Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Most used macros.

Hey there. I was wonderinghow many of us have special macro/s that you always use, no matter the character you are playing.

To put an example of the kind of macro that i'm talking about i'll start:

I use this macro everytime i log into any char, no matter which one it is because i've got used to it for some years now, and many times i can't play without an extra view of the area : p This is not exacly a macro, however i consider it so as i just press the button i've assigned to it.

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

It increases the range of your camera.

So, do you people have any special macro which you always use?
    Last edited by shise; 2012-02-19 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Abyssal Seahorse
    /use [flyable, nomounted,nomod] Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    /use Emerald Essence
    /use Ruby Essence
    /use Amber Essence
    /cast [nomounted][mod:shift] Black War Raptor
    /dismount
    /script VehicleExit()
    I just replace the mount for whatever I have on each toon.

I had one to vendor all my grays. But with my replacement to ElvUI, its no longer needed.
    Code:
    /script for bag = 0,4,1 do for slot = 1, GetContainerNumSlots(bag), 1 do local name = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot); if name and string.find(name,"ff9d9d9d") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Selling "..name); UseContainerItem(bag,slot) end; end; end
    couple others I use are the trink slots
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 14
    and lastly a rezz macro for my healers. Change the rezz spell to the applciable one
    Code:
    /script SendChatMessage("Get up "..UnitName("mouseover").. "!!", "Yell", nil)
    /cast [@mouseover, combat] Rebirth; [@mouseover] Revive

You know you can change the camera distance in the interface options right?

OT: I use a random mount macro on all my toons, various cooldown macros on all toons, and a guild recruit macro on all toons, thats about it really.

ETA: @palthis, there is an addon called "Crap Away" that automatically vendors all grays as soon as you open a vendor window.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-02-19 at 09:50 PM.

The distance goes a little further than the interface slider if you use a console command, specifically:

Code:
    /console cameraDistanceMax 50
    The default value of this is 15, but by using the command it multiplies the Max with the MaxFactor for a maximum total of 50.

The console command in the first post does the same thing, but since it uses factor, the game multiplies the default 15 Max value times 4 to give 60, then the max of 50 is used as well.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    there's a script to make your camera zoom out further than max and it applies to all characters and you only need apply it once

check the void reaver (tempest keep) wiki page for it (been using it since then :P )

as for me, i have a bunch of combat macros for most of my toons, other than that, just mount macros to select a ground or flying mount

(and to the guy above, i'm confused, you made a macro to only show your trinkets? you can just drag them to your bars anyway?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    (and to the guy above, i'm confused, you made a macro to only show your trinkets? you can just drag them to your bars anyway?)
    If you change trinkets, you don't have to keep dragging on to your bar with the macros.

I have a few personal ones

/RW Get out of the fire!

Is a common one I use on my healer and have since BC. I have a lot fight specific target macros that I force on people. (/tar mutated Cor, /tar blistering etc)

My disc priest macros are really nice, they are just attack target of target macros unless the main target is hostile. Can't think of the exact wording for them, most any good healing site has them listed (plusheal/EJ etc)

My warlock has some good pre-meta and meta activation macros that are all fairly simple and on most sites. basically drops my racial, trinket, pot, etc then the meta one makes me Demon-up, felgaurd felstorm and turns on Immo aura.

Other than that the above camera distance and ground/air mount macros are must haves for anyone. Trust me zoom all the way out and do madness and you'll never take a non targeted Corruption smack again.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2012-02-19 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my favorite which I end up spamming a lot.

/y MOBS ATTACKING HEALER!!

10+ Year Old Account
    mine is

/readycheck

and this

/script OpenAllBags();

and this on tank related Toons

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102,4, currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() +5+1/(1/16+(0.956/((GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL))*0.04))),1,0.5,0)

but the one i use the most is this:

/me wuschelt %T über den Kopf.

translated something like:
    /(charname) tousles (targetnames) head. (dunno if that translation is correct)

I do this all the time when i get rezzed, someone did something good or simply female Gnomes cause they are so cute.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2012-02-19 at 10:22 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    /cast Abyssal Seahorse
    /run if IsMounted()then Dismount()else f={16,17,19,106}g={54,61,95}c=CallCompanion r=random m="MOUNT"c(m,f[r(#f)])c(m,g[r(#g)])end
    If I'm in vahshir water, it casts seahorse.
    If I'm mounted it dismounts, If I'm flyable it randomly picks out of my flying mounts #16,17,19,106 (change them to correspond to mounts you want it to pick from)
    Then if not flyable it casts a mount out of the g= group, in this case 54,61,95.
    The macro above with the use legendary would need a bit more complex of a macro, or just omitting the f= randoming and just use what they had above ahead of the script I have there. You'd have to do a little bit of editing of the last expression to remove the f= conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some nice ones.

About the camera max distance, i've always been talking to people about it, many people have a diferent number but on my screen they all end up doing the same. However, i had no clue that now we can do it form the interface as b0sanac said, i just keept using mine hehe : p gotta give it a look then, ty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I haven't had this work in over 1 year, no idea if i'm doing something wrong or you guys have weird settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    I haven't had this work in over 1 year, no idea if i'm doing something wrong or you guys have weird settings.
    I'm not sure about that kind of scripts, i've heard of more people who can't get it to work neither or they just need to set it to another number. Tbh i don't know what's the deal with it not to work the same for everyone.

Coordinate macro (says your coordinates in your zone, no addon needed):
    Code:
    /script px,py=GetPlayerMapPosition("player")
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("( %s ) %i,%i",GetZoneText(),px *100,py *100));
    Macro to see someone's guild rank, some addons do this automatically.
    Code:
    /script local g = {GetGuildInfo("target")}; DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(UnitName("target") .. " <" .. g[1] .. "> " .. g[2]);
    The other camera macro:
    Code:
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-02-20 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Code:
    For clarification purposes since it's come up a couple times: This would multiply 4 * 50, giving 200 but still go back down to the hard max of 50, so the factor line does nothing if you choose 50 as your Max.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Code:
    /run FriendsFrame:UnregisterEvent("WHO_LIST_UPDATE");SendWho("1-69");
    /in 2 /run _,c=GetNumWhoResults();k=GetWhoInfo(random(c));InviteUnit(k);LeaveParty();AddIgnore(k);FriendsFrame:RegisterEvent("WHO_LIST_UPDATE");
    /in 55 /run DelIgnore(k);
    used to be this one, but it doesnt work any more. 10,000 bonus points if you know what it was used for~

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    Code:
    /run FriendsFrame:UnregisterEvent("WHO_LIST_UPDATE");SendWho("1-69");
    /in 2 /run _,c=GetNumWhoResults();k=GetWhoInfo(random(c));InviteUnit(k);LeaveParty();AddIgnore(k);FriendsFrame:RegisterEvent("WHO_LIST_UPDATE");
    /in 55 /run DelIgnore(k);
    used to be this one, but it doesnt work any more. 10,000 bonus points if you know what it was used for~
    used to ignore someone.

Quote Originally Posted by grakes View Post
    used to ignore someone.
    obviously it puts someone on ignore, but that's not it's purpose~

Used to /who 1-69 randomly invite one, leave group, put them on ignore, then in 55 sec remove the ignore? Maybe if they were in dungeon q it would piss them off or something? seems pointless to me.
    great new class idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Nothing special here. Just GC and his obsession with crabs.