10+ Year Old Account

Skyrim - Quest/Save problem

Hay there guys,

from time to time I play Skyrim.

Here goes my problem I think I cannot sort anyhow but still will ask. I got a quest where you loose all your items and you need to investigate some "headquarter" like building in formal clothes. Some NPC asked me for my stuff I would like to get from chest there in the building. But somehow """" TARD ME """" I clicked I am ready to start the quest and did not give him any of my items I will need to smash faces in the house.

All I have is auto saves from the building. Without my stuff and without a chance to port back to other city or a chance to run out from the house. :-/ What I has been able to do is to run to some downstairs rooms and got the main quest item ( learn the book ) then I am supposed to run out of there by some lever but it needs a key, there I always die ( 150 mobs on me and I am naked ). I play archer and I believe I need to kill some mob there to get the key from the "escape" lever.

So my question is am i f*****? Sorry for bad english.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-02-20 at 08:00 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    The Thalmor quest-thing. To get your things, open the chest that lies in the room where the elf leads you to (through the kitchen), before you head on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bad thing is my last quick save is from there too. :-/

There is nothing as I said, I did not give him any of items when started the quest.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-02-20 at 08:02 AM.

Are you playing on PC? If so the almighty console can fix anything =P I wouldn't normally advocate cheating but if it means you would have to start again otherwise, "tgm" will toggle god mode on, make you immune to damage. Or to keep the quest a challenge and try to replicate the ideal, you can use player.additem, then give yourself whatever weapon you would have carried in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am afraid of that I will need to start new game " which I dont want to ". And yea cheats I was also thinking about to sort just this problem, anyway there is some cheats?. I am playing on PC yeah. Or is there some way you can get some old quick saves going?

Hit tilde (~), click on one of the Thalmor guys and type 'kill'. Loot all his armor and weapons and put em on, and you should be able to get through the section without feeling like you cheated too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just target enemy and type kill? Wha?

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks OP but do you realize that you can also make normal saves? It is always best to create a normal save at key parts in the game. Relying on quick save alone is usually a bad idea. Best way to fix this is to use the console and do what the above poster said. The mobs aren't particularly hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they are for me without a bow. And those guards smash me in few seconds. And yeah I was normal saving too, but once I started just quick saving. :-/ My normal save is like 15 levels old, which is lot of time for me as casual Skyrim player I will try that /kill thingy. Hope it will helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Well they are for me without a bow. And those guards smash me in few seconds. And yeah I was normal saving too, but once I started just quick saving. :-/ My normal save is like 15 levels old, which is lot of time for me as casual Skyrim player I will try that /kill thingy. Hope it will helps.
    That is true 15 levels is a lot. Try to make it a habit to make normal saves every level or so to avoid situations like this. I've seen a lot of people only relying on quicksave and autosave.

Try the console method. Press the Tilde key, target one of the elves, and type /kill. It should immediately kill the target. That will at least give you access to Elven quality armour and probably a bow also. If not continue till you find one with a bow. Fairly sure there is several bow users in the embassy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thanks a lot. I was actually starting to saying goodbye to Skyrim after this issue, I would not mind that much if I would play it a lot. But as casual player I was a bit pissed Was my bad and I will start those saves doing again correctly to avoid those problems. Thanks a lot

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    put the following into the console:

Code:
    player.additem 00013985 1
    player.additem 0001397d 50

this will give you a basic hunting bow and 50 iron arrows, hope that helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will try to find all those things then. I had full elven light armor + elven bow. Cool