Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Red face Minor Additions You Would Like to See

Hey it occurred to me last night while playing, that there a very minor but impactful ways of improving this game beyond the technical aspects. Most people yell for bug fixes and balancing issues (ahem, illum), but this thread is gonna be about little tweaks and additions to the game/game structure to make it smoother, more immersive, etc, etc.

theses are just some of the ones i was thinking about. post your ideas if you have any.

1) Right clicking my portrait gives me the option to "mount vehicle" in addition to the other commands (no more wasting a space on the action bar)

2) toggling left/right mirrored stances when holding lightsabers/weapons. furthermore, perhaps each class (knight/war, consular/inquisitor) has a unique way of wielding their weapon. (a good way in PvP to quickly identify specs/classes beyond current limitations)

3) entering a FP or OPS, like choosing Hard Modes, I should be able to choose an option that lets me SKIP ALL DIALOGUE. after running these things 20+ times, and don't get me wrong i love the story and VO's, i get a little burnt out on the same dialogue. ...only so many times i can airlock release those engineering dorks...

4) being able to loop the overworld music, so i can ALWAYS hear that sweet John Williams in my head telling me to...do things. )>'.')>

5) BRING BACK PAZAAK! seriously tho, a way to battle other players for special rewards, server sponsored tournaments, pazaak skill trees (!), a new mini-game to sink time into; ladders and leaderboards. cantinas will be BUMPIN' again!

6) on 5's note, MUTILPLAYER (panzer-dragoon style) SPACE BATTLES. im pretty damn sure they've asked themselves (BW) this question, but ya, for sure, who wouldn't want to be able to co-op or even go against a fellow friend/player in some epic pew-pew space killin'?

7) no more KKK looking gear for inquisitors...ok BW?...sheeesh

8) Q up crafting companion's missions. give em a list, then they do it. so instead of every 30-60 min having re-click on a new mission, they go all auto-bot and conform to the litany you gave em, like a shoppin list.

9) perhaps in the next expansion, or next-next-next major content patch, have the Codex Entries be VO'd, so i can listen to the great details and lore WHILE STILL KILLIN. sorta like a narrator, a disembodied voice.

10) a spell, an item, a way to teleport me to party leader. i mean if FF11 has it, surely we can too? plz?!

well those are just some i was thinkin about.
    WHAT about all of YOU?
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

All I want is a button to press that takes me straight to my ship... It could even have a stupid long cooldown like the EFP...

Eventually, it would also be cool if they added more ships that you could purchase and use as your own... WTB

Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    All I want is a button to press that takes me straight to my ship... It could even have a stupid long cooldown like the EFP...

Eventually, it would also be cool if they added more ships that you could purchase and use as your own... WTB
    def like the idea of purchasing/acquiring new ships. makes lore/contextual sense, and can really incentivise players.
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box

Quote Originally Posted by Qwell View Post
    3) entering a FP or OPS, like choosing Hard Modes, I should be able to choose an option that lets me SKIP ALL DIALOGUE. after running these things 20+ times, and don't get me wrong i love the story and VO's, i get a little burnt out on the same dialogue. ...only so many times i can airlock release those engineering dorks...
    My take on that one is to either allow you to record you last choices and just have it auto pick for you, or have a script box where you can define your choices beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love a teleporter back to my ship. It's sometimes agony how long it can take to get to places.

2) toggling left/right mirrored stances when holding lightsabers/weapons. furthermore, perhaps each class (knight/war, consular/inquisitor) has a unique way of wielding their weapon. (a good way in PvP to quickly identify specs/classes beyond current limitations)
    I would love for them to actually make your stance based on well.... You stance. Shii-cho, juyo, etc, they all look the same in the game. They should each actually use the proper form stance.

I also fully agree with number 6. I'll would even settle for single player space missions that AREN'T on a track.

10 would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I would love for them to actually make your stance based on well.... You stance. Shii-cho, juyo, etc, they all look the same in the game. They should each actually use the proper form stance.
    that was what i had specifically in mind. it would make total sense and make me feel a bit more in tune with my...toon

---------- Post added 2012-02-19 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    My take on that one is to either allow you to record you last choices and just have it auto pick for you, or have a script box where you can define your choices beforehand.
    interesting idea, but prolly technically difficult, or ta least time consuming to make.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) More Hotbars - on my agent ive pretty much used up all of them.

2) Ability to see what weapons look like in the character window before equipping them. With Lightsabers its not as major but c'mon, at least let me see what the gun looks like before i equip it, especially if i can do it with armour.

3) Long Hair options for females. Like seriously, why are there 0 long hair options?

4) Some customisation options for companions that are missing some love, SCORPIO looks awesome, but it'd be nice to have some more options with her. Same with Qyzen Fess, Khem Val has something like 13 customisations. And yet Qyzen gets 0?

hm, and a few others when i think of them.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2012-02-20 at 12:32 AM.

interesting idea, but prolly technically difficult, or ta least time consuming to make.
    Not to sure that it's overly complicated, the choices are numbered and relate to 1,2,3 on your keyboard, the amount of choices for lets say BT are the same I think, so a UI element with X amount of empty boxes where you can put the number of the answer you want automatically entered.

15+ Year Old Account
    The shuttle door not being left behind after lift-off for return to the Black Talon.

On a more serious note: A personal fleet pass directly to your ship even if it has to be on 30 min. cooldown as well. Taking the tour to your spaceport can only be as immersive. It should be available as auxiliary starship upgrade: Your personal shuttle.

New sounds for dismounting and Force Scream sound barrier. Currently it's very unpleasant.

Possibility to zoom in/out on preview screen.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

This is a really minor thing but its always bugged me,playing a force user,that the /meditate emote doesnt actually do anything in the game at the moment^^ The animation exists already so i think it would be quite awesome if you could actually kneel to meditate when using the emote =) Just for those rp moments...or afk moments lol

Oh,and the ability to buy a personal jukebox for your spaceship would be nice^^

One "feature" I wanted since day one is something as simple as a variable setting for zoom distance, the zoom per scroll tick is way to big for my taste.

@OP

You identify other classes by what weapons they're wielding, they already have that in the game...

Pretty sure he meant a more visual way to quickly identify other players AC's in pvp scenarios,particularly force users..which is understandable i think. For instance,you a see a Sith Assassin with a double bladed lightsaber..but which spec is he? is he a tank,melee dps or the dot/utility tree etc We all look the same until abilities start flying out^^

Quote Originally Posted by _Myth_ View Post
    Pretty sure he meant a more visual way to quickly identify other players AC's in pvp scenarios,particularly force users..which is understandable i think. For instance,you a see a Sith Assassin with a double bladed lightsaber..but which spec is he? is he a tank,melee dps or the dot/utility tree etc We all look the same until abilities start flying out^^
    So you're going to find 3 different ways to hold and use a double sided lightsaber for 3 different specs? You tell what their spec is by what spells they use, and you tell what their class is by what weapon they're holding.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    1) More Hotbars - on my agent ive pretty much used up all of them.

2) Ability to see what weapons look like in the character window before equipping them. With Lightsabers its not as major but c'mon, at least let me see what the gun looks like before i equip it, especially if i can do it with armour.

3) Long Hair options for females. Like seriously, why are there 0 long hair options?

4) Some customisation options for companions that are missing some love, SCORPIO looks awesome, but it'd be nice to have some more options with her. Same with Qyzen Fess, Khem Val has something like 13 customisations. And yet Qyzen gets 0?

hm, and a few others when i think of them.
    There is at least 1 customization for Qyzen. You can make him yellowish. I haven't played my consular in awhile, but I believe it was from the security key vendor, or from the CE vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So you're going to find 3 different ways to hold and use a double sided lightsaber for 3 different specs? You tell what their spec is by what spells they use, and you tell what their class is by what weapon they're holding.
    Never said i agreed with him,just that i understood where he was coming from =) I do think adding extra animations/stances for each AC would be strenuous at best..no need for it. However,in fast paced pvp scenarios when you need to quickly prioritise targets on the fly it would be helpful to know which AC of a given class you are dealing with,thats all.

A simple addition of AC information on the target portrait would solve the problem imo =) Instead of "*Name* Sith Assassin*" it could perhaps read "*Name* Sith Assassin (Deception)*" etc

Also,im not saying that this is some huge game breaking issue either lol QQ-free zone right here^^

I would like a repair droid closer to the Ops Launch Points on the Shadow, instead of having to go up to the bridge.

Or I would like a repair droid your guild can buy that lets you summon it on a 1hr CD.

Target of Target which they are adding and a threat meter even if its a red, yellow, green light above the mobs head, even if it is just for tanks.

5) BRING BACK PAZAAK! seriously tho, a way to battle other players for special rewards, server sponsored tournaments, pazaak skill trees (!), a new mini-game to sink time into; ladders and leaderboards. cantinas will be BUMPIN' again!
    6) on 5's note, MUTILPLAYER (panzer-dragoon style) SPACE BATTLES. im pretty damn sure they've asked themselves (BW) this question, but ya, for sure, who wouldn't want to be able to co-op or even go against a fellow friend/player in some epic pew-pew space killin'?
    7) no more KKK looking gear for inquisitors...ok BW?...sheeesh
    8) Q up crafting companion's missions. give em a list, then they do it. so instead of every 30-60 min having re-click on a new mission, they go all auto-bot and conform to the litany you gave em, like a shoppin list.
    9) perhaps in the next expansion, or next-next-next major content patch, have the Codex Entries be VO'd, so i can listen to the great details and lore WHILE STILL KILLIN. sorta like a narrator, a disembodied voice.
    I would love if they added pazzak, or dejarik. Multiplayer space battles would be awesome. Maybe with the guild ships? Never noticed it before, but some of the headpieces could sort of resemble the hat, I suppose. Queueing missions is something that should be basic. Mass Effect had it, so why not?

def like the idea of purchasing/acquiring new ships. makes lore/contextual sense, and can really incentivise players.
    Would be nice. I hate the Fury almost as much as I hate the bounty hunter ship. At least something to customize the interior and exterior colors, along with interior furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-;15575696
    2) Ability to see what weapons look like in the character window before equipping them. With Lightsabers its not [I
    as[/I] major but c'mon, at least let me see what the gun looks like before i equip it, especially if i can do it with armour.
    That'd be nice, as long as it includes light sabers. I at least want to see what the hilts look like. Long hair would be pretty nice too. Seems strange that there isn't any. Can't think of any games that don't have it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    A personal fleet pass directly to your ship even if it has to be on 30 min. cooldown as well. Taking the tour to your spaceport can only be as immersive. It should be available as auxiliary starship upgrade: Your personal shuttle.
    Possibility to zoom in/out on preview screen.
    That'd be nice too, would sure save some time. The zooming could be nice, for examining finer details, but idk.

Personally, I can't think of much outside the ship customizing, but pets (actual animals) for our ships would be neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    A teleporter to my ship and I'm good thank you!
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”