Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    why anyone is playing the online before running through the story boggles me. specially considering all the problems the online has ben having. Rockstar didnt sell millions of copies for the shity online, it was cus of the damn good story.
    A lot of the people who bought the PC version also owned the 360/PS3 versions. We've already done the offline.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    A lot of the people who bought the PC version also owned the 360/PS3 versions. We've already done the offline.
    Played through the story twice on PS3 and PS4, still played through the story on PC.

Frankly even after heists where added the story still out shines GTA Online for me. It's clear where most of the work went into the game, and it's not in the poor mans TDM and races online.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just caved and bought it, had a few steam credits from selling those weird cards I never knew anything about. 18 hours until its downloaded...yay. I will definitely be doing solo play first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    are you both running DX 11? or is he running DX 10.1 and you 11? i had frequent fps drops using DirectX 11 but none when using DirectX 10.1
    I don't know about that, but what does it change? Does the game look worse or something if you switch to DX10.1?

To the guy who asked about custom radio, nope, not using it

10+ Year Old Account
    why anyone is playing the online before running through the story boggles me. specially considering all the problems the online has ben having. Rockstar didnt sell millions of copies for the shity online, it was cus of the damn good story.
    What problems with online? I've had zero.

Launch on the PS3 was a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Frankly even after heists where added the story still out shines GTA Online for me. It's clear where most of the work went into the game, and it's not in the poor mans TDM and races online.
    If you have friends to play with, online is great fun. You don't play online for a story.

The online is more enjoyable than the offline, problems and all. The story isn't that great and it's quite lame compared to the one in San Andreas and Vice City.

Deleted
    Bought the game for PS3 when it released, went through singleplayer on there but never bothered with online

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    The online is more enjoyable than the offline, problems and all. The story isn't that great and it's quite lame compared to the one in San Andreas and Vice City.
    Wait is this post serious?

A parody of scarface and a parody of boyz n the hood that turns into yakuza, aliens and then back to the hood is better story then GTAV? VC and SA are both great games but well written stories they are NOT.

And no, if you look at the trophies on PSN there are far more game completions then there are for even making a single character online. So apparently to the majority the online is a tacked on mode(and it is). You're welcome to your opinion but don't make it seem like the majority.

GTA will always be a superb single player experience with a tacked on online mode if you're into that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    And no, if you look at the trophies on PSN there are far more game completions then there are for even making a single character online. So apparently to the majority the online is a tacked on mode(and it is). You're welcome to your opinion but don't make it seem like the majority.
    Maybe this is due to the mentality of Console vs PC players.

If you look at Steam achievements, 84.7% of players have already played online. I didn't enjoy GTA Online that much on the PS3/4, I am loving it on the PC.

I agree that the story in GTA V is amazing, I tend to do story mode when friends are offline and play online when they are on. I've already completed it though, if I hadn't, I would play the story more than I have.

Deleted
    Wait is this post serious?

A parody of scarface and a parody of boyz n the hood that turns into yakuza, aliens and then back to the hood is better story then GTAV? VC and SA are both great games but well written stories they are NOT.

GTA will always be a superb single player experience with a tacked on online mode if you're into that thing.
    If I look at Twitch right now then I see that most of the PC streamers are playing online (more than 70%) and only a few are playing story. I have completed the story mode 3 times total (twice on PS3 and once on PS4) and the rest was spent playing online. Storymode is great but it gets stale pretty fast because you can only play it alone and there aren't that many things to do compared to online.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    there aren't that many things to do compared to online.
    There aren't that many things to do online. TDM and racing is done better in other games. There are a few games and coop missions worth doing and they get stale after doing them once. Take my opinion FWIW but even the damn property missions, and collectibles offer more variety then the boring mess that is online.

And of course there is a ton of twitch streamers playing an online game with a hype train behind it. I can find a ton of twitch streamers playing crap games like h1z1 or battlefield hardline online when they came out. That doesn't make the games anymore impressive to me, they still look dull as dirt.

Deleted
    There aren't that many things to do online. TDM and racing is done better in other games. There are a few games and coop missions worth doing and they get stale after doing them once. Take my opinion FWIW but even the damn property missions, and collectibles offer more variety then the boring mess that is online.

And of course there is a ton of twitch streamers playing an online game with a hype train behind it. I can find a ton of twitch streamers playing crap games like h1z1 or battlefield hardline online when they came out. That doesn't make the games anymore impressive to me, they still look dull as dirt.
    I have had a pretty good time in online with a couple of friends just messing around doing races and stuff like that. SP is great but what do you do once you have 100% there? Also online isn't all about doing missions its about having fun in the world. I have probably spent more time customizing my garage than my total time in SP.

I have had a pretty good time in online with a couple of friends just messing around doing races and stuff like that. SP is great but what do you do once you have 100% there? Also online isn't all about doing missions its about having fun in the world. I have probably spent more time customizing my garage than my total time in SP.
    100% doesn't actually require 100% even after you get the achievment for that you are still missing a ton of shit. Not to mention the added side stuff in the next gen/pc versions which also don't count toward it. There is easily 75 hours on single player content in the game, and that's about the point I am done with a game and time to move on to another. Not many games I am willing to drop 100+ hours into.

10+ Year Old Account
    GTA Online aint gonna please everyone, no point arguing about it. I think it's great, but you know we all have different tastes.

I can have hours of fun just playing with friends attacking the army airport and trying to steal jets etc. While you are welcome to your opinion Tech (it also looks like you only class things to do as things given to you, online is sandboxy, make your own content), you can't say there isn't a lot to do online, there is loads to do.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-04-21 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    It is...it really is.

Just one warning, though:

Trevors. Balls.

I will not say where, I will not say when. Just...be prepared.
    Been there, seen that. I was not prepared!

- - - Updated - - -

GTA. Playable online. With other people. I never got GTA4 online to work properly for me, so I have literally never played GTA with others before. I have been waiting for this for a VERY long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    To each of their own. If you are playing on your own I can see your point however if you are playing with group of friends its a whole different ball game. Of course you have the achievements as well for Heists. I disagree there are few things to do, rather opposite really. You have many different types of races, missions and of course the heists and free roaming DM. Sure other games might do it better but you have to remember there is a LOT of different aspects of the game. At the end of the day, its also not a primarily focused for Online as you have originally mentioned, but it seems Rockstar is going that route.

It seems it comes to personal preference. You can say the exact same for every single online game out there (BF, H1Z1, Dirt, WoW blah blah blah). Seems you prefer Single Player, which is all good but people are loving GTA:O, it's just how it is.

I can see my self being burnt out on GTA:O but at the same time I loose track of time when I play. I play few missions and boom gone are 3-5 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    GTA. Playable online. With other people. I never got GTA4 online to work properly for me, so I have literally never played GTA with others before. I have been waiting for this for a VERY long time.
    QFT
    Last edited by Mister K; 2015-04-21 at 10:57 AM.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    If I look at Twitch right now then I see that most of the PC streamers are playing online (more than 70%) and only a few are playing story. I have completed the story mode 3 times total (twice on PS3 and once on PS4) and the rest was spent playing online. Storymode is great but it gets stale pretty fast because you can only play it alone and there aren't that many things to do compared to online.
    Twitch statistics are not a good indicator for anything, trust me.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Twitch statistics are not a good indicator for anything, trust me.
    It is actually, it shows what games are popular. The odd time you'll get a weird game near the top when a popular streamer is playing it, but overall it gives you a good idea of what people are playing.

Why do you think it isn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It is actually, it shows what games are popular. The odd time you'll get a weird game near the top when a popular streamer is playing it, but overall it gives you a good idea of what people are playing.

Why do you think it isn't?
    This, infact major developers keep an eye on this to see whether the game is performing optimally and whether people are actually enjoying the content.

Well, at least Blizzard does as seen in their LFG Documentary.
    -K

Anyone knows whats today's patch on PC was about? I havent seen any notes or the sort..