, because the reason you see so many ignorant and stupid people on it, is because everyone can go on and say what ever they like (like im doing now, wtf have i done to prove i got anything worthy to say?), and their will always be something to read it, and you cant get them to shut up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by domie1595 View Post
    There have always been selfish and lazy people, and their always be, its not something new, and its not something "from this generation".
    People get smarter when they get older, and the people that dont gets let out of the normal society (or die in a jackass like stunt :P ), so it seems that the young generation got a lot of problems, but the only problem is that they havnt out grown them yet. Dont come and tell me you havnt met someone from another generation that is completly ignorant, that dont understand other people can have another opinion than them. but mostly they are just being ignored or told to shut up, because its to late to change them.

I hope you dont draw conclusion from what you see on the internet, because the reason you see so many ignorant and stupid people on it, is because everyone can go on and say what ever they like (like im doing now, wtf have i done to prove i got anything worthy to say?), and their will always be something to read it, and you cant get them to shut up.
    Oh god, if all of humanity was judged by the internet we would all be doomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    See this is what I mean, BLAMEING all the time
    I'm going to blame politicians and corporations for stealing away everything good about human life because they do. If you ever read history or news, you would see these things.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)