Deleted

2s with a Resto Druid

Hello everyone!

I've been away from WoW for about 6 months now, so I'm really lost. But I'm looking to get back in, to play PvP (mainly 2s arenas) with my brother - who will be playing a Resto Druid. I was wondering - what would be a suitable class to run with a rDruid? I'm up for playing pretty much anything, and I know I enjoy most classes and play styles (just don't say paladin (not that anyone would have any reason to, right?))

Last time i played resto druid in arena i teamed up with an arms warrior .. so i would go with that. Or a death knight?
    Nowadays "everyone" plays feral (usally along with a disc priest).

Best of luck in the arena!
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

Dk is one of my favs for rdruid before, be ready to peel, just.. be ready >.> its horrible as a rdruid usually

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Probably warlock, but get ready to be really sad playing a rdruid in arenas.
    Agreed. Resto druids are the weakest healers, so...yeah. I would agree with the above posters, warrior (who aren't that great, either...) and warlock would be the best pairing, but you would be stupidly more effective as a feral druid / whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldn't bother trying to play as resto currently. They suffer from one of the main problems ret does at the moment, that problem being that offensive dispels are just so damned easy to spam. There problem with them is worse then ret's however because they don't really have anything else to fall back on after all of their HoT's are spam dispelled.

If you insist on doing it I would suggest going for rated battle grounds because there sheer number of people & classes involved should lessen that problem somewhat. As for partners I would go with someone who has allot of offensive control & decent burst so that you can work together to lock up then nuke people who would dispel your HoT spells.
    That brings down your choices decently to things like mages & rogues, you could do 3s however & add in another teammate to round things out & that is where your choices really broaden out.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Mate,

I personally play a resto druid in arenas (Restorant - AzN EU). I'm teaming up with a nice dk. and we've been pvping for fews months now and managed to get 1500+ rating.

However, from my own experience and as some others said, Rdruids are weak healers to play and lack alot of survavibility (compared to others) in arenas especially in high ratings (I only see priests or shammies or pallies). the Game has changed and pretty much, every class can catch a running druid

add to that, the offensive dispelling abilities that swipe off your hots and makes it hard for to keep up

IMO, if your bro likes Rdruid, let it be but he has to be ready for some challenges if you're aiming at high rating

BR

Deleted
    Hmm... So it would seem I should convince him to roll a Feral druid instead. And the best partner for that would be a disc priest?

Resto Druids are garbage in PvP right now. They are the only healer that almost any DPS can kill on their own without OOMing them first.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Hmm... So it would seem I should convince him to roll a Feral druid instead. And the best partner for that would be a disc priest?
    I would say yes, thats what i did.
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

Don't bother with 2v2, unless you're going to play double DPS IMO. Games just drag on too long if both teams have a competent healer, often times ending in a draw. I'd recommend going feral and finding another DPS if you insist on 2v2. Maybe a rogue or frost mage, something that hits hard but doesn't die too easily. But, if draws don't bother you and you want to play resto, then pretty much anything that can peel for you and do decent burst would make a decent partner. However, be aware that druids are the worst healers at the moment, in 2v2 or anything else. While I think healing in general is OP this expansion, druids are the closest to soloable.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2012-02-19 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Ya pretty much.

Though a resto shaman would be perfectly fine as well.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

go with a dk (not blood)

but please don't come back to these forums crying when you meet a double rogue team

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Probably warlock, but get ready to be really sad playing a rdruid in arenas.
    This.

Dks are decent partners if they know how to peel. But Lock>DK.

Best advice I can give you is to not do 2s. It's an absolute fustercluck atm.