Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    I somewhat agree, too many trap skills imo and not enough marksman skills. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be using alot of these skills depending on the situation but I really would've preferred a tad bit more bow skills and even melee skills to choose from. And I really don't like how they took out the stand still stealth. Then again, this is only beta so everything is still subject to change.
    Well.... that stealth skill can be traited to activate at 25% health, and i have a feeling we'll have a few more utility skills then what were in the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

They added 24 pets and their abilities to the skill tool. http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is a Tapir? O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    WTF is a Tapir? O_o
    A beaver with an underbite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently wikipedia says it's a pig.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not every pig has Forage as their super special skill, that'd be a bit disappointing.... However, i am glad that skill is still in the game!! i may need to go grab a big of some sort now lol
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    I cant decide between a ranger or a thief (norn female, and yes..im a dude; i just think they look cool :P)

I like thieves because they can dual wield pistols and thats all I ever wanted in a MMO, but I like rangers too because of the whole 'nature yo' thing..

Help me!

(and I dont really want 2 mains because I dont have enough time for 2 )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    I cant decide between a ranger or a thief (norn female, and yes..im a dude; i just think they look cool :P)

I like thieves because they can dual wield pistols and thats all I ever wanted in a MMO, but I like rangers too because of the whole 'nature yo' thing..

Help me!

(and I dont really want 2 mains because I dont have enough time for 2 )
    Pretty simple really. Do you want those dual pistols and stealthing or would you rather go more nature with a pet? Ranger also offers more for group play in the way of boons and the healing spring. Thieves help a group strictly by doing burst damage, distracting and elusive. Easy choice for me since i never have liked stealth classes and I love pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Pretty simple really. Do you want those dual pistols and stealthing or would you rather go more nature with a pet? Ranger also offers more for group play in the way of boons and the healing spring. Thieves help a group strictly by doing burst damage, distracting and elusive. Easy choice for me since i never have liked stealth classes and I love pets.
    thiefs can actually help the group without burst damage.... they are however more offensive (unlike the ranger) when they're supporting, IE aoe blinds, stealthing allies, etc.

However, i totally agree with you, the whole nature magic and my love for pets makes ranger an easy choice over the other profs =D! My only question is how do i get my nature spirits to run around with me like a ranger in the videos had them.... or do they ALWAYS do that?!

WTF is a Tapir? O_o

Rainforest dwelling ungulate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

Rainforest dwelling ungulate.
    I wouldn't want one as a pet that fights for me... tapirs have notoriously bad eyesight.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I wouldn't want one as a pet that fights for me... tapirs have notoriously bad eyesight.
    They might also eat you if you're a Sylvari.

Deleted
    Ranger will be on of my alts :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Hyena definitively seems like my favorite pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Hyena definitively seems like my favorite pet.
    Im right there with you lol, calling a second hyena to help me maul my poor defenseless victim? YES PLEASE!! I'll likely also be taking the marsh drake because an insect swarm breathe just sounds flat out sexy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably gonna pick the arctic wolf or snow leopard. Chill is just... the worst condition to get, period. 66% slower movement AND 66% slower skill recharge... it's just painful. Not only do you move slower, but you fight slower.

Are the function keys your pet attacks?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably gonna pick the arctic wolf or snow leopard. Chill is just... the worst condition to get, period. 66% slower movement AND 66% slower skill recharge... it's just painful. Not only do you move slower, but you fight slower.
    Actually i looked at chill again, it looks like it'll DELAY they're attacking, as in you need to throw it onto someone whose skills are already recharging otherwise they don't recharge slower

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Are the function keys your pet attacks?
    On the caculator the first skill is the one you have control over activating, 2-4 are activated automatically by the pet, i know one of the functions is to swap your pets, and i think there are 2 more, probably attack target and come back to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually i looked at chill again, it looks like it'll DELAY they're attacking, as in you need to throw it onto someone whose skills are already recharging otherwise they don't recharge slower
    I hope that's wrong... :S

Chilled is a condition that causes those affected by it to acquire a blue tint and have a 66% movement speed reduction. While chilled, skills already recharging will recharge 66% slower. Stacks in duration.
    Oh damn, you're right.

That's still pretty good though since it stacks in duration. Players might get smart about it and make a conscious choice to hold off using spells until Chill ends - and then have to make the choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that's wrong... :S

Oh damn, you're right.

That's still pretty good though since it stacks in duration. Players might get smart about it and make a conscious choice to hold off using spells until Chill ends - and then have to make the choice.
    Even though chill isn't as sexy as we both originally thought.... Throwing axes is starting to seem a bit more appealing to me then using a bow.... which is quite interesting to me lol, normally i hate thrown weapons, but we shall see once GW2 comes out and i get a chance to use them...