Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Even though chill isn't as sexy as we both originally thought.... Throwing axes is starting to seem a bit more appealing to me then using a bow.... which is quite interesting to me lol, normally i hate thrown weapons, but we shall see once GW2 comes out and i get a chance to use them...
    While axes are thrown, the range is total piss. I will still use them because of the skills, looks and aoe, but don't expect even half the range of the shortbow. As for pets, I will be sticking with drakes for the traits and just how awesome they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    While axes are thrown, the range is total piss. I will still use them because of the skills, looks and aoe, but don't expect even half the range of the shortbow. As for pets, I will be sticking with drakes for the traits and just how awesome they are.
    Does thou have a link to prove such a horrible range is attached to the axes? Cause if i gotta be like standing right in their face to hit em with throwing axes i'll just stick with a bow lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Does thou have a link to prove such a horrible range is attached to the axes? Cause if i gotta be like standing right in their face to hit em with throwing axes i'll just stick with a bow lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...KKIRDxaE#t=155

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, that's not that bad honestly, i may use it, really comes down to the play style, can't say what i'll do for certain until i get my hands on the game myself!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's still neat.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen any pvp gameplay videos of SB rangers at all, all I've seen are DW axes or LB rangers. Anyone know where I can find some?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    I haven't seen any pvp gameplay videos of SB rangers at all, all I've seen are DW axes or LB rangers. Anyone know where I can find some?
    I've only seen longbow/greatsword, where are these DW axes vids you speak of lol?

Could anyone tell me about how long the spirits last for? I have been searching for info from forums to videos on youtube with no luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    Could anyone tell me about how long the spirits last for? I have been searching for info from forums to videos on youtube with no luck.
    From the videos i've seen they stay around for quite a while, hell i think they may only despawn once they're killed, however i'm not 100% sure on that so don't quote me on it lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    From what I saw in the video it is 1 min duration with a 1 min recharge.

I love the fact that we're 1 of the profession with most conditions. Will be great to switch weapons and apply conditions constantly.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how Rangers can be pretty good in melee as well as ranged, whilst having the possibility of being rather supportive for people around them AND having a possibly awesome-looking pet that can do damage and be supportive as well... I think I'm gonna roll Ranger now.

Yeah, i'm gonna sport a longbow + greatsword, with the pet trait that transforms conditions from me to my pet.

Deleted
    From a PvP Point of view, Rangers are extremely good. I found Shortbow to be better than Longbow after testing both quite alot. The amount of evasion combine with your dodging makes you extremely hard to actually hit, if you can dodge anyway, combine this with your trait that increase endurance regen by 50% and dodging removes conditions.

I used this setup for Shortbow. http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...uak03c3j3k3r46 Includes my traits except Nature Magic since they're not showing up.

As for Elite skills, both Entangle and the spirit are very powerful. Entangle actually entangles multiple people so used at the right time can immobilize many. The spirit heals and revives allies aswell as you, also removing conditions can be do or die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    From a PvP Point of view, Rangers are extremely good. I found Shortbow to be better than Longbow after testing both quite alot. The amount of evasion combine with your dodging makes you extremely hard to actually hit, if you can dodge anyway, combine this with your trait that increase endurance regen by 50% and dodging removes conditions.

I used this setup for Shortbow. http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...uak03c3j3k3r46 Includes my traits except Nature Magic since they're not showing up.

As for Elite skills, both Entangle and the spirit are very powerful. Entangle actually entangles multiple people so used at the right time can immobilize many. The spirit heals and revives allies aswell as you, also removing conditions can be do or die.
    Isn't this a breach of the NDA? :S Well well... Thanks for the update!

Hmm, go figure. Another GW2 thread where there can't be 10 replies without the mentioning and slight bashing of WoW. So tired of it...

On topic, I will be playing a Ranger, that I am sure of since Hunter is my main and always will be in WoW (Yes I'm playing both games, LE GASP!!)...however, I am mighty annoyed from what I've seen so far in pet movement...they just seem so jerky and twitchy and laggy. They have been since the first video I watched, so I'm starting to wonder if this will be brought to live? On a positive note though, the animal pets seem amazing...

Everything else like mobility and damage and survival will come in-game, I'm not basing my choice of profession on what I think it might be like. I choose professions/class from what I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hmm, go figure. Another GW2 thread where there can't be 10 replies without the mentioning and slight bashing of WoW. So tired of it...

On topic, I will be playing a Ranger, that I am sure of since Hunter is my main and always will be in WoW (Yes I'm playing both games, LE GASP!!)...however, I am mighty annoyed from what I've seen so far in pet movement...they just seem so jerky and twitchy and laggy. They have been since the first video I watched, so I'm starting to wonder if this will be brought to live? On a positive note though, the animal pets seem amazing...

Everything else like mobility and damage and survival will come in-game, I'm not basing my choice of profession on what I think it might be like. I choose professions/class from what I want.
    Pets in the very beginning of GW2 (and quite a while into its life in alpha i might add) were down right horrible, however in the new beta vids we have the pets seem to move very smoothly and have damn good AI, i don't think the pet will be a hinderance at all, and they really have the ranger and pet fighting as one which is very appealing to me!!

PS: A lot of people seem touchy on the wow thing for some reason, idk why, it's not a bad game despite how much i, or anyone else dislike the combat style. I'd recommend just not bringing it up much cause a lot tend to overreact =(.

EDIT: Just thought of this, but is anyone else bummed that the aspect of melandru is NOT a ranger elite skill? I was hoping we'd have something of that magnitude as an elite but it appears it's a racial =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Correct me if I missed something. But after going through all the pages there hasn't been a WoW bash on this thread whatsoever, its been mentioned to compare gameplay and features a couple times to GW2 over the last few pages, but then again that's natural for modern MMOs, but other than that.......

But as for the pet movement I noticed the same thing, however the game doesn't even have a confirmed launch date yet so they have alot of time to address this issue. If I ever get into beta I'll be sure to report this
    Last edited by Razeo; 2012-03-27 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

Yeah, it looks good for PvP that way you've done it, but i was thinking for PvE, longbow and greatsword, fits perfectly together, imo only though.

So, when I was first reading up on GW2, I initially wanted to play a necromancer but, the more I've read and seen, the more I think that...rangers are going to be balla status.

Another thing, seeing how 1 handed swords work in combat, it looks pretty awesome, all jumping around all nimbly bimbly like that.