Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Why should pvp'ers be forced to level professions to make gold when pve'ers make gold by doing pve only?
    Do you honestly think you get enough gold from PvEing to cover your gem/chanting costs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Do you honestly think you get enough gold from PvEing to cover your gem/chanting costs?
    i have, depends on prices on your server though.

Here's the perfect solution, one that will let PvPers get some epic gems, and shouldn't upset the oh-so-heroic dragon slayers (lol).

Each time you win a (no 2v2, for obvious reasons) 3v3/5v5/rated battleground you gain a [blue]token. You can gain up to 7 [blue]tokens per week. You can hand this token in at the PvP vendors for a [blue]gem cluster. The gem cluster has a chance to drop uncommon, rare, and epic gems. If you win all 7 games in a row, you are awarded a seperate [red]token, which can be traded in for a [red]gem cluster. This gem cluster will only drop epic gems. You can only earn one [red]token per week.

If you win 5 games in a row, then lose one, then win another 7 in a row, you would be awarded with 7 tokens for [blue]gem clusters, and 1 token for [red]gem clusters.

Consecutive win tracking is already in game, so I'm fairly sure this would be easy to do. It would promote more competition (for the guaranteed epic gem token you either need to get better, or get lucky with comps) and give another "fun RNG" (yeah right) element to PvP gearing that Blizzard seem to love so much.

Best part is all the angry and upset dragon slayers can just hop into arena with their heroic trinkets/weapons and tripple dps their way to extra epic gems!!!

Run away little girl, run away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Remove BoE drops from raids and the guild perk that generates gold and you will see that raiding guilds actually make more gold than they spend as long as they have active players. My pvp guild with a few people leveling brings in like 1.5k a week with that guild perk. Stupid? Yes.

Also farming the AH isn't pvp, while also not quite being pve.... I spend maybe 3 hours a day working AH for atleast 20k a day. I would be pretty mad if I were a good pvper too. Most PvPers can hardly handle their repair costs. And yes... you do get a repair bill from pvp....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Here's the perfect solution, one that will let PvPers get some epic gems, and shouldn't upset the oh-so-heroic dragon slayers (lol).

Each time you win a (no 2v2, for obvious reasons) 3v3/5v5/rated battleground you gain a [blue]token. You can gain up to 7 [blue]tokens per week. You can hand this token in at the PvP vendors for a [blue]gem cluster. The gem cluster has a chance to drop uncommon, rare, and epic gems. If you win all 7 games in a row, you are awarded a seperate [red]token, which can be traded in for a [red]gem cluster. This gem cluster will only drop epic gems. You can only earn one [red]token per week.

If you win 5 games in a row, then lose one, then win another 7 in a row, you would be awarded with 7 tokens for [blue]gem clusters, and 1 token for [red]gem clusters.

Consecutive win tracking is already in game, so I'm fairly sure this would be easy to do. It would promote more competition (for the guaranteed epic gem token you either need to get better, or get lucky with comps) and give another "fun RNG" (yeah right) element to PvP gearing that Blizzard seem to love so much.

Best part is all the angry and upset dragon slayers can just hop into arena with their heroic trinkets/weapons and tripple dps their way to extra epic gems!!!

Run away little girl, run away!!!

a bit confusing, but not a bad idea overall. could just simplify it to "when you win a game after you're capped you get a bag which contains a small bit of gold, and a chance to contain some random gem, kinda like the pve bag or the bag from occulus, but without the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    a bit confusing, but not a bad idea overall. could just simplify it to "when you win a game after you're capped you get a bag which contains a small bit of gold, and a chance to contain some random gem, kinda like the pve bag or the bag from occulus, but without the mounts.
    No. Because then you don't have a guaranteed epic gem once per week (as you do with a Deathwing kill) and there is no incentive to get better (winning 7 in a row isn't hard, really) which is what is killing wow to be honest. Players have no desire to improve, just wait until somebody tells them how to play/blizzard nerfs it/class hero makes a tutorial video.

Also, if this was the case, wintrading could produce a potentially infinite ammount of epic gems.

I like my idea better.

Please add this. I do nothing but PvP in wow and I don't make gold. I wouldn't mind doing some BGs for gems/enchants.